Chapter 1

REMEMBER WHEN...

"Why took you so long to return?"

 

I remember my boss asked me that the night when I called him and tell him that I want to comeback. 

 

"I wanna start over gain sajangnim" I simply said.

 


It's been a chaos this past few months, so many things had changed. I lost my interest in the music industry and just wanted to focus in my private life. The life I have in US is the life I always dream of. Peaceful, no one knows who I am, no medias, no pretention, no gimmicks. I thought that living there and forgetting what I left is the best option to make me happy, well it was... at first. I'm going to parties with my friends, I go watch concerts, I'm enjoying my life... well, atleast for a moment... but I realized that it was so lonely. I have money, I have the life that everyone dream of, I have friends... but I still feel empty. 

 

 

"You know it would be hard right? It's not as if you just went on a vacation on weekend. There are a huge changes in the industry, a lot." 

 

 

 

 

"I know, I just need one more chance. I'm still on my contract right?"

 

 

 

 

as far as I remember, my contract is not yet expired and in fact, I have a lot of music that not yet released, almost everything I did actually.

 

 

"Or if you don't need my music anymore, just terminate my contact since I still have a lot of offers from different companies"

 

 

I'm not being a big head when I say that because it's true. There are still companies that's trying to get me signed with them. Why I talk to my boss like that? Because I don't see him the way I used to be. I'm thankful ofcourse but after the disbandment and all the hiatus my members got and he did nothing I start to see him as a normal boss and not a father to us anymore.

 

 

"You know I won't let you sign with another agency. You are one of our gems" He said and I heard him sighed.

 

 

 

 

"Just e-mail me or call me if you already arranged everything sajangnim" 

 

 

 

 

 

After few days I got an email from YG Entertainment telling me that they will send my Korean manager this week and will discuss to me my comeback plans.

 

 

 

 

 

By the end of the week Jjangmae, my manager, came here and told me everything I need to know and the next day we flew to mexico to shoot my music video. We are going to release my song which I made last year. Actually I already finished filming my music video about this song but we decided to change some parts since we need to be updated in todays taste of viewers and listeners.

 

 

I feel happy when we finished the shoot, the happiness I felt when I was in Korea, making music is far from the happiness I'm feeling when I did music for US.

 

 

 

US is really different from my own country. In Korea I have a family that's waiting for me at home, in Korea I have my friends who's not only there with me in the parties but with me in everything I do. I have my co-workers that respects me, I have my members that treats me like a real sister and stood by my side no matter what even after disbandment and... and I have her... I have Dara.


My biggest mistake is to leave Dara alone. I know I'm so selfish... I only wants what makes me happy... I didn't give her a chance to choose for us, I made a very selfish decision and that is to leave everything behind and chase my dream in US and eventually, choosing to live there for good which leads us to break apart.

 

Dara and I had a long term relationship, 6 years in our own secret world. I don't know how we handle that and kept it out in the eyes of public, maybe that's what love can do. Dara is the most selfless person I ever met, special when it comes to me. She always supported me in everything I do, she hates LDR concept but she endure it because I told her that I really want to achieve my dreams. She even made it to the point when she have to double time her work so she can finished all schedules to visit me in US.

 

 

We are happy before, we kept in touch, we made ways just like the old times even we have hectic schedule. I remember when I proposed to her, that night... that night will always remain one of my special nights with her.

 

We are in the Philippines, it was one of our many secret vacation. She told me that she misses the country where she grow up and wants to visit it so I told her that we'll visit it when we have our free time. Fortunately, our shoot and schedule for this week was cancelled due to Minzy and Bom unnie's health, they are very sick maybe because of our nonstop schedules. We took this chance to go here, we are in Tagaytay Philippines, Dara loves visiting this place coz according to her the place is giving her a peace of mind and taking away all of her stress in life. I have to admit that this place is really beautiful. Specially from the hotel we are staying. The over looking is magnificent. I can see the nature from our valcony and it's very relaxing.

 

"Chae?" 

 


I looked at Dara who is sitting on our bed, yes we shared one room. She was looking at me with her beautiful smile. Damn that smile.

 

"You want something?" I asked her as I go back inside and sat beside her.

 


"thank you for coming with me" she sweetly said. 

 

I smiled at her and kiss her on forehead. This sweet ssantokki...

 

"Let's have dinner date later?" I asked her and show her my eye smile.

 

"are you trying to be romantic huh?" She raised her eyebrows trying to mocked me. I know she's just joking, my ssantakki doesn't have that personality. Well, except if she's really annoyed and that only happens once in a blue moon.

 

"I'm always romantic" I said and wink.


She blushed, she always blushed whenever I wink on her.

 

 

 

"Yah! Don't wink!" 

 

We laughed. We continue our talk while eating breakfast, Dara never failed to make me laugh. She made me really happy even on simple moments like this. Morning like this is the best mornings I have ever wake up to. 

 


The night came,we went to the restaurant I reserved. I persanally looked for this place where we can see the night beauty of Tagaytay City. This will be and hopefully the best night of our life. I was planning to propose to her. Well, we have this kind of relationship where we know that we are special to each other, we even fight like real couple and kiss and cuddle when we make up. We've been like this for almost a year and this time I wan't it to be official. I love her and I know that she feels the same way too and I can't think of any reason to not make it official.

 

 

The dinner is just simple but romantic, the set up is in the garden with only table for two.  The night light from the city below us gives more romantic vibe and a wonderful music from the violine. It's really romantic   and beautiful but Dara is more beautiful.

 

My love is wearing red mini dress that suits her body so much, a light make up, letting her hair flow down, she looks loke a real life barbie doll and I'm so lucking of having her right now. I was wearing my favorite cream colored dress and put a black leather jacket on the top of it. 

 

"Do you like it?" I asked her after we finished eating.

 

"I don't like it, I love it Chae. Thank you" She said and smile sweetly to me.

 


"I'm glad you like it, I really put my efforts to plan this" I smiled "mind to dance with me?" I offered my hand.

 

 


She chuckled but took my hand. I put my hand on her waist and she put hers on my shoulder. We are looking at each others eyes, did I mention how beautiful she is? If I do, bare with me I'm just mesmerized by her beauty. I wan't this night to be perfect because I may not be the prince she always dream of, but I can give her the whole fairytail where she can live happily ever after.

 


"You're beautiful..." I said.

 


I saw her blushed and I can help but to kiss her forehead. She's so adorable.

 

"You too Chae" she said.

 

I pulled her close to me, we are now hugging each other while dancing. Her head is on my chest since I'm a bit taller than her and my chin on the top of her head. Gosh... i'm so inlove with this girl.

 

"Dara?" I called her.

 

"hmmm?" she doesn't look at me, she stayed like that.

 


"You know how special you are to me right?" 

 

"Yes" she said and I feel that she's smiling.

 


I pulled away and hold her hand. She looks confused, I just smiled at her. I look at her eyes, the most beautiful part of her body. I almost got lost with her stare, she always had that power over me. 

 


"Chae..."

 


"Dara... my ssantokki. Gosh... I'm nervious" I let out a soft laugh. 


She just chuckled and squeze my hand.

 

"I just... I just wanna say that you are the most special woman in my life. Well, my mom and Harin too." I heard her laugh a little.

 

"Yeah, We are you queens right?" she said while smiling. I always tell her that I have 3 queens and that is my Mom, Harin and ofcourse her.

 

"You are, you will always be" I smiled.

 

Guys... I tell you, I'm the baddest female but whenever I am with Dara I forgot my tittle and act so sweet as sugar with this girl and I don't care as long as I made her happy.

 


"And I wanna say thank you for making me this happy" my eyes are getting wet. "I'm so happy everytime I'm with you. You make my life colorful. I don't know... it's like... it's like magic that everytime I see you all of my doubts, all of the things in my head will disappear and will replace with happy thoughts. Whenever you're not with me, I feel sad. It feels like there is something missing. I always miss you, I'll miss you even if you just went to the bathroom or you're just having you afternoon nap or when you are doing something and you're not paying attention to me. I'm so freakin' head over heels on you and I hope you are aware of that." 

 

I hold her face, this face I love to see everyday, every morning when I woke up . I put some strands of her hair at the back of her ear.

 

"I just... I just wanna say that I have no plans of letting you go, you become a part of me now and I want us to be official... I love you so much Dara... Will you be my girlfriend?" I said as I look straight to her eyes.

 

I saw some tears flowing out from her eyes and I know that, that tears are tears of joy. She hold my hand on her cheeks.

 

"I thought you'll never gonna asked me that Chae" she said while crying. "I've been waiting for you to ask me that for so long and yes! I wanna be your girlfriend"

 

Hearing that makes me cry in happiness. I never thought that like me, she's just waiting to hear those three words.

 


"I love you" I said in serious tone and cupped her face. We are both crying because of happiness.

 

She smiled and  closed the gap between us. This is not the first time we kissed but the feelings are far different. This time is full of love and admiration. I can taste the fluid from her eyes maybe it was mixed with mine.

 

"I love you too, Chaerin" She said after that sweet kiss.


That day is the start of our journey together, I remember giving her a necklace before we went back to our hotel. It's with a little heart pendant that she can open everytime she missed me because I out our picture there. I even flew to Japan just to get that pendant.

 

"Are you ready Chaerin-ah?" 

 

Smiled at Jjangmae, he is with me helping me to pack my things and we are bound to go back in Korea.