01. Problem

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01. Problem

 

The night has been good so far. Or so I thought? It could appear that it was all okay but deep inside, I'm starting to feel something I shouldn't. I feel bitter about everything that night that I had to excuse myself and bid them goodbye. The fact the everyone was busy with the couple, my disappearance came unnoticed.

 

I didn't had the courage to say my goodbyes personally, so I had called Jisoo as soon as I entered my car. It may be rude but this is the only way I could think of to get away from that place. I know she would insist that I should stay until the party is over, besides, Jennie is a close friend of mine — something she would often bring up no matter the situation.

 

"Sorry. I don't feel so good that's why I decided to leave. You can have fun without me, unnie," I told her when she began scolding me through the phone. A smile escaped my lips when I heard her angry voice and how I remember I used to laughed at her whenever she turns red after.

 

"Okay, fine. You have it tonight. But, you owe me one, Lalisa. I haven't seen you in how many years so don't expect I'll let you slide that easily," she said and I chuckled, assuring her that I'll see her again. 

 

I went home thinking that I could get my mind out of it but I didn't. My heart hurt as the thought of her being happy with a man circulate my mind. I miss her so much that I was excited to see her again even though it was at her engagement party. But, seems like she didn't want to see me. As usual, it's just me who wanted us. It's always just me and my illusions.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

"Where are you going?" I asked when I saw her quickly taking her things. She was suddenly in a hurry that the three of us were surprised with her action. She stopped when she's done putting all her things in her bag, she looked at us looking like an excited cat.

 

"Sorry guys, I need to go. Someone's waiting for me," she said with a wide smile. She seems so happy that we couldn't even say anything to stop her and we let her go. From afar, we saw her being escorted by a boy. I can barely see his face but I know he's a schoolmate.

 

"Do you know who that guy is?" Jisoo asked when they were already out of our sight. I shrugged my shoulders and continued to read my lessons. I tried focusing and comprehending the texts written but I can't seem to put my mind unto it. I looked up to my two friends and saw them on their books too. But unlike me, they seem to have gain their focus.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter