Prologue

Eyes Like Hers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When did you fall in love? It is such a simple question, yet, when someone asks you those six little words, you can’t begin to explain to them the exact moment that feeling came into being. Maybe it’s the sum of the moments you spent with this person; this person who you feel like completes everything you are. This person who was born only for you; this person who seems to breathe out the very essence of your being just so you can breathe it back in. Maybe it was the time that you saw her sitting on that porch step. Her big brown eyes turned up toward the warm sun. The glow of rays streaming through her blonde hair which made the morning seem so much brighter. Maybe it was the time when she befriended you; this amazing person, stuck somewhere between being a just a girl and a woman, looking for comfort and partnership with anyone who would listen, even the awkward girl from next door. Maybe it was the time that she caught you staring and didn’t look away. Maybe it was the acute awareness that she was staring back.

 

The thing is then, time isn’t an intangible thing at all. You live the moments, you touch them, you feel them, you see them. The beat of her heart like the second hand of a clock ticking away. The breaths marking the minutes and hours of the moments, those glorious moments that you were together. You’re able to touch and feel them all. And the memories stay, they always do and they always will.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter