02. Jealous

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

02. Jealous

 

"Is something wrong, Lisa?" Jungkook asked. He's a classmate and a friend. He must've noticed my mood today. He's my seatmate and he's not really dumb not to know anything. But, I hoped he shouldn't have bring it up.

 

Exams started yesterday and up until now, Jennie is still not going out with us. And because of her, I can hardly sleep at night thinking what could be her problem. Why can't she talk it out with us? I think I could take whatever she has to say. I just don't like this set up.

 

Yesterday, I saw her again with the same man she was out the first time. They were on their way to the cafeteria while I was on my way back to the classroom. Our eyes met but she quickly withdrew her gaze and started talking to the guy. I saw how her eyes twinkle and how that guy is even happier. I sighed everything that's building up inside me and ignored them.

 

I thought what I did was the right choice at that time but she acted worse after that. Everytime we saw her, she would rather turn away, ignore or roll her eyes. Seriously, I don't know her anymore. What could we posibbly done for her to be mad at us?

 

"Nothing," I replied and forced a smile. He smiled back but he seems to be bothered by it still, so I assured him I'm fine.

 

"I'm just not used to seeing you so gloomy. Anything I could do to cheer you up?" I can feel his sincerity but nothing could make me feel better than Jennie, Jungkook. Right now, she's the one I need.

 

Though I'm not sure if she would let me in, I tried visiting her home. Her mom was the one who opened the door for me.

 

"Well I was wondering earlier, but now you're here," she said gently and let me in. She laughed when she saw my confused look and just gestured me upstairs.

 

"Jisoo and Chaeng's here early. Go, I think they've been waiting for you," she said which made me even more confused. They're all here. Jennie invited them over, and left me out. What's worse is they didn't even tell me about it. Wow. So this is what it's like to be casted out, huh? Damn, it hurts.

 

"Ah, I forgot I still had to do something, mom," I lied. I know it's bad but it would be too awkward if I suddenly barge in to her room when I'm not even invited. And it would be a shame if I tell mom about it. "I need to go."

 

"Too soon? Well, you should at least show yourself to your friends," she said but I shook my head and tried to convince her that I left an important errand. She let me go but she insisted that I should come back after. But I have no intention of going back. At least not tonight.

 

I couldn't sleep last night and I won't be surprise if that affected my exam results.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter