60%: The Jealousy

85%
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun hates group projects. And he has been complaining about the new group project he has  this semester to me for the whole morning of today. 

And here’s the thing that I don’t get. He is a social butterfly, he loves talking to people and getting to know them better, but when it comes to group projects, it’s like he is facing a mortal enemy. 

I tried telling him to just it up, and work with his group mates because he can’t escape from it forever. When he goes into the working world, he needs to work with other people, and he can’t whine about it.

He hates it whenever I try to lecture him about it. He says that I nag at him more than his mother does. 

“Why can’t you be like ‘Oh, it must be so hard for you, Baek baby.’” Baekhyun whines. 

“Ew. There’s no way that I am saying that.” I whisper to him. 

“Hey, we are fake dating, remember?” Baekhyun rolls his eyes. “And I overheard from some girls saying that we don’t actually look like we are dating. People are smart, Woojin. They will soon figure out that this whole dating thing is fake and we both are screwed.” Baekhyun glares at me while mumbling. 

“Right. You ask for this.” I hiss at him. I stand up from my seat, and walk over to Baekhyun’s seat, which is opposite to where I was sitting at first. 

I never really had a boyfriend, and isn’t really a big enthusiast when it comes to acting cute in front of guys. And the thought of acting cute in front of my best friend makes me feel…weird. 

I clear my throat, and think to myself: I am an adorable girlfriend. I am good at acting cute. Smile at Baekhyun, use a high pitch voice and blink excessively at him.

And that is what I did, but it doesn’t come out as what I hoped it to be. My voice breaks as soon as I open my mouth, and I am stuttering like I don’t know how to speak properly.

“B-ba-by,” I flush red in embarrassment because I can see from Baekhyun’s face that he is clearly enjoying this whole thing and he is ready to make fun of me for this for at least three months. He is a sadist who enjoys my misery. And so he will mention about this every single time we see each other because he loves to see me suffer.

“Yes?” He asks me, as he tilts his head with that annoying smirk on his face.

“Should I come when you have meeting with your group members?” 

“Aww, thank you baby. But it’s really ok, baby. As long as you continue to stay by my side, it will recharge my energy. Oppa is happy just to see you smile at me.” That smooth talker is having an easy time.

“Why don’t you give oppa a good bye kiss before we head to class?” The way he is just looking at me with that innocent look on his face is totally asking for me to hit his head as hard as possible.

Now, he is just asking for troubles.

“I-Um….Here is too crowded, Baek. I-I am quite shy.” I frown at him, hoping that he will soon drop this whole thing and just peacefully go to the class.

“If Woojin baby is shy, I will do it for you.” 

He holds my nape (probably to prevent me from moving my head back to escape from him),  and I could only squirm my face as his face inches closer to mine.

When his face is just a few centimetres away from mine, I hiss at him, “Baek, don’t you dare. I swear I will bloody kill you if you move even an inch closer to me.” 

 He laughs when he hears my threat. He isn’t even fazed by it. He still has that annoying grin on his face, which I detest so much right now. 

“I think getting myself slaughtered isn’t that big of a deal,” His eyes drift over to my lips, “Especially when the reward is so sweet.” 

“Baekhyun, I will treat you to BBQ.” I say hurriedly. “If you want, I am even willing to splurge on treating you, so ordering beef is fine too!” 

“Wow. Beef!” Baekhyun finally moves his head away from my face, and all I could yell in my head was: Hallelujah! 

But then I realise that…why was I the one who had to compromise something when I was about to be taken advantage of? And…I had to suffer this whole ordeal because I decided to help Baekhyun with this stupid plan, so instead he should have been the one who has to listen to my demands. This isn’t really fair to me, I am obviously at the losing end.

“Woojinnie, your boyfriend has to leave now because he has that stupid meeting with his group mates.” He sighs as he stands up from his seat. He pats on my head and gives me a sad puppy look, and waves at me before finally leaving the place.

I wonder when will my best friend finally grow up. Why is he still acting like a little kid?

 

 

 

 

Working with Sehun has become really fun and entertaining, and one of the major reason would be that Sehun has really opened up to me and he is a really funny yet kind of irritating guy. Very similar to Byun Baekhyun, but I felt that my best friend is a little bit more childish than Sehun.

And today, I manage to witness something that is madly entertaining. 

There was this awfully pretty girl who walked inside the cafe, and at the first glance, I could tell that she was a snobbish girl. There was just this air around her. She came up to the counter, never really sparing me a look, and ordered what she wanted.

And her eyes must have landed on Sehun, because she was beaming. Her smile only grew wider and wider when Sehun turned back and looked at her.

I glanced back and forth between Sehun and the girl, biting my own lips when I realised what was going to happen. I had witnessed this kind of scene with Baekhyun and girls, so nothing of this was new to me.

The girl tucked in her hair behind her ears shyly, and smiled like an angel at Sehun. “I am Miyeon.” She introduced herself.

Sehun was taken aback by the self-introduction that no one really asked her for it. He just nodded his head, and went back to frosting a cake.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter