.7

Crush

a/n : im still addicted to Highway To Heaven ugh such a BOP T__T n e ways welcome to the real deal of the storywuhhuhuhuhuh

--

 

 

 

“JUNG! JAE! HYUUUUNNN!!!!”

 

She screamed on top of her lung when there was a fake cockroach in one of the pages in her reference book. “you’re so childish I swear to God I hate you with such passion!” she muttered under her breath as she flick the cockroach away and landed on the floor. Everyone in the class already know about her relationship with Jaehyun.

 

Frenemies.

 

It was such a wholesome happiness for her to not be in the same class with Jaehyun because she knows he will do more stupid stuffs on her. She swore that guy had never age except for his looks. He got hell good looking in the span of a year and girls were all around him. Apparently now he also learned how to sing and he joined the school band which made him heck more popular than he already was.

 

She thought, if Taeyong entered the same school as them, he would be part of the band too.

 

Nobody actually heard anything from Taeyong ever since middle school. And now, she was already on her last year in high school. Nothing changed for her. She just got bigger s and longer hair. Her height wasn’t that much of a difference which because Jaehyun has another reason to .

 

And last year, Jaehyun got into 2 relationship and ended it roughly after 3 months with an excuse that they weren’t meant for each other. Not in a boy way though. He was actually genuinely liked them but his feelings didn’t last. And through those two break ups, she was there to comfort him and keep him company while he rant whilst drinking coke, pretending its alcohol.

 

Gladly, he didn’t try any of those. Except that he always go to the cyber cafes now for god knows why.

 

the class for that day ended and she packed her stuffs to go back home. Ah, right. Hayeon also made a new close girl friend named Woomi. She was in her class and well, they are basically deskmate. Woomi didn’t know about Taeyong therefore, she always wonder what T.Y means. Hayeon tend to doodle a lot and would wrong Taeyong’s initial.

 

“Are you going back with me or with Jaehyun today?” Woomi asked. Hayeon wore her bag and sighed. “Jaehyun. He forced me to,”

 

“Well, it’s a Friday. I understand why he wants to walk with you,” she . Hayeon rolled her eyes playfully and hit her arm playfully. “Stop shipping me and Jaehyun. We have nothing. ZERO!” Hayeon stuck out her tongue and walked away. “See you next week!” she waved without looking at Woomi.

 

Right when she got out, Jaehyun was waiting while reading book. don’t be fooled. He was just pretending.

 

“Ah, you’re here.” “Stop pretending to be my boyfriend.” she said and continued walking. Jaehyun caught up with her and put an arm around her. “As if you’re not used to this,”

 

“I’m used to this and that’s why I don’t have a boyfriend.” she pushed his arm away. “People think you’re my boyfriend.” she said in a stern voice. Jaehyun was a little taken back but followed her anyways. “why would you care about what others say? They don’t know you enough to date you.”

 

“Rumors said you literally scare all the boys so they wont come near me,” she said without even looking at him. “You dated twice. I’ve been single all my life,”

 

“You really do care about what people talk about you,” he mumbled and that made her jolted into a stop. “Are you for real? I’m serious right now.” she said and stared straight into his eyes. Jaehyun swallowed the sudden lump in his throat and shook his head. “I didn’t okay. Why would I stop you from dating anyone?”

 

She continued walking. “Thus, it’s not like you have crush on anyone. You kept on doodling Taeyong’s name without even put an effort to find him.”

 

He was true. She was too scared to find Taeyong but she knew she was going to meet him anyways. All she has to do was wait till high school ends. Then they’re going to meet at Seoul Tower. She believed in that.

 

“I have feelings he will forget that day,” Jaehyun mumbled.

 

“You really don’t like seeing me happy is it?” she snapped and that made Jaehyun faked a laugh. “If I don’t like seeing you happy I would put a real roach instead of a fake one-ow!” he rubbed his arms and smiled. “Wait for me!”

 

 

He knew about the rumors spreading around regarding his relationship with Hayeon. Well, he couldn’t help it. He was just too happy around her and showed that childish side of his to her. Even his best friend , Jungwoo kept questioning about it. He kept on repeating, ‘there’s no such thing as JUST friends between a girl and a guy’ and Jaehyun was weird out at why people kept on saying that.

 

True, he found her prettier nowadays and he would understand why guys would want to date her but he sees her as the same Hayeon he knew back then. The Hayeon who saved his life. Hayeon, the chubby Jaehyun’s friend. Maybe it was too soon, but ever since they entered high school, his sense of protectiveness had grew.

 

To his eyes, she looked way weaker now. Maybe because she was too thin. This add to the reasons why Jaehyun hates her now. She kept on saying how ugly she looks like and how chubby she was when literally she was so skinny, he remembered there was one time she couldn’t even stand still when it was windy. Thus, she didn’t even grow upwards! She was too tiny. A pocket size

 

To be honest, Jaehyun was just worried about her. It burdens him sometimes but she was important to him.

 

“Do you want to eat something before going back?” he asked as they were waiting for the bus. She pouted while thinking. “My parents are not home and basically they all followed my dad for another business trips…”

 

“That’s a yes. Okay.” he nodded and took out his phone. “Need to text my mom that I’m not eating dinner with them,” he said while texting to his mom. “I adore you, you know. Even tho you’re this , you’re still a good son.” she chuckled and rest her head on his shoulder. “And here I am, being abandoned because I’m adopted.”

 

“sh! Stop saying that.”

 

“it’s the fact. I’m a trash anyways. I’m bad at studying. Disappointing people is what I do the best,” she continued to talk with that depressing tone. Jaehyun sighed and kept his phone in his pocket. “C’mon your life may be ty but you have Jaehyun.” he said, trying to cheer her up. Well, it did. She laughed. “You’re a too. So my life is tier now.”

 

The bus came 5 minutes later and the two adolescents went in. Through that most of her high school life was spent with either Jaehyun or Woomi. Sometimes she would stay at Woomi’s and just.. be there. She doesn’t want to admit but she knew she does have that mental illness. Depression. Though, she still tries to keep it only to her but sometimes it was too much. Every small things effect her.

 

They decided to go to the city so the ride took about 45 minutes. Jaehyun forgot to bring his earphone so they shared her earphone. It was nothing to them now. Sharing earphone isn’t a big deal. It’s a big deal when Jaehyun has to play some old classic that she doesn’t like.

 

“Jaehyun ah,” she cooed softly and Jaehyun replied with a hum. “Should I find Taeyong? Do you think it will be worth it?” she asked.

 

Jaehyun’s tummy did a thing when she mentioned Taeyong. “err… I don’t know. If you think it is.. then it is.” “Dumb. That’s why I ask you. Because I don’t know,” she sighed and bit her lips. “I really want to date someone. It’s embarrassing to be single at this age.”

 

“excuse me but I’m single. You’re single. We could mingle.”

 

“Hahaha Jaehyun stop,” she hit his lap playfully and Jaehyun laughed too. “Well, if it could work out, I’ll support you.” he said, nodding even though he knew somewhere deep inside him was cursing at him. Hayeon took out her phone and opened her Instagram. “Let’s see if he has any social medias,” she sang softly as she searched for his profile.

 

Jaehyun couldn’t help but to peek. He was actually curious to what Taeyong has become. Is he better than him? Is he smarter than him?

 

“Oh?”

 

His heart dropped.

 

“Ok wrong Taeyong,”

 

His heart climbed back into his ribcage.

 

“Guess he doesn’t have any instagram. I guess we wont be doing lovey dovey stuffs on ig if he doesn’t have any,” she pouted and locked her phone. Jaehyun cleared his throat. “Shut up. I wont do any with you,” she said before he could speak. He burst out in laughter. “You know me too well now you can read my mind? Stay off when it’s midnight. It gets hot and spicy,”

 

“JUNGJAE!!” she whined.

 

 

They decided to eat subway and went for a movie and then went to a nearby Mcdonalds to grab more food.

 

“The movie was boring. It makes me hungry.” she said as she took a big bite on the burger. “Tell me about it. I rather stay up hearing you rant than watch that movie,” he nodded and sip on his coke.

 

“So you’re saying my rants are better? Dang, I wonder why you broke up with your girlfriends. They sure are lucky to have a boyfriend like you,” she said mockingly. “Apparently the person whom talking could be one but she’s a chicken.”

 

“and then break up and becomes stranger? Nah, I’ll pass.” she said too casually until her brain actually processed what she just said. I’ve shouldn’t say that. She mentally hit herself because now Jaehyun was staring at her with his mouth full. “So that’s the reason? Why you don’t want to date me?”

 

“shut up Jaehyun. You just don’t like people rejecting you. That’s why you’re still with me. It’s a disease of yours.” she said it as coldly as possible. “I still having hopes for Taeyong. Any how you can wait.”

 

“ being an option hurt. What do you even see in that Taeyong guy anyways?” she noticed there was a slight annoyance in his voice. “. He was your friend.”

 

“Not my lover. So how should I know?” he said rather coldly and munched on his fries. His eyes reflect coldness-- or was it jealousy? She couldn’t tell. “He’s just.. soft. I don’t know. I was just attracted to him. Does love needs explanation? I don’t think so~” she fed him more fries and he smiled a little. “Idiot.”

 

“You know,” she suddenly said after quite sometimes. “I found his twitter,”

 

“and?”

 

“apparently, his school isn’t that far from ours.” she said and quickly searched for his twitter profile. “He does have an instagram but he doesn’t use much and apparently, he’s still quiet but has quite a lot of friends now.” Hayeon showed the profile to Jaehyun.

 

“Do you think… he still remembers me?”

 

 

 

To be continued.