08. Under

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“If it's real, and if it's true,
And if our love is wrong,
Then I don't ever wanna be right.”
- If Our Love Is Wrong
by Calum Scott

 

--------

 

Chapter 8

Under

 

 

"What are you doing here?" I asked after opening the door. It's already eight in the evening and it's also raining hard yet Jennie's here with only herself and an umbrella.

 

"Are you not gonna let me in?" she asked shaking. I opened the door widely for her when I realized I'm just watching her stand outside. She went in and removed her yellow hoodie. I watched her as she finger combed her hair which seems wet. In fact, she's wet all over.

 

"You should change. I'll get some clothes. Wait here," I said and pointed at the couch.

 

I'm overwhelmed to see her tonight and also a bit angry at the same time. How could she go out at this hour and in the rain? Is she out of her mind? If she had something to tell me, she should've just phoned me. She doesn't have to come here.

 

When I came out of my room, she's still standing where I left her, in a wet shirt and pajama. If I'm in a bad mood, I'm pretty sure this girl would get a scolding of her life she won't ever forget.

 

She looked up at me when I came close, bringing her dry clothes. But what I saw was unexpected. Tho there were trickles of rain on her face, I could still see her tears streaming down. My shoulders dropped when I saw her crying.

 

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" I panicked. I scanned her for any injury or scratch but I saw nothing. Her clothes are still intact and she doesn't seem physically hurt... I stopped at that thought and stared back in to her eyes.

 

I searched her gaze for answers tho I'm not sure if I'll find anything at all. She wiped her tears and sniffed. I don't know what to do. I'm still holding the dry clothes I brought for her so I made that an excuse to say a word.

 

"Here. Go change first, then we'll talk," I thought she'll take it but she stepped closer, tiptoed and kissed me instead. I had my eyes open until she pulled away. It was a less than twenty seconds kiss but it made my insides go wild.

 

But, why is she acting like this? I observed her closely as she got on her feet again. Her eyes are swollen now and seriously the wetness of her hair isn't helping me to calm.

 

"Do we have a problem? Why did you kiss me? What did you do?" I asked and it confused me more when she hugged me.

 

"I should be asking that. Do we have a problem? Did I do something wrong?" she hugged me tighter. Her voice is still shaking and it must be the cold.

 

"What?" I murmured. "Sorry but you're wet," I sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter