.3

Crush

 

 

Taeyong wasn’t the first one to come that morning. He was, in fact, pretty late. Jaehyun and Taeil were talking with each other when Taeyong approached them. “Am I that late?” he asked the two boys. Taeil chuckled and pat his shoulder. “Nah, you’re cool. We’re still waiting for some other students.” Taeil said. Jaehyun, on the other hand, was scanning Taeyong from head to toe. He was actually a bit anxious about the trip.

 

Everyone was with everyone and everything seemed to be very calming.

 

The teachers had told them to gather up and began to start their briefing session. “Okay. For this trip, since all of you going to graduate soon, me and Ms. Kim had already planned some special events for this trip.” Mr. Lee said. “So for in this jar, we have all numbers double and you will be partner up with your partners throughout the whole trip.”

 

The children started to excitedly talking about it with each other. Of course, everyone was excited to partner up with Taeyong. “However,” the teacher interrupted. “There’s a small number in the notes, and you required to take care of that number.”

 

“There will be A and B. so the number goes 1A and 1B, 2A and 2B and so on..” they continued. “And.. at the end of the trip we will have confession time and also we will reveal who is taking care of who. You can give that person presents too,” Mrs. Kim added.

 

“Okay. Since everyone is here, let’s all take one paper each.”

 

The kids quickly went in front to take their numbers. Pushing and shoving each other away to get the numbers, but Hayeon just waited for them all to take one. “You’re not gonna take one?” Jaehyun asked. “Waiting those zombies to be done first..”

 

“J-Jaehyun ah,” a girl came to Jaehyun. “Here, I took one for you..” she said shyly, handling the folded piece to Jaehyun. Jaehyun smiled and took it from her. “Thank you. Hope we get the same number,” he said with that charming smile of his and she quickly walked away. He was all smiling until he turned to look at Hayeon. “,” she mumbled and walked up in front to take a piece.

 

“Oh?” she gasped. “Teacher, I didn’t get any..” Hayeon mumbled, realizing the jar was empty already. Mrs. Kim looked concerned. “Wait there, dear,” she said and went up to the kids. “Did any one of you accidentally took two piece of papers?? Please give one to Hayeon.” she said loudly.

 

Then Sunhwa came up and handed her the other piece. “Sorry,” she said and quickly pulled Hayeon with her. “What number did you get??” she asked eagerly. Hayeon was excited to know too. “Wait wait,” she tried to unfold the small piece of papers and saw the number. “19A.. what number did you get??” she asked Sunhwa. “10B and.. I don’t think we get each other too. My small number is 21A,” Sunhwa showed her numbers and Hayeon did the same.

 

“Okay. The A team please stand on my right and B team stand on my left,” Mr. Lee ordered and the kids got to their positions. Some of the kids kept on teasing each other and made funny faces to their friends but Hayeon saw Taeyong and he was standing quietly besides Taeil. He didn’t look uncomfortable. He was… smiling.

 

And unconsciously, that made her smiled too.

 

The teacher began to call out their numbers and turned out Taeyong was few numbers earlier than her. He partner up with one of the girls and well, she was the happiest human of the trip. Right after Taeyong’s number was announced, a lot of the girls kept on whining and complaining. She didn’t mind to be honest. She wasn’t expecting anything.

 

Well, everything was nice until the teacher announced her number. “19A and 19B. you two can go to the side,”

 

Hayeon walked up only to see Jaehyun was there. “YOU?!” the two of them shouted at each other. “TEACHER CAN WE PLEASE CHANGE?” “HECK I DON’T WANT TO BE WITH HIM EVER!” “AS IF I WANT TO! I DON’T MIND OTHERS JUST NOT HER!”

 

“Now now, no changing. You two just have to get along throughout the trips. And since Jaehyun is a guy, you should aware of what Hayeon’s doing since she’s practically under your care.”

 

“Wait WHAT?! ain’t this fat kid be taking care of me!”

 

“As if I want! Fat!”

 

The two of them stomped all the way to the group of kids that already partner up with their partners and waited to get into the bus. The two of them stood there quietly… until Jaehyun started laughing and Hayeon did too. “You’re annoying,” Hayeon said and hit his arm. “Dude, I literally hope to actually partner up with an actual girl so I can atleast have my kiss or something. You’re useless,”

 

“As if I can’t kiss you,”

 

“As if you dare to,” Jaehyun mocked her. “Meh.. true enough,” she shrugged.

 

 

 

The ride in the bus was pretty much the same as any other bus she rode. It was with Jaehyun. She would sat by the window and casually leaning against the window, staring outside and Jaehyun would play games on his phone. Every once in a while, Jaehyun would offer snacks but she refused to eat any. She wasn’t much a snack eater.

 

“Oh, by the way,” Jaehyun poked her. “Do you have anything that you want tho? I mean, I know your secret santa gonna buy one for you but I bet you wouldn’t really like it,” Jaehyun said rather confidently making Hayeon to laugh a tad too loud. “Lol. Why ? you want to buy something for me?” she looked at him and Jaehyun nodded. With such serious face. “For some reasons, I feel like we wont be in the same class next year.. and well.. it’s a good chance to be stuck with you on this trip,”

 

“Ew.. but okay. I want.. urm.. headbands? Plushie?? anything cute?”

 

Jaehyun laughed. “Since when do you like cute stuffs,” he rolled his eyes and focus back on his games. “You’re lucky I didn’t get your number for the presents thingy..” he mumbled and Hayeon just rolled her eyes. “Oh, do you know who’s the owner of number 12B?” she asked.

 

Jaehyun looked at her as if she just murdered 2 cats and 4 kittens. “Are you for real?”

 

“For real,” she said with such seriousness.

 

“It’s Taeyong.”

 

“Eh?!!”

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

They arrived at Everland around 10 am and were free to walk and play around until 1 pm which they will gather to have lunch together. Taeyong got to know his partner and turned out her name was Jihyun and she was from class 3. it was kinda obvious that she was head over heels for Taeyong and being a nice man, he tried to be talkative but he just.. didn’t get the vibes yet.

 

He was actually really excited about the secret santa session and he knew the person pretty well. That’s why he felt that this trip wasn’t that . He was lowkey hoping to be partner up with Jaehyun or Taeil. Or even Hayeon. He felt like he could get a long with her well.

 

Since they arrived, they walked around together and played together. Taeyong and Jihyun followed another 8 kids and Taeyong saw the JaeYeon couple being all giddy and touchy with each other when he was lining up to ride the roller coaster. Jihyun told him that she had been there before and the roller coaster was a bit scary and Taeyong just nodded.

 

“Have you ever ride any?”

 

“I think so? I don’t really remember,” he answered and looked around. He was praying that Hayeon would come and ride the roller coaster too so that he could atleast hear what she’s talking about with Jaehyun. I need to buy her something.. but I don’t know what should I buy.. 

 

Upon his wishes, the two actually come to the line. “Oh? Jihyun ah!” Jaehyun greeted her. “Oh Jaehyun! Hahah you’re partner up with Hayeon? Aren’t you guys bored of each other already?” she teased and that made Hayeon snorted. “I want to cancel him but I cant. Annoying brat. Oh! I see you’ve been partner up with the famous guy. Hi!” she waved to Taeyong and he waved back.

 

“Wanna ride too with us?” Jihyun asked and Jaehyun and Hayeon exchanged look. “I told you to ride it but you refused.” Jaehyun said and rolled his eyes in annoyance. “Fine! I wanted to write that one first..”she pouted and Jaehyun ruffled her hair. “Can’t you see the line is THAT LONG? Come on, let’s ride this one first.”

 

Thanks to Jihyun, they managed to cut lines. Typical.

 

Apparently, Jaehyun was too caught up with Jihyun and kinda abandoned Hayeon. She knew that Jaehyun used to have a thing on Jihyun but they became good friends instead. To be honest, they shared a lot of stories together. She knew his crushed and he knew hers.

 

“Soo, how’s the trip so far?” Hayeon asked Taeyong who had been zoning out for awhile. He snapped back to reality and smiled. “Been great. Just a little worried on what should I buy for my small number person.” he said and crossing his arms across his chest. “It’s actually my first time to join such thing and I.. don’t know what to buy for people,” he confessed and looked at her. “What about you?”

 

“Me?” she hummed for a moment, thinking. “This trip is just like any other day since my partner is lame Jaehyun. I just wish I could partner up with someone else. Any one but Jaehyun…” she eyed Jaehyun who was literally throwing himself to Jihyun. Taeyong saw the expression on her and smiled. “You like Jaehyun?”

 

“Hello? Earth to Taeyong? No. What the hell are you saying?” she now also had her arms crossed across her chest. “Jaehyun is anything but a boyfriend.” she sighed. “We’re just great friends. That’s all,” she nodded, reassuring herself instead of reassuring him. Taeyong chuckled. “Just playing with you,” he said.

 

“Are we going to end up together because.. Jaehyun…”

 

She looked up and saw Jihyun was already linking arm with Jaehyun moving to the front. “I swear to god this piece of ,” she cussed and sighed. Taeyong offer his arm to her. “Want to.. link arms too?” he asked with the softest voice she had ever heard. “Eh..?” she patted his arm and smiled. “Don’t force yourself. Let’s go,” instead of linking arm, she pulled him by the sleeves and they were up for the ride.

 

Hayeon and Jaehyun really liked extreme stuffs so the two of them were pretty much numb for these kind of rides. Unlike Taeyong.

 

During the ride, Taeyong was literally screaming his lungs out and unconsciously gripping on her hand for dear life. Of course, she was dead. TAEYONG HELD HER HAND FOR GOD SAKE!! right when the ride ended, the two of them were laughing so hard because she just couldn’t move on how high pitched Taeyong’s scream was.

 

Jaehyun and Jihyun also came to them. “Jaehyun Jaehyun! Taeyong scream was so loud!” she laughed, hitting Jaehyun’s arm and Jaehyung laughed also. “I know. I heard!” he said and smiled seeing how happy Hayeon was. “Anyways, sorry I left her behind. I shall take her back now,” Jaehyun said and quickly dragged her away.

 

“Oh? Hahaha, Taeyong ah bye! See you around!” she shouted as she being dragged away. Taeyong just smiled and softly thank Jaehyun for leaving her behind unattended.

 

 

-

 

“Jae~” she cooed and showed the bunny headband on her head. “Can you buy me this?? does this look cute?” she said in a cuter tone. It always work on Jaehyun. Even this time. “Hn.. do they have a pink one? I think pink looks better on you,”

 

“Pink?” she frowned. “But my skin isn’t that fair to wear such color..” she mumbled and took the pink one. “See?” she put the headband on and Jaehyun couldn’t help but to pinch her cheeks. “I’m buying both of that for you. Wear the pink one when you see me.” he said and took both gray and pink bunny handband with him. Hayeon happily follow Jaehyun from behind.

 

“Should we buy something together?” she looked around. “A couple hat? I don’t want a couple shirt unless if we’re buying Mickey Mouse.” she said as she was looking around while holding on Jaehyun’s shirt. Jaehyun was looking around too and to be honest, he too, doesn’t know what to buy. “Hmm.. a couple.. ah, bracelet!”

 

He picked up the silver bracelet wear they can choose pendants to put on. “Oohh, they have peach here!” he exclaimed excitedly. Hayeon stood beside him and stared at the pendants. “Should we like.. exchanged? I’ll wear yours and you’ll wear mine? Or our names but with each other’s pendant?” she suggested.

 

“Our names but with each other’s pendants.” he said and quickly find a J and a H along with a peach. Hayeon tried to find her pendant which was the bunny. She was small that’s why she likes bunny a lot. Hamsters too. “Oh! I found a bunny!” she exclaimed and handed it to Jaehyun. “Orait!”

 

After finished buying stuffs, the two of them went the place that they should gather for lunch. They had already put on the bracelet. Once they arrived, literally most of them purchased couple items so each partner had their own item.

 

Even Taeyong. He was wearing a panda headband along with Jihyun.

 

The teachers gave them the lunch allowance and they went to buy the food. Hayeon followed Jaehyun and looked around. “Does it look weird on me..” she pointed at the pink bunny headband on her head. “Can’t you wear the pink one instead of the gray one?” she had been persuading Jaehyun to wear the pink one instead but the boy won’t budge. “No,”

 

“Mean,”

 

She was about to turn around and walked away when she accidentally hit someone and a cup of coke fell to her shirt. “aahh,”

 

 

To be continued.

 

 

a/n : are you guys enjoying it so far???  i hope yall enjoy! and do comment so me can know what you think huhuhuh