forgotten night (wenrene)

red book (one shot collection)

 

wendy opens up her eyes slowly, blinking mutiple times because of the blinding sunlight from the window facing her.

 

seconds after struggling to look at her surroundings, her head feels like someone banged her head with a steel pot. 

 

my head hurts.... but where am i? 

 

wendy looks around the room. it looks like.... a motel? 

 

the room is not too small but not too big, the wallpapers looks like it would peel off soon because of the old designs, a small television at the wall, a black mini refrigerator on the coffee table and unnecessary photo frame on the wall. 

 

 

looking on where she wakes up, the only clothes she wears is her black t shirt, her lower body is unexposed by a blanket. 

 

 

"you're awake."

 

wendy looks up from the blanket, looking at an angel wearing tanktop and black denim pants. 

 

 

of course she know her; bae irene, the girl that everyone talks about. has been in an on-off relationship with park joy, school's proud athlete. she never talked to wendy because they didn't have to talk because she is a weirdo? 

 

 

wendy is too baffled to say anything back.

 

 

bae irene, the hottest woman on this third habitable rock from the sun, is in the same room with her, a loser? 

 

"i take it as you don't remember a single thing about what happened last night, did you?" irene shakes her head, giving the younger a glass of water.

 

 

wendy reluctantly takes the glass, drinking its contents quickly because she doesn't realize how thirsty she is. 

 

"where the hell am i..."

 

"i'll, uh, tell where you are if you'll tell me who you are."

 

"i-i'm wendy. a freshman? i go to the same school as you,"

 

irene squints her eyes, "a freshman? how did a freshman.... forget it. you don't remember anything at all?" 

 

"n-no, i don't remember a thing when i'm drunk, so if i did something uncomfortable to you, i apologize," wendy bows mutiple times, afraid if she did anything to her crush. damn, it's the last thing on her mind to do anything bad to irene. 

 

 

surprisingly, irene giggles, amused of the freshman. "you're in the motel my dad own." 

 

wendy widens her eyes. "yo-your.... dad?" damn, she ed up.

 

"in case if you didn't notice it yet, we did it last night.....probably," she sits down on the mattress, looking at her lap. 

 

from wendy's eyes, irene looked... troubled(?) and relieved(?)... the freshman can not read irene's face. 

 

 

it's done. there's no turning back. 

 

 

"um.. excuse me, do you know if.... um, did i enjoy it?" 

the question makes irene shots her eyebrows.

 

 

 "am i nuts? of course i enjoyed it..." wendy says to herself, facepalming out of embarrassment. "what i meant was, d-did you?" wendy stutters, slapping her forehead in her mind because she didn't think before she says. 

 

 

irene looks at her curiously with her round eyes, searching for something on the freshman's eyes.  

 

 

wendy waits anxiously for the older's answer, grabbing her pants on the floor on the process. 

 

shrugging while smiling smugly,  irene replies, "hmm. you know what, i... think i did."

 

 

wendy had never felt so relieved like this. it was strange because neither of them had any recall of what happened last night, and here they are, sitting on the same bed. 

 

 

 

as time flies, they are talking about each other. asking about common things, like where do you live?; do you like books?  as if they didn't do something beneath the sheets last night. as of they're in a coffee date. without realizing, they are sitting beside each other (wendy had her pants on), facing the window, looking at the outside world. 

 

"i never went out with a freshman.... not even when i was a freshman."

 

 

wendy snorts, "me neither."

"you were pretty crazy."

"i was?"

"yeah, you know what i like best?"

"uh... am i that good in bed that you still feeling it right now?"

 

 

irene laughs heartily, shaking her head. "no. 

 

waking up in your arms."

 

 

wendy is gaping, hugging herself. "this thing?" 

"uh-huh." 

 

 

without warning, irene brings her arms around the freshman as she kisses her. wendy puts her hand on the senior's head, deepening the kiss. 

 

 

irene's heart beats irregularly, when she was kissing joy, she never feel this butterflies or whatever it is in her stomach. 

 

they both leans away, almost breathless by the kiss. 

wendy feels sparks on her body, so this is what it feels... 

 

 

"so, will you go out with me?" 

wendy heart stops for a few seconds. "with m-me? what about joy?"

 

 

"it's alright. neither one of us is gonna die if it doesn't happen for us. joy knows it too. we're not as what we are then."

 

 

wendy smiles. "it's okay. we will take it slow."

irene nods cutely. 

"so, can i take you to the movies tonight?"

"oh, a movie date?"

"yes. i fetch you at your home if you like."

"please do." irene giggles, making wendy's heart fluttering again. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----

 

 

 

 

 

so, wenrene! that's the first one. 

thank you for reading! tell me what you feel about this update! 

see ya!