Chapter 21

Eyes Like Hers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ms. Kim! Ms. Kim!” I turned as my name sounded over the roar of people leaving. My eyes met with a small woman who held a small electronic device in her hand and a small speaker in her ear. She pushed through the crowd as she smiled brightly.

“Ms. Kim,” she huffed as she took a breath. It was obvious that she had been rushing to get to find me.

“Yes?” I asked inquisitively. I tried to keep the hurriedness out of my voice. The last thing I wanted to do was an interview right now and the first being to find the woman who had literally poured her heart out on the stage for me. I had tried to catch Lisa but it was nearly impossible. She had been whisked out of the auditorium so she could appear on the Late Night Oscar’s show that happened every year.

“You’re being requested to join the winners at the after show.” She broke eye contact with me as she pushed the earpiece further in her ear trying to hear something on the other side. She said something briefly back and then turned her attention back. “Sorry about that, it’s been hectic.”

“You’re telling me,” I quipped back as she laughed.

“I bet. Look, I know you probably want to get out of here, but I’ve been tasked to convince you to come.” I raised my eyebrows at the girl, impressed by her confidence.

“Tasked by whom?” I asked with frustration. My mother nudged me to be nice and I forced myself not to roll my eyes. The petite woman smiled and tilted her head.

“By Ms. Manoban. She says she won’t show unless you’re there and we need her to show. You know?” I nodded my head because I did know. Lisa’s acceptance speech would surely be talked about for the next few weeks and she will definitely be questioned about it tonight on the Late Show. And even though I knew what this meant, the prospect of seeing Lisa sooner than later was more than enough for me to agree.

“Sure, can my mother come too?” I pointed behind me as the petite woman nodded her head. “Of course, that was Ms. Manoban stipulation as well. Now, if you’ll both follow me?” The woman turned without us being able to respond and I looked over to my mother with an amused glare.

“That girl of yours is up to something.” My mother said as we followed the young woman through the auditorium to a back door.

“Yes, I’m sure she is. But after what she did on stage, I think I owe her one, don’t you?” My mother smiled as she wrapped her arm around my shoulder.

“Didn’t I tell you not to worry?”

I huffed loudly as a chuckle resounded from my mouth. “Don’t you know you’re always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter