09. Fool

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here's the continuation of Chapter 5.

 

 

 

Chapter 9

Fool

 

 

"You're really not in a relationship?" he asked me. I don't know how much time have passed since we started talking about our lives and for the first time in a while, I let myself out.

 

Jungkook came out, joining me in the cold night. I'm glad to talk to him comfortably, unlike when we were inside with the others. We're both having fun sharing stories until he asked.

 

He was smiling, but his eyes were narrowed, as if he knows something about me.

 

"I'm not," I replied, shaking my head. I found it weird that he asked me that again when I already confirmed it earlier.

 

"That's weird..." he sounded like he's investigating something. His eyebrows shot up as he looked straight to me. He has this slightly smug look on him and I'm confused.

 

"You seem so heartbroken," he said quietly. I stiffened at his words. Am I that obvious?

 

His gaze soften and he looked cautious suddenly. As if I'm a fragile glass, he slowly takes a step closer. He brought his hand up to hold my arm but before he could, he stopped himself and just shove both of his hands in his pockets.

 

I heaved, wanting to say something but my tongue got tied. All I could do now is to stare back at him. I bet he still has something to say but chose to keep silent about it.

 

I was the first to look away, couldn't accept the truth that he was right. Does it really show?

 

"It was her, right?" after a long silence, he spoke. Again, I was taken aback. For a moment, I was lost for words and nervous at the same time. My eyes wandered everywhere, avoiding him.

 

He sighed beside me and another deafening silence between us. He's so close to me that I can't move, afraid that he might catch something through my actions that could possibly prove his assumptions. But, how did he even know that?

 

"What are you talking about?" I scoffed, denying whatever he knows.

 

"Honestly, I found it weird back then," he said. I turned to him and saw that he was looking away, in deep thought. He didn't glance at me even when I know he knows that I'm staring at him.

 

I waited until he spoke again. And this time, I was more shocked.

 

"Everytime I see you guys, there's something different with how you stared at each other," he blinked.

 

"What do you mean?" I questioned, not sure about what he meant.

 

"The way you looked at her and the way she did, I know that kind of glint you have in your eyes," he looked at me. "That's exactly how I look at you, so I knew that she's not just a friend, but a lover," he explained.

 

To be honest, I don't know how to react to it. He looked so serious as he studied my expression. There's a hint of worry and pain evident in his eyes and I don't know if it was the reason that I'm tearing up or the reality I'm into.

 

"You don't have to hide anymore," he said and my tears started falling. "Just let it out," he wiped my tears away. Tho I felt his hands shaking, his touch was gentle. 

 

"Are you cold? You're shaking," I trying to ease the growing awkwardness between us.

 

"I'm trying to comfort you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter