11. Wall

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You know I want you,
It's not a secret I try to hide.
But I can't have you,
We're bound to break and my hands are tied.”
- Rewrite the Stars, James Arthur & Anne Marie

 

--------

 

Chapter 11

Wall

 

The night ended with Jungkook and I apologising. It wasn't supposed to happen, we both made a mistake — him trying to win my heart while I'm trying to get rid of my pain. Fortunately, we both understood our situation and chose to move on and just continue as friends.

 

"I'll sleep at yours tonight," Jisoo pats my shoulder as we stand outside and watch the others go.

 

"Don't you have a house? Why do you want to sleep at my place?" I asked her, a bit surprised by her decision. But she just stared at me sharply as if nothing could change her mind.

 

I sighed defeatedly and was about to go where my car was when Chaeyoung and Jennie came to us, Jimin and Jongin following them. When our gaze met, I simply looked away. 

 

"I'll get my car," I told Jisoo and went off to where I parked it. I laid my head back and placed my hands to cover my face, shutting my eyes tightly as I recalled what happened earlier.

 

 

"Jen? Are you there?" he kept knocking on the door. But it appears that she's not hearing it so even if it's hard for me, I pushed her away so we'd break apart. 

 

I didn't let go of her shoulders even after I glanced at the door behind me. When I looked back at her, she was weeping. Worried that the person outside might hear her, I locked the door and brought her to one of the cubicles. Good thing, we're the only ones here.

 

"Jennie, calm down," I whispered. I bit my lip as I watched her, fighting back my own tears.

 

"Jennie, please," I pleaded when she's still not stopping. I don't know what to do. All I can do is to hold her, I want to embrace her but that's... not right. I can, but I shouldn't.

 

We've already done something we shouldn't have. I've done so many mistakes tonight that I don't think I can repent for it all.

 

"Lisa," a tear fell from my eye when I heard her say my name. I felt the same euphoric feeling when she calls me back then, now stained by pain. She tried to come close but I stopped her.

 

"Lisa, please," she pleaded, hands together as she cried out my name, trying to hug me. Nonstop tears started streaming down as I hold her shoulders back to stop her from what she wants to do. She was weak and I used that to take over her.

 

"Jennie, fix yourself. I need to go," I wiped my tears and went out of the cubicle. She hugged me from behind, stopping me from my steps. I grabbed her hands that was on my stomach, escaping from her embrace.

 

When she heard the panicked voice of her fiancé outside, she immediately wiped her tears too. I washed my face while she just watched me from the corner.

 

I avoided her eyes when I headed to the door. I glanced at her from the mirror, and saw her looking down on the floor, still I could hear her sniffling.

 

I don't know what happened next. Or what they did after that. I don't want to know either.

 

 

I came back and saw only the three of them standing by. I went out to see where the boys were but they are nowhere to be found.

 

"I'll drive," Jisoo said snatching the keys from me.

 

"Alright," I scoffed and was about to run to the front seat when Chaeng and Jennie also moved to walk. I sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter