Epilogue

Eyes Like Hers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Do you think this dress makes me look fat?” I asked  Lisa who sat behind as I stood in front of the full length mirror in my old bedroom. She rolls her eyes as she placed a diamond earring in her lobe.

“Sweetie, you don’t look fat. You’re pregnant. There is a difference.” She said walking over to me as she slid her arms through mine from behind. Her hands landed on my protruding belly as she placed a warm kiss on my neck. I smiled through the mirror as I tilted my head to allow her more access. She ran her hands over my stomach as a warmth settled inside of me.

“We really don’t have time for this,” My breath came out in short spurts as she ran her tongue up the length of my neck. She took my ear lobe between her teeth and lightly bit the nub before removing her lips from my body all together. I whimpered at the loss of contact but she smiled warmly as she placed my head on her shoulder.

“You’re right, we don’t have time now. But tonight, all bets are off.” She removed her arms from mine as she turned, looking at the clock and then craning her head outside of the window to the backyard.

“It’s piling up out there.” She said as she I over her shoulder. She could hear my smile over my chuckle as I eyed Joy chasing Kuma who ran from her, holding a small bouquet in . “Are you ready for this?” I asked as she turned towards me and had to admit that she still took my breath away. “You’re glowing J.” She said and gave me the sweetest smile. “Well, it kind of has to be that way you see, this is a skin of an expectant mother and she breathed in deeply as she locked my hand with hers. I immediately felt the cool metal of her wedding ring and I smiled at the memory of putting it on her finger. Here I was standing in front of my wife, while I held our growing baby in my body, and I felt like life couldn’t get any better.

“I’m ready,” She finally said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter