16. Try

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Present.

 

--------

 

“Subukan mang pilitin, wag ka munang mawala.”
- Meron Nang Iba by Silent Sanctuary feat. Ashley Gosiengfiao

Trans: “[I'll] try to make you stay.”

(It's not the literal translation, but it's the same message it wants to convey.)

--------

 

Chapter 16

Try

Third Person's POV

 

A knock on the door made Lisa flinch on her seat. She was busy with nothing in her office, just constantly staring at the papers on her table, wearing her chef's outfit.

"Come in," she said and held one of the papers on her table, acting like she was reading something on it.

"There you are," Jisoo's voice filled her ears. She shifted on her seat but still looking at the paper.

"What are you doing here?" she asked without looking at her visitor.

Jisoo walked towards Lisa's table and sat on one of the chairs in front. She crosses her arms on her chest as she watched the younger and waited for her to look up.

"Are you free this weekend?" Jisoo asked.

Lisa finally looked up to her but when she saw that sly smile plastered on Jisoo's face, she quickly averted her gaze on the paper she's holding.

"I'm busy," it was an excuse and Jisoo knew. The latter's eyes fell on the piece of paper Lisa was reading.

"Alright. But I don't think you'll get anything done by staring at a blank paper," Jisoo scoffed.

Lisa blinked. She didn't notice she was holding a blank paper. She threw the paper back on the table and sighed. "What do you want?" she asked defeated.

Jisoo smirked and Lisa knew she asked the wrong question.

~❇~

Lisa paced back and forth, occasionally looking at her watch. It's already past seven and they're supposed to meet up thirty minutes ago. She bit her lip, getting mad at what's happening.

Getting impatient about her friend's tardiness, she decided to call her. Two rings and she answered.

"Yah!" Lisa yelled. "Where are you?! I've been waiting for—"

"Lisa-yah, I'm sorry. Something came up and I forgot to tell you," Jisoo said apologetically on the other line.

"What?!" Lisa burst. "Yah unnie! I know you! What are you planning, huh?"

She heard the woman laughed on the other line. She was right. Jisoo was planning something.

"Oh come on, Liz. Just enjoy the night. Don't worry, I sent someone. Go watch a movie or something. Okay?" Jisoo said like it's nothing.

"You set me on a date?!" Lisa's eyes widened when she realized what her unnie did.

"You could say that. I'll hang up now. Enjoy your date. Bye~" Jisoo said cutely and Lisa fought every urge to throw her phone.

Her unnie set

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter