.5

Crush

 

 

The next morning after breakfast, they gathered up to reveal their small numbers. Jaehyun got his small number a quite expensive items which was a hoodie and a cute small animal printed coin bag. Jaehyun, being the considerate boy, of course would buy the hoodie with an excuse ‘winter is coming’.

 

Hayeon on the other hand bought her small number a cute puppy plushie. She also got her small number a black cap and a pair of new earphones. She saw that Taeyong’s earphone was a bit too dirty and old so she thought about buying a new one for him.

 

“Okay. Did everyone had a fun time during this trip??”

 

“YES!”

 

“Since the trip was too short, me and Mrs. Kim might plan another one maybe before your exams just for you guys to chill a bit before the big day. Anyhow, let’s reveal the small numbers,”

 

Everyone was already holding on to their presents. Hayeon saw some people literally only bought some socks and she thank the lord that the person who had her number was Taeyong. Though, she was a bit too nervous to receive a gift from Taeyong but at least it’s from Taeyong, right?

 

It was finally Taeyong’s turn to go in front and gave his small number the present. Everyone was literally praying to be with Taeyong. Some girls legit over dramatically prayed and people laughed at her. “So what’s your small number Taeyongie?” Mrs. Kim asked. Taeyong bit his lips and searched for Hayeon.

 

“19A,”

 

The other girls groaned in frustration in sync and it literally sound like dying whales. Hayeon, on the other side, hyperly went to the front to accept her gift. Taeyong put the gift in a big paper bag. “I really don’t know if you’ll like it or not,” he mumbled softly.

 

“OF COURSE SHE’LL LIKE IT!! OR ELSE I’M STEALING THAT FROM HER!”

 

“Watch out Hayeon ah! We might take it from you~!”

 

Her friends and she made faces but smiled whenever she turned to look at Taeyong. “Thank you. Don’t worry I’ll love it even if just a pair socks,”

 

“Liar,” he chuckled and people in the room literally squealed when he did so. “I saw how you made faces when you saw people who bought socks,” he said.

 

“Okay. So Hayeonie, who’s your small number?”

 

Hayeon pointed at Taeyong. “This boy,” and people legit died there. “HAYEON AH HOW CAN YOU BE SO LUCKY?!”

 

“JAEHYUN AND TAEYONG??!! GOD IS UNFAIR!”  “Did you save a whole nation to be this lucky?”  “Why you?!”  “I bet it’s some cheap presents. It’s okay Taeyong ah I can buy more expensive stuffs for you!! “

 

Hayeon went back to take the presents and handed to Taeyong. She also put everything into a baby blue paper bag. “There’s a plushie, a cap and also a pair of earphones in there,” she said as she handed the paper bag. Taeyong was literally smiling from ear to ear. “Thank you,”  

 

When they both sat back down, Jaehyun was ready to off. “So I did the right thing about running away to Jihyun and gave time for you and your little Taeyong?” he nudged her arms using his elbow. Hayeon just chuckled. “Shut up.”

 

“Will I be in your favourite people list of 2015??”

 

“Of course you will! You’re always in the list. It’s been few years now,”

 

“I’m glad,” he smiled and waited for his turn to go up.

 

 

 

--

 

 

After the trip, they were pressured due to their upcoming exams. Being a Jaehyun, he would study non-stop whenever it comes to big exams. He may be playful and cheeky but when it was exam seasons, he would drop everything and Hayeon was the only person he would open up to.

 

It was during one of their evening self study session when his nose suddenly started to bleed. “Oh god, Jaehyun! You’re bleeding!” someone shouted. Jaehyun quickly looked up to the ceiling and used his sleeve to wipe the blood which earned a loud smack on the back by Hayeon. “Are you dumb?” she said and handed him her handkerchief.

 

Jaehyun took it and wiped it. “Thanks,” he mumbled and was about to continued studying when Hayeon dragged him away. “Rooftop. You need fresh air,”

 

Hayeon bought Jaehyun a can of peach tea and bought herself a can of coffee. “Even though you’re the one having menstrual bleeding on your face, I’m the one who is scared to death about the exams,” she heaved a deep sigh. Jaehyun had few tissues up on his right nose and it looked a little too funny for both of them. “I should put a tampon up on my nose then, huh?”

 

“Ew, you’re gross!”

 

“Said the person who said I’m having period blood on my face,”

 

“Ahh, Jaehyun, but really!! I don’t want to sit for this exam! I don’t want to lose you! I don’t want to… grow up..” she said the last word softly. “We’re growing up, aren’t we?” she said as she looked up into the sky. The sky was already orange-ish and they could flocks of birds flying above them. Instead of looking at the sky, Jaehyun’s eyes were fixed on her. “Yeah, we are,”

 

“Do you think we can.. survive?”

 

It was at this point, he realized how much time they had spent together and it felt surreal. He remembered being the chubby kid that always get bullied and now he’s the school’s eye candy and despite all of that, she was there with him. All the time. “I survived from being fat. I don’t see why cant we survive in the future,” he casually said but deep inside, honestly, he was scared too.

 

“You’re sick. Stop saying that,” she clicked her tongue in annoyance. Jaehyun took out the tissue from his nostril and wrapped it up with another tissue before keeping it in his pocket so he could throw away later. “But it’s true.. you were there for me when I went through that stage of life and if you think you can’t survive being a woman, I can be the man to your wo,”

 

“JUNG JAEHYUN THAT WAS CHEESY OMG!!” she laughed so loud that it echoed. When she turned around to face Jaehyun, he was already standing closed to her. For some reasons, she realized she didn’t appreciate his features enough. Jaehyun was handsome. Very handsome but that thought never cross her mind because, well, they had been together for so long.

 

The sun only made his skin glowed even better and he looked surreal. It was making her nervous.

 

“Why?” he asked her who was zoning out a little bit. It he wasn’t her best friend, maybe just maybe, she could have a feeling towards him. “Just wondering until when this Jaehyun will be this Jaehyun and not be ruined Jaehyun,” she said and smiled.

 

“What do you mean by that?”

 

“Guys.. will change a lot during high school right? That is when they try everything. I might lose my nice wushy Jaehyun soon. So I’m taking my golden time to appreciates it right now.”

 

“I.. what makes you think I’ll do all of that?”

 

“Because you’re Jaehyun. Nobody can stop Jaehyun,”

 

He sighed softly. “But you can,” he bit his lips nervously and was about to take a step back but he remained. He doesn’t want her to see him differently. Not in that way. He wasn’t ready for that.

 

“Trust me. It wasn’t me. It was you. It was you all along. Don’t manipulate that fact. It’s never me Jaehyun.” she shook her head and looked away. She wasn’t so sure either why they’re having a heartfelt conversation after Jaehyun had his period blood through his nose. Jaehyun let out a scoff. “We look like we’re doing those scene in a high school romance dramas that they air every Monday and Tuesday at 9 pm,”

 

Hayeon laughed. “You’re dumb,”

 

“Let’s do well, okay? I’ll help you,”

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

It was few weeks before the exams come and Hayeon decided to go to the nearby cafe to grab some coffees and cakes. She was brave enough to get out from the house because her parents weren’t home because they decided to go follow her dad for his business trip in Busan and she was stuck at home. That’s why she decided she should go out for some

 

She entered the cafe and ordered her usual drinks. Whilst waiting, her eyes lingered around the cafe. It was pretty much empty but there was someone familiar sitting on one of the empty seats. She squinted her eyes for e better vision because she wasn’t wearing her glasses.

 

Ever since the trip ended, she and Taeyong didn’t talk much. There was nothing to talk about and to be very very honest, she didn’t even know where he was staying. Nobody does.

 

She walked closer to the ‘Taeyong’ guy and tapped on his shoulder. The boy turned around and she gasped. “It’s really you,” she said in a whispering tone. Taeyong was wearing a pair of glasses and he was wearing the earphone that she gave him. The boy smiled and took off his earphones. “Hello. Didn’t know you would come here too,” he said. For some reasons, his voice sounded a bit hoarser than usual.

 

“Are you sick?” was the first thing she said and that caught him off guard. “Haa, kinda. I caught flu few days ago..” he cleared his throat. “is it that obvious?”

 

“Maybe it’s just me but your voice seemed a bit too manly for your face,” she giggled and that made Taeyong chuckled. “Well, I should be sick always then if I want to sound manly,”

 

“Oof, wait a minute. I have to take my drinks,”

 

Taeyong watched as the girl quickly ran to the counter to take her drink then ran back to him. “May I?” she pointed at the empty seat across him and he happily nodded. He had never been to a cafe with someone and it was his first. “Are you like Jaehyun too? Study till death?” she asked sipping on her coffee.

 

The boy shrugged. “I just happened to study because I have nothing to do. If that make sense.” he said and that made her to mockingly laughed at him. “You really don’t have friends is it? What a bummer,” she said in a teasing tone and that made Taeyong to pout. The mere reaction of his sent electrifying feelings to her skin. She had never seen him pouting like that and it was just too adorable.

 

“I’m just bad at socializing. It’s not like I don’t want to make friends..” he defended himself, only making him sound whiny and cuter. Hayeon put down her drinks and shook her head.”C-can you like not have friend and only have me as a friend because I don’t want other people to see this cute side of yours. Ever!” she accidentally spilled her inner thoughts out loud. Her hands quickly covered . “Eh?”

 

She shook her head vigorously. “NO NO! IGNORE WHAT I SAID! Gosh, I’m so stupid. I meant to say that you SHOULD have friends! Make a lot of friends!”

 

“But you said to not make friends because you wan-” “I was wrong! Please don’t take it weirdly. You’re just cute. That’s all,”

 

Taeyong blinked a few times, trying to progress what was happening in his slow brain. “Ah.. I’m cute. You’re cute too. We can be the cute friends,” he nodded with a smile and took a sip on his chocolate drink. Hayeon sighed in relief. Thank god he’s the oblivious type. If he’s a Jaehyun, I would be dead in a ditch already.. 

 

Hayeon watched as Taeyong tried to finish one more question before he closed his books and put it aside. At the best timing, the cake arrived as well. “I ordered two slices of cakes with different flavors because I don’t which one I should get,” she realized how much his face lit up when the cake as placed on the table. He was such a baby. Hayeon was used to be babied by Jaehyun, she had no idea it was this cute to baby someone.

 

“Oh gosh, thank you!” he exclaimed and took a bit on the cheesecake. “We can eat both together! Here! Ahh~” her eyes widened a little when he was about to feed her but she ate it anyways and felt her cheeks burned afterwards. “Are you.. always like this with girls, Taeyong ah?”

 

Taeyong raised his eyebrow at the question as he took another spoonful of the tiramisu cake. “What you saying? This is my first time with a girl. With someone,” he said excitedly. “Well, I did hang out with Jaehyun a few time before. Taeil too.” he nodded, recalling his memories with his friends.

 

“Jaehyun talked about you a lot. Maybe that’s why I get a little too comfortable with you,” he added and that caught her off guard. “What do you mean Jaehyun always talk about me?”

 

“Just.. how he was worried about you and wondering if your friendship with him will always be this fun. I was kinda weird out with Jaehyun and jealous too. Is he blind? I think so.” Taeyong as basically talking to himself and that made her curious. Taeyong on the other hand was too happy with the cakes and after his umpteenth spoon, he realized she wasn’t eating any. He took another spoon of cake and fed Hayeon again.

 

His thumb caressed across the tip of her lips and she was paralyzed right on the spot. Instead of wiping off on the tissue, he his thumb. “T-taeyong..”

 

He just smiled shyly. “I had always wanted to do that.. with you..” he looked down on the plate. “It taste sweeter,” he mumbled and continued to eat the cake.

 

“You..”

 

 

To be continued.