20. Hold

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[ Chapter Theme : Huling Sandali by December Avenue ]

 

 

-------

 

 

Chapter 20

Hold

Third Person's POV

 

 

 

It was since that encounter that they started to cross paths with each other almost everyday, until their groups finally got to hang out together as one during the school festival.

 

 

And it was since then that Lisa started to feel comfortable with her in all ways even when the latter refuses to be friendly at all.

 

 

She stared at her while they all watch the other students dancing in the middle of school grounds for what they call "random play dance" contest. It was nowhere near a contest actually since like all the students were just dancing for fun.

 

 

Standing beside each other, Lisa saw how Jennie was tapping her feet to the rhythm and knew the latter was holding herself back. An idea popped on her mind.

 

 

She whispered something to Chaeyoung who was standing on her other side. The latter nodded and started to talk with the others and the next thing they knew they were joining the dancing crowd. Jennie widen her eyes in surprise seeing her friends with the crowd.

 

 

"Come on," Lisa said before pulling Jennie by the wrist to join the others. Jennie yelped in surprise and tried to stop Lisa but it's too late. The latter already dragged her on the dance floor.

 

 

"What do you think are you doing!?" Jennie yelled at Lisa but the latter just smiled and leaned in to whisper to her ear. "Just dance. You know you want to," she said and began dancing to the music just like the others.

 

 

Jennie stood surprise and as if time had slowed down, everything and everyone else were moving slowly before her and her gaze were locked on one person. It was also then when it started.

 

 

Slowly, but surely, she knew she was falling for something that is uncertain. While she knew what's going on, the other seems to be unwary of it. It took a while, a long time rather, before it became clear for the two of them.

 

 

The silence inside the cathedral was comforting. Lisa looked at the woman beside her and smiled. She stood up holding her hand open for the latter.

 

 

While she is all smiles, Jennie seems to be confused. "You owe me a dance, for all those years."

 

 

"Right now? Here?" Jennie asked and Lisa chuckled at the former's bemusement.

 

 

"Yeah. Why? Can't you hear the music? It's telling us to dance." Lisa said closing her eyes to the imaginary music.

 

 

Je

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter