14. Dinner

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present.

 

--------

 

“If I had the courage to stand before you, would everything be different now?”
- The Truth Untold by BTS

 

--------

 

 

Chapter 14

Dinner

 

Some places hold so much memories that I don't want to visit anymore. I don't want to remember. But why is fate doing this to me? What's the point of taking me back to where the pain is?

 

My feet felt heavy as I stepped inside her home, the first since I came back. My breathing hitched as the same fragrance of their air freshener welcomed me. Nothing changed, I thought, scanning through the walls where paintings and photos were hanged.

 

Later on, I heard the familiar gentle and caring voice of her mother. Chaeyoung and Jisoo were with me in the living room also busy looking around. I swallowed hard before turning to where the voice is coming from. She came out from the dining with Jennie.

 

"How are my daughters?! Good to see you again!" she beamed excitedly and went to hug Jisoo who was the nearest one to her. At a blink of an eye, Chaeyoung was already with them. They hugged and the middle aged woman cupped her face in happiness. I smiled at the sight.

 

I just watched them silently on one corner, unable to move to approach them. Until she turned to my direction and beamed at me. She spread her arms, calling me for a hug. A tear fell as I slowly walk to her and let myself be embraced by her whom I considered as my second mother.

 

"I'm so glad you're back. I missed you," she whispered to me which made weep more.

 

"I missed you too," I said in between my sobs.

 

We stayed like that for a whole minute until we both pulled away. I wiped my tears and chuckled at my own pathetic self. Chaeyoung rubbed my back, trying to comfort me. I smiled at her and she whispered me something but I didn't hear it clearly.

 

Her mother invited us for dinner after she told her that I'm already in Seoul. I thought Jisoo was bluffing when she told me that we'll have dinner at Jennie's place, saying that she received a text from her, with an excuse that her mother wanted to see us.

 

Now, we're here, having dinner. It was awkward at first because no one was talking but auntie started asking questions and we answered willingly.

 

"What about you dear? I heard from Jennie that you own a restaurant now, how is it?" Auntie asked but I barely heard anything after her name. My mind's occupied with questions like 'she tells stories about me?'

 

"Uh.. I'm fine. It's fine. My father let me handle our branch here in Seoul, since I wanted to do something during my stay here," I answered honestly.

 

"During your stay? Aren't you back for good?" she questioned. I guess she had some expectations.

 

"No, auntie. I'm just having a... vacation here."

 

"But why do business during

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter