Farewell Dinner

When I Look At You - A ChanSoo Fan Fiction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He stirred, having a keen sense of several people around him. His mother noticed and greeted him, propping him to sit up.

 

“Mian, adul, did we wake you?” He heard his mother giggle. “The medical staff who cared for you are here, and Dr. Watanabe too.”

 

Chanyeol greeted the nurses and the doctor in Japanese, although he couldn’t help feeling a little nervous. Would he be having his check-up with Dr. Watanabe in his room?

 

He was still feeling tired, though, despite a very deep sleep. “Omma, w-what time is it?”

 

“It’s half past six in the evening.”

 

Chanyeol was confused. He slept for four hours? “I thought my appointment with Dr. Watanabe was at 4 p.m.?”

 

That was really strange. He thought Kyungsoo would wake him up, as he often did when Chanyeol needed to get ready for his afternoon check-up or therapy, whichever was scheduled for the day. Could it be that it slipped the sous chef’s mind?

 

“We just let you sleep. Anyway, you woke up just in time for your dinner party.”

 

“Dinner party?” He echoed in bewilderment. “Waeyo?”

 

“Your passport was released from the embassy today, and Taeyeon-ssi and I went to pick it up immediately,” Mrs. Park relayed excitedly. “I told Kyungsoo when I ran into him at the hallway earlier. Didn’t he tell you?”

 

Chanyeol blinked. No, he didn’t. “W-What?”

 

“We’re going home tomorrow night, Chanyeollie!” Mrs. Park hugged him tight. “Dr. Kim Minseok’s clinic confirmed your first appointment on Saturday, so we have to be in Seoul this week for you get settled.”

 

Tomorrow night?

 

Already?

 

Was there… some way… he could delay…?

 

He patted his mother slowly at the back. He was shocked, to say the least. However, it was so like his mother to accomplish everything as quickly as possible.  So while he was sleeping, his new passport had been procured, flights had been booked and there was a dinner party to boot?  “Uh… is… Kyungsoo here?”

 

Mrs. Park held his hand in comfort. “He said he would help Yixing-ssi bring the food Jae-wook prepared for your send-off. Tony would be covering the maître d’s post so Yixing could attend, too. I also invited Junmyeon-ssi, since he helped us with the early release of your passport. They should be here soon.”

 

Chanyeol only nodded, wishing that Kyungsoo didn’t have to leave.  This… new update meant that he was literally counting hours before he and his mother would board the plane home.

 

So… Kyungsoo knew… and yet… he didn’t say anything?

 

Why?

 

Just then, there was a knock on the door.

 

“Annyeong, Kyungsoo-yah, Yixing-ssi, Junmyeon-ssi! I’m so glad you’re able to make it!” Mrs. Park greeted happily. “What’s this?”

 

Kyungsoo smiled as he went to Chanyeol’s side. He had bought him a couple of balloons, one red and one blue, each with the inscription of HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY HOME, PARK SAJANGNIM!

 

Yixing and Junmyeon greeted Chanyeol, who in turn greeted them cordially.

 

Chanyeol shyly thanked Yixing for his guitar. “Kamsa-hamnida, Yixing-ssi. Your fine guitar literally saved my sanity, before I died of boredom or idleness.”

 

“It was not a problem at all, Park sajangnim,” Yixing replied graciously, as Junmyeon and Kyungsoo smiled at him. “I’m glad that my guitar was put to good use.” He grinned at Kyungsoo. “I can’t believe that Fender was instrumental in the formation of ChanSoo.”

 

Chanyeol had to chuckle.  He would miss that, being one-half of ChanSoo... “Too bad I have to go home before Kyungsoo and I could sing together for the second time.” He reached for the sous chef’s hand, which Kyungsoo immediately gave him. “I was really looking forward to it.”

 

Yixing and Junmyeon looked at each other knowingly, and then they looked at Kyungsoo, who deflated under his hyungs’ teasing/awkward gaze.

 

“I immensely enjoyed last Friday’s performance, Mr. Park,” Junmyeon chimed in, just to lighten up the atmosphere. “Kyungsoo should definitely keep singing, don’t you think?”

 

“Shut up,” Kyungsoo softly retorted.

 

Chanyeol laughed goodnaturedly as he sensed the playful banter between Kyungsoo and his friends. “Well, I’m glad you’re all here.”

 

Yixing and Junmyeon felt the same and then politely excused themselves to set up the food on the dinner table in Chanyeol’s suite, while the nurses gathered to help as well.

 

“K-Kyungsoo-yah?” Chanyeol whispered. “Where have you been?”

 

“I met Yixing hyung at Seomse, and Junmyeon hyung too. There were a few food containers and they were heavy so it had to take three people,” Kyungsoo answered, just a bit flustered, as he tied the balloons on either side of Chanyeol’s bed. Not that the CEO would see them clearly, but at least he had some decorations for his party.

 

He found Chanyeol only staring at him, his mouth parted. Kyungsoo wasn’t sure how much of him Park sajangnim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter