.10

Crush

 

 

Hayeon woke up late the next day and the first thing she did when when she woke up was texting Taeyong. Apparently, he was already awake and just go back home from his usual morning jog. Taeyong did ask if they should grab breakfast together but she was hesitating and that made him called her.

 

come and eat breakfast with me,” he whined on the other line cutely. She couldn’t help but to melt lower in her bed. “Why are you so cute and adorable. You’re not this cute before,” she giggled and that made Taeyong chuckled. “it’s not like everyone can see this side of me. It’s exclusive only for my girlfriend,” he said, again with cuteness. “You sound like a little kitten. Ah~ let’s go eat breakfast together,” she sat down on her bed and stretched herself.

 

that’s my girl. I’ll meet you infront of your house later. Come out when I text you, okay?”

 

 

 

--

 

 

Jaehyun was dead…. from playing too much game. His eyes were bloodshot red and he was laying upside down on his sofa while making incoherent sound. “Why am I like this..” he whined and his hand flapped around searching for his phone. It was almost 4 PM and he had yet shower nor move from his position for the past 6 hours.

 

“Jung Jaehyun,” his mom called and he shifted his head to look at his mom. “Yes, ma.” he answered lazily. “Go shower will you. How long are you going to lay down like that.” she began to nag him. “I’m laaazzyyyy,” he whined and tossed around. His mom was a tad weird with her son sudden behaviour. “Why are you home anyways? I thought you would always hang out with Hayeon during the weekends.”

 

Jaehyun covered his face with the pillow and let out a long, devastating groan. Mrs. Jung’s eyes widened and she quickly took a seat beside Jaehyun. “Did Hayeon find herself a boyfriend?” she asked enthusiastically and that made Jaehyun felt even sicker. She assumed the silence as a yes. “Ya, Jung Jaehyun!” she hit her sound softly. “Why didn’t you stop her?” her mom said and he quickly removed the pillow from his face, all puzzled and weirded out.

 

“Why would I?” he blinked in confusion. It was either the fact that his mom wasn’t happy that she was dating or she was asking him to stop Hayeon from dating that made things even weirder. Mrs. Jung sighed and just smiled. “You’re not even happy when your best friend goes out with another guy. Then what does that supposed to mean?”

 

He could feel the sudden heat raised in his cheeks but he bet his ears were as red as the tomato at that moment. “You’re one of the people that don’t believe a girl and a boy friendship, isn’t it? I’m disappointed.” he pouted and crossed his arms across his chest. “So what? Now you’re on protest because she replaced you?”

 

“Hayeon didn’t replaced me mo-MOM!! what are you trying to make me dooo~!” he got up and sat down properly. His mom was already smirking at him and poked his thigh. “Aigoo Jaehyunnie, it’s okay. You’re still young. Figure out yourself aye?” she stood up and walked away from the perplexed Jung Jaehyun. His mom happily went away to the kitchen to prepare some food.

 

“If you’re not going out, you better help me coo-” “I’M GOING OUUUTT~” he sang and ran away to his bathroom to take a shower.

 

 

Well, he got out alright. But he has no idea where he was heading. Jaehyun stopped by one of the cafes and fished out his phone from his pocket. He contacted Taeil. It had been quite sometimes since they hang out but they do constantly update each other. Even Taeil doesn’t have Taeyong personal contacts anymore.

 

Jaehyun asked Taeil out for some grilled meat and the latter agreed and told him he was on his way. Taeil was known as the outgoing guy and apparently he’s very smart too. He was his school’s best student and he most likely going to get some high end scholarships once he finished high school.

 

It didn’t take Taeil long to arrive at the restaurant Jaehyun was waiting. “Damn, someone got some facial done over the year,” Taeil approached and did a handshake with Jaehyun. The two hugged and sat down on the chair. Jaehyun was already grilling the meat. “Well, it’s Jung Jaehyun you’re talking about,” he chuckled.

 

“I bet you have some spicy inside stories that’s why you’re calling me out, am I right?”

 

“Caught me red handed. I’m spilling some teas tonight,” Taeil chuckled listening to Jaehyun’s conversation. He made the ‘keu’ sound and helped him grilled. “If only we’re old enough to drink alcohol, it would be just perfect,” the two boys laughed.

 

As they began eating the food, Jaehyun told Taeil about Hayeon and Taeyong. Lucky enough Taeil didn’t die choking on his wrap. “Excuse me- WHAT?!” he attracted some people in the restaurant and quickly apologized. “Woah, what the heck. That fast?”

 

Jaehyun shrugged and made his wrap. “She dmed him on his twitter and he replied. They met that night and went out officially after that. She didn’t even bother to like check what he had been doing and what not..” he ate his wrap and talked with his mouth full. “I’m worried.” Taeil nodded, agreeing with Jaehyun. “I really don’t trust online people that much or like at least I have to get to know them first. I mean, he broke contact with us just like that. Went missing..”

 

Taeil was about to take another bite on the meat when something crossed his head. “Ah! But it’s not that weird if they’re dating though,”

 

“Why so?”

 

“That day. When Taeyong wanted to talk to Hayeon alone, someone said he confessed to her and they kissed.”

 

Now it was Jaehyun’s turned to choke on his food, attracting attentions from people around him. Taeil poured him the cider and he hastily drank it for dear life. “Hayeon didn’t tell you?” Taeil asked him curiously. It was understandable if she didn’t tell him right away but wouldn’t she at least tell him at one point? Jaehyun was feeling all such feelings at once and he was a little sick. “She didn’t tell me anything. She only told me that Taeyong wrote her a letter…”

 

“So best friends do keep things from each other..” Taeil nodded and took another piece of meat into his mouth. “I told her everything oka-”

 

“Don’t forget you didn’t tell her that you didn’t go to cyber cafes, you went to smoking instead,” Jaehyun closed his mouth and nodded. “Yeah. I agreed. Best friends do keep things from each other but! She kissed him or he kissed her?”

 

“he kissed her. Someone was there and well, good enough that person didn’t take pictures. I heard Taeyong actually flew overseas for few months.” Taeil added another information. Jaehyun was staring at Taeil in awe. How did this guy knows a lot.. “I have friends. They tell stuffs. Sometimes we buy stuffs from them. Depends.” Taeil said, answering his thoughts and Jaehyun squinted his eyes at Taeil. “You’re scary.”

 

Taeil just laughed. “But really, I’m curious about Taeyong. He got famous with his looks I don’t think he;s that innocent…” the boy said. Jaehyun his lips and took another sip on his coke. “I feel the same too. Actually, I haven’t seen him face to face yet. Hayeon won’t let me meet him.” Taeil laughed again. “Oh god, you two. I still wonder why didnt you guys date each other instead..”

 

“I told you. She’s my best friend.”

 

“If she’s just a best friend we wouldn’t be discussing this matter right now. You’re a loyal dog, Jung Jaehyun,” Jaehyun clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes. “loyal my . You think I can’t date now?” Taeil eyed him suspiciously. “Can you date now? Knowing that Hayeon is in that relationship?” there was a sudden lump growing inside Jaehyun’s throat. He was nervous.

 

“Why can’t I? I am worried about her doesn’t mean I have to 100% only focus on her…”

 

“Then go on a blind date.” Taeil provoked him.

 

Jaehyun shook his head. “I can just answer one of the love letters I get in my locker.’ he said confidently. Taeil ate another piece of meat. “Are you sure Jung Jaehyun? You’re going to break another girl’s heart if you’re not sincere about the relationship..”

 

“Ah ! I don’t know! I don’t want to be selfish and hurt someone’s feeling just because my feelings are being hurt,”

 

“Told you you’re a loyal dog,” “Stop calling me that,” “Dog Jae,” “Stop.” “Puppy Jae,”

 

“Much better,”

 

 

 

-

 

 

It was finally a Monday and Jaehyun has a reason to see Hayeon. He was pretty much too excited that morning and waited for the bus to come. When he the bus arrived and he got inside, he saw Hayeon was sitting alone by the window. He quickly took a seat beside her and poked her.

 

“Morning,” he greeted happily but she wasn’t smiling. “Morning,” she mumbled.

 

“Did something happen?” he asked as he took off his bag and hugged it. He tried to examine her expression. Usually when she’s moody, it would always be about her family but for some reasons it felt different today. “Did you guys had a quarrel?” Jaehyun asked softly, not wanting for her to burst. Hayeon sighed and nodded.

 

That made Jaehyun to chuckle. “It’s not funny. I don’t like how I’m feeling right now,” she said while pouting and Jaehyun just smiled in amusement. “I’m your best friend I don’t deserve seeing the moody you when the reason of your moodiness isn’t me.” Hayeon turned to look at him and she made her puppy eyes. “Can we go eat subway after class?” she asked, rather a bit too cutely and Jaehyun’s tummy did a backflip.  

 

“Ew, since when do you use aegyo when asking me for something?” he laughed. “I guess your boyfriend doesn’t feed you enough therefore it’s my duty to feed you,” he nodded and rested his head on her shoulder. “Wake me up when we arrived. I didn’t sleep last night playing games,” he said and closed his eyes before she could protest.

 

Well.. he was busy stalking last night. He did some major stalking on Taeyong, trying to find his flaws but of course, she doesn’t know. She was madly in love with Taeyong to realize any of that.

 

Jaehyun took Taeil’s word in for consideration. Though, he still wants her to date happily but he has to know at least something about Taeyong. It wouldn’t be a surprise if he’s two timing with that kind of face. Being innocent and pure might only be a facade. Who knows?

 

“Jaehyun,” Hayeon shook his head and instinctively he held her hand, waking up. “We’re here. Wake up,” she said standing up, naturally pulling her hand away from his grip. Jaehyun nodded and wore his bag. He was still feeling a bit sleepy but followed her anyways. For some odd reasons, they arrived early that day.

 

“Are you going to go out with Taeyong this week ?” he asked as they entered the school compound. Their steps matches and it made him felt a little giddy inside. “I’m going out with Woomi. Taeyong is busy for the week. He has his soccer matches.” she said that with a smile on her face. “I might be going there to cheer for him along with Woomi,”

 

“Why wont you bring me?”

 

“Why would I bring you?”

 

Jaehyun made the ‘ha’ sound and crossed his arms across his chest in disbelief, exaggeratedly of course. “Because I’m your best friend. How bold of you to even question about it.” Hayeon burst out in laughter and Jaehyun laughed along. “I cant. He doesn’t like it.. well, he doesn’t want to feel like an option. You know?” she said and there was a slight sadness in expression and Jaehyun nodded. “Okay okay. I know. Of course he would feel intimidated. It’s Jung Jaehyun.” he slid his hand inside his pants’ pocket and tried to act coolly.

 

“Yes. Because you’re Jung Jaehyun.” she repeated softly. “I don’t want people to misunderstand anything.” Jaehyun was totally turned off with the ‘ what people think ‘ topic. “I understand..”

 

 

 

 

To be continued.