Chapter 8

REMEMBER WHEN...

“Nice! Okay….beautiful! Fiercer CL… nice… very good!”

 

 


I heard nonstop clicking of camera infront of me while I’m following my photograper’s instructions. I was in a photoshoot for my friend Alexander Wang. He wants me to be her muse for her new collections and I’m more than gladly to accept it.

 

 

“Okay, 15 minutes break then will going to have our finally dress!” my photograper said with everyone.

 

 

 

“Wanna have something to eat hun?” Alex asked me. He’s a good friend of mine who never failed to support me with anything.

 

 


“I’m fine. Thank you for having me Alex” I smiled at him.

 

 

“I should be the one who say thank you to you. Thank you for accepting this project” He smiled sincerely at me.

 

 


“It’s always be my pleasure Lex” I said.

 

 

My glam team took me on the dressing room to change. It will be the last piece then it’s all done. It’s almost midnight and I admit that I am really tired now. I’ve been working since this early morning and my body is still adjusting from working again.

 


We took more shots before the photograper called it a night. I’m now washing my face to erased some make up and accessories they put in my face. When I went out from the comfort room I found Alex waiting for me.

 

 

“Let’s get late dinner Chae” He said. I went to the mirror and add some powder to my bare face. Just enough to cover my eyebags that I got this past few weeks.

 

 

 

“Yeah sure, just lemme put my make up and we can go” I smiled at him.

 

 


“How’s Dara?” He asked all of a sudden.

 

 

I put down my eyeliner, how is Dara?I honestly don’t know. It’s been two weeks since the last time we saw each other. After the night on her house I never had a chance to talk to her again. I’ve got busy recording for my new album and whenever I got a time to visit her she’s not in their house or she’s on her work. We also never saw  each other in YG building because most of a time she was in the taping of different shows or doing her Dara TV vlogs.

 

 

“We never had a chance to see each other in the past few weeks. She’s really busy right now” 

 

 

I Alex looking at me from the my make up mirror. If there is a person who knows what I’ve been through in US, it’s Alex and Jeremy. My two gay bestfriend.

 

 

“You know what I mean Chae” He puts up her eyebrow.

 

 

“Well…” I sighed. “I guess I’m going to have hard time winning her back. She’s been through a lot because of me so yes… goodkuck to me” I chuckled. When I said that I want her back, I really meant that and I’m willing to do anything and everything just for her to be mine again.

 

 


“Goodluck with you, just call me when you need someone to cry when Dara finally found someone better than you” He said.

 

 

He and Jeremy keeps telling me that even when Dara and I are still together. They say that if Dara hit her head and woke up, find someone who can appriciate her more will be the death of me. I’m always hitting their heads that time coz I can’t imagine my life without Dara or Dara having someone else. That thought scared me even more right now with our current situation.

 


“Do you think Dara’s going to have someone better than me sooner?” I sadly asked him. I’m really worried.

 

 

I looked at Alex, he went near me and hold my hand.

 


“Hey… I’m just kidding Chaelin. I know and I’m confident enough that sooner or later, you and Dara will be back in each others arm” She seriously say. “I’m sure the baddest female will put a nice fight for her girl right?”

 

 


The least that I should do right now is to never loss my hope. I smiled at Alex and nodded.

 


We ate in some private restaurant and talked about lifes and plans for the future. Alex also gave me some advice on how to have Dara back. For a moment I forgot my stress and tireness. I can feel that Alex is trying to motivate me and encouraging me for my plans. He was happy too for my comeback plan in music industry and said that I should produce more dope songs. He’s fan of music and I remember that he always invites me to perform for his collection showcase.

 

 

We just eat for more than an hour since it’s really pretty late. Alex needs to go back to US early morning. We bid our goodbyes as we parted our ways in the parking lot.

 

 

I and my team have different cars, I really want to drive alone now, I don’t know, I just feel free whenever I am driving… this is the exact feeling Dara keeps on telling us how she feels while driving. She says there is a freedom whenever she was driving cars.

 


I was fishing my keys on my hand bag when my phone rings… it was Bom unnie.

 

 

“Chae?” I heard worry in her voice.

 

 

I looked at my watch, it says 2:40 am. Why is Bommie still awake?

 

 

“Why? Whats wrong?” I asked.

 


“Where are you?” She asked back.

 

 

“Somewhere in inchon why?”

 

 

“Crap… you’re far” She hissed.

 

 

“Wae unnie?”  I ask in concern.

 

 

“Dara is in trouble” Bom said.

 


I suddenly feel nervious, I go inside my car without removing the phone one my ear.

 


“What happened? Where is Dara? Why is she in trouble unnie?” I asked continuesly. 

 

 

“I don’t know if you can make it before the bar closed.” She said, I can still feel how worried she is.

 


“Bar? Why is she on the bar and where is that ing bar?” I’m beginning to panicked. It’s midnight and it’s not safe for a lady like her. “Wait up unnie, I gonna put you on the loud speaker”

 

 

I put my phone on loud speaker and put it on my dash board.

 


“She’s in gangnam. The bar manager called me using Dara’s phone. He says Dara is so drunk and can’t handle herself alone. He said that the bar will close at 4”

 

 


I look at my wrist watch again. It’s already 3 o’clock in the morning now.

 

 

“I can’t picked her up Chae. Scotty wont allow me to go in any bars. You know, I’m building up my name again but if you’re really far from gangnam, I guess I’ll just go undercover” I heard her sighed. I know how much Bom unnie treasures Dara, they are best of friends and she can gave up anhthing just to keep her bestfriend safe.

 

 

“No need unnie, I’ll take care of it. You should sleep now and don’t worry too much.” I said as I put my keys and starts my car.

 

 

“Thank you Chaerin. I’ll send you the address”

 

 

“Everything for Dara” I said as I drive off.

 


I was driving a little faster, I’m so worried about Dara. What if she got harasted there? What if someone took avantage of her state? What if paparazzi found out about this thing? What will happen to her career that she work so hard to be in her place right now? But what I worried the most is that what if she got kinapped knowing that she’s one of the richest idol now. What if they killed her? Gosh… I’m so ing worried.

 


I didn’t know how I made it or how the hell I got here in the spand of 20 mins. I guess my worry is the one to blame. I look at the entrance of the bar… I’ve never been here, I used to be a party girl but I’ve never been here or never been heard the name of this bar. I see that it’s really a exclusive bar because the moment I enter the entrance, bunch of black uniformed men asked me some questions and even want to see my ID. I show them my license and once they saw that I am CL, they immediately let me in. As I go inside, my eyes are rooming to every part of this bar hoping to see Dara. The bar looks pretty expensive tho. I remember that Bom told me that the person who called her is the manager here so I quickly asked the waiter to help me find the manager. We went on the far end which there are  only few people.

 

 


“Sir, someone is looking for you” The waiter said to the guy who I thing is in his early 30s. He looked at me and his eyes went wide.

 

 

“Miss CL?” He recognized me.

 

 


“Uhmmm yeah… may I know what happened to Dara?” I politely asked. I don’t care about anything… I really want to see Dara now.

 


“Ah yeah… Miss Dara… she’s always been like that. It’s almost a year now since she starts partying her and ended up being drunk in the end. Sometimes she’s with her friends but most of the time she was alone.” The manager told me.

 

I sighed, It’s because of my stupidity again. Darn.

 

“Where is she?” I asked.

 


“she was there on the 2nd door to the left” He said.

 

 

I say thank you to him and went to the said room. Once I entered the door, I saw her holding a bottle of… whisky?! Her head was on the table, she’s clearly can’t even open her eyes but I can feel that she’s awake.

 

 


“Dara?” I softly called her.

 

 

I saw how she tried to open her eyes a little bit. She smiled sweetly to me and I melted.

 

 

“Yah Chae! Why do I still see you even when I’m drunk?!” She said but drunkness is evedent in the way she speaks.

 

 

“Coz I’m really here” I said and snatched away the bottle she was holding. “Come here, let’s go home”

 

 

I hold her but unfortunately she was lossing her conciousness now. 

 


“Dara… baby… let’s go home now” I tried to wake her up.

 


Again, she opened her eyes and her gaze met mine.

 

 

“Baby?” She said smiling “Are you really my baby Chae?” She asked.

 

 

I smiled widely, it’s been a while since the last time she called me her baby.

 


“Yes babe, it’s me” I said lovingly. I know that she was drunk but I still can’t help myself to smile.

 

I tried to help her stand but dang… she’s heavier than I thought plus the fact that she can’t contain her body balance. I ended up calling for someone to help me bring Dara to my car. As soon as I entered the car, I put the setbelt on Dara. She’s awake but it seems like she was still not on her mind.

 

 


“Chaerin-ah” She called me “Kishhh meeee babygirl” She said while pouting “Don’t chu mishhh me?”

 


If you’re not drunk and then you said that, maybe you are now below me on my bed because kiss won’t be enough to discribe how much I miss you.

 

 

“Baby… babe… baby…. Chae… my baby” she really is drunk. I can’t help but to chuckle.

 


“Sleep babe, you need that” I said and kissed her forehead. 

 

 

“I don’t want to” She said and pout.

 


“Wae?” I asked her, damn she’s cute when she’s drunk.

 

 

“I’m afraid that you’ll be gone again if I sleep” She suddenly became serious.

 

 

Something pinched my heart after she said that. She was drunk but still remember the day I left her. 

 


I get her hand and put it on my lips, I kiss it. 

 

“I will never gonna leave you again Dara. I promise.” I sincerely said that even if I know that she wont remember anything tomorrow.

 

 

She never answer back, I guess she was already sleeping. I was thinking where I should bring Dara. I can’t bring her to her house because her mom would be worried and that’s the last thing I want, I can’t also bring her home because I know my omma will forced her to stay longer tomorrow and I don’t want to pressure Dara.

 

 

There is one place in my mind but I’m not sure if it’s still belongs with us. I’ve never got a chance to asked Dara about our shared unit that we used to live together when we’re still together. I don’t know if what happened to that, maybe she alraeary sold it since she was living with her family now. I was contemplating if I should bring her there or not but I had no choice, that’s the only place I can protect her from whatever issue that can use against her. It’s already late and I don’t know if there is a safe place to stay specially in the eyes of media.

 

 

I drove there and once I park my car I tapped Dara’s shoulder, she’s not moving even in an inch. I decided to left her there for a moment to asked the staff if our unit still belongs to us.

 


“Miss CL?” I heard a voice from my back.

 

 

“Robbert?!” My eyes got widen. He’s one of the staff here in the building and the closest to us among all the employee.

 


“It’s really you Ms. CL!” He happily said..”It’s been a while miss… it’s nice to see you again”

 

 

“Me too… I didn’t expect you to be here, I thought you already resigned?” The last time I talk to him was the day he gave his resignation letter to his boss.

 

 

“They didn’t let me they offered me another job instead of what I have. I got promoted and now I’m the head of our department” He happily told to me. I’m hapoy for him, he deserved that.

 

 


“Congrats Rob, I knew it from the start that you’ll gonna succeed with this feld” I sincerly said.

 

 

“Thanks Ms. CL” He said and gave a warm smile. 

 

 

“By the way Rob, is our unit available right now?” I asked. 

 

 

“Huh?” he looks confused.

 

 

“uhm… you see I’ve been far away for more than a year now, I really don’t have any idea if Dara already sold the unit?” I told him.

 

 


“I always seeing miss Dara here, I think it’s not yet sold to others. Miss Bom and Miss Minzy sometimes are with her here” 

 

 

I smiled, we still have our home. 

 

 


“Ah Rob? Can I asked you a favor?” I was hesitant.

 

 

“Anything for you Miss. What is it?”

 

 


“Can you help me to bring Dara inside?” I’m scratching my eyebrow.

 

 

“Lemme guess? She was drunk again?” He sighed.

 

 

“Again?” I asked.

 

 


“Yes. Either Ms. Bom or Ms. Minzy will brought her here from the bar. Sometimes it’s Ms. Hwangbo and Ms. Jea.” 

 

 


“How often is that Rob?” 

 

 

“Last year I usually I saw her for I think 3 times a week or more but this past few months it gets lesser. This is the first time for this month” 

 


We both walk to the parking lot, I keep on thinking that I really did ruined Sandara and what she have gone is no joke. I feel guilty and sad at the same time. If only I’m not that selfish… if only I did not let fame takes over me that time…

 

 

I tapped Sandara’s shoulder again hopping that she would wake up.

 

 

“Dara? Wake up… we need to bring you inside” I said with a sweet voice.

 

 

She just opened her eyes but close it again then went back to her sleep. I chuckled… this lady….

 

 

“I think we should carry her upstair” Rob suggested 

 

 


I look at him from head to toe as if I’m examinating him if he will not do anything stupid to Sandara.

 

 


“Yah Ms. CL! I’m married now. Stop looking at me like that!” he protested.

 

 

I laugh on myself. Damn Chae… your so protective.

 


“And I don’t want you to kill me, I know Ms. Dara is yours” He said and we laughed.

 

 

He carried Dara on his back while I’m assisting them and holding Dara’s things. I fished out our room card from her bag. Mine was in the house. As soon as we lay Dara in bed, I thank Rob for helping me. He just smile and tapped my shoulder and go out. I’m gaving him tip but he refused to accept it.

 


I looked around to our bedroom, it’s still the same from the last time I saw it. My things are still there in right places, My working table is on the far end of the room since I really live making music and such. Our pictures are still on the walls and still displayed on the bedside table. I suddenly feel nostalgic. I looked at Dara who’s peacefully sleeping…  she looks like an innocent kid even she’s 7 years older than me.

 

 


I was about to go outside to make sure if the front door was locked when I heard Dara’s groan.

 


“Oh !” I exclaimed. Dara was about to vommit.

 


“Hey….hey… hold it” I said as I tried to pull her.

 

 

She was half concious, alcohol is still on her system. I help her to go to the bathroom and there, she puked. I was creassing her back softly while holding her hair so it will not get stained. I openned the faucet when she finished vommiting. She cleaned and smiled at me like a kid. Aish… she’s really drunk my gosh.

 

 

 

“Can you manage to change your clothes?” I asked her.

 

 

“Are you Chaerin?” She asked, she adjust her eyes to see me clearly and then she smiled widely “My baby is here” 

 


“You look cute but you really need to change your clothes because it’s wet” I said as if I’m talking to a child.

 

 

“Change me babe… I’m dishhhhiiiii” She said cutely.

 

 

My eyes got widen. I mean, heck… she was too cute but what she asked me to do is really torture.

 

 


“Dara… come on. Change now. Stay here, I’ll just going to get your pajama” 

 


I put her on the toilet sit, fortunatly she behave well. I wanted to cry with happy tears when I saw my things are neatly placed on our shared cabinet. From my tshirts to my underwears. She never really removed me in her life.

 


“Dara?” I called her out after I got in on the bathroom. 

 


Her hear was leaning on the wall. She’s really dizzy, I can’t help but to be worried.

 

 

“You really can’t manage to change?” I asked in concern.

 

 

Dara nodded while pouting. She looks like she was about to cry “I’m sorry baby. Please don’t get mad at me”

 

 

I smiled, I miss her. I miss my sweet Dara.

 


I hushed her down “It’s okay. I’m not mad” 

 


“Chae?” She called me even if I was just standing inches away from her.

 

 

“Hmm?” 

 

I was removing her shirt. This is so ing hard. Not because of removing her shirt but the urge to take away any lust or whatever is growing inside me.

 


“Let’s make love” 

 

My hands automatically stopped, my jaw dropped. Unable to process what Sandara just said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

OMO! Dara-ya! What are you doing? Hahaha. Hi guys... How are you? I hope.your doing great. Enjoy the drubk Dara in this Chapter! Adios!