15. Why

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


“'Cause you gave me something to lose.”
- Love Someone
by Lukas Graham

 

--------

 

 

Chapter 15

Why

Third Person's POV

 

 

Lisa beamed upon seeing her girlfriend coming out from their gates. Jennie ran cutely, flashing her gummy smile towards the Thai, engulfing her with a hug. 

 

"I miss you," the brunette murmured as she buried her face on Lisa's neck.

 

Lisa chuckled and hugged her girlfriend tighter. "I miss you too," she whispered and kissed her ear.

 

It was the summer before their last year in high school when Lisa left for a vacation in her home country. It wasn't actually on her plans but her father called her up and she knew she had to go.

 

She was only gone for almost just month, well, three weeks to be exact. But it seemed longer than they thought. It wasn't easy at first. It was not easy at all.

 

"How long will you be gone again?" Jennie asked for the nth time that day when Lisa told her that she'll be spending some time in Thailand with her family. The latter smiled and shook her head in amusement.

 

"You've been asking me that since you came here. But the answer is still the same, a month, baby. I'll be gone for one month," she told her again, now back hugging her while they stood by the edge of the bed.

 

Actually, Lisa first told her through text. But Jennie couldn't let that day slip without personally talking it out with her woman.

 

"Why?" Jennie asked again, now getting a little frustrated. She's here worrying about how will her life be without Lisa but the latter seemed to be cool with it.

 

"Just some family matters," Lisa replied, planting soft kisses against the brunette's neck. Although Jennie loves what the other was doing, she couldn't take her mind off of their conversation.

 

"Will it really be for a month?" she asked again, hoping that her other half would make some changes on the time. Lisa giggled on her ear.

 

"Fine," she sighed. "I'll try to come back earlier than that. Happy now? Hmm?" She kissed her cheek which made the latter smile.

 

The day Lisa left, Jennie waited all night until she saw Lisa online. She really wanted to see the latter. She missed her already after just few hours of not seeing her.

 

They call each other when they both have free time, especially Lisa. The latter was really busy during her stay in Thailand and Jennie can't do anything but to wait.

 

When Lisa informed her girlfriend about her return, Jennie was overjoyed, she couldn't help but count the days and even the hours. Too bad, she didn't had time to pick her up from the airport.

 

"What were you so busy about back there?" Jennie asked, now sitting across Lisa on the dining table, having a late lunch.

 

Lisa bit her tongue accidentally  that made her yelp in pain. She shook her head. "Family," she replied, with no further explanations, like she was trying to evade the topic to which Jennie didn't fail to notice.

 

The brunette cleared making the blond look up to her. "You weren't busy with other women, were you?" Jennie monotonously asked. Lisa smirked, an idea in mind.

 

"I wasn't," Lisa said, pursing her lips together, trying to suppress herself from giggling. "But women were busy with me tho," she shrugged.

 

Jennie immediately glared at her, bringing the fork up pointing at the Thai girl. The latter was stunned with the instant violent reaction.

 

"Okay, it was a joke. Put that down," Lisa ordered with wide eyes, almost panicking. But Jennie looked at her as if she didn't hear anything. The blond gulped when she stared at those burning cat-like eyes.

 

"Jennie baby, calm down. I'm all yours," she said but that didn't make the brunette back down.

 

Lisa was about to say more b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter