Chapter 2

REMEMBER WHEN...

"Omma?"

 


I called my mother as I enter our house. I'm so tired from the long drive, I just came from my vacation in Jeju Island with my friends and I'm so freakin' dead batt.

 

"Sandy?" I heard my mom from the kitchen. She still used to call me by my nickname in the Philippines.

 

I went there and saw my old woman cooking something, maybe our dinner. 

 

"How's your trip?" she asked.

 

"I had so much fun omma" I said and sat on our counter stool.

 


I watched my mother while cooking, she looks happy while tasting the meal she's cooking. I smiled, after all that happened with our family I can proudly say that my mom is the strongest woman I ever met in my whole life. After my father left us, she's the only one who raised us up. She's a very good mother and if I can live my life again I still wanted her to my mom.

 


"What are you cooking omma?" I asked.

 


"Dinner" she said and smiled.

 


"You look happy" I stated.

 

"Because I'm happy" her smile is reaching her eyes so I can help my self to smile too.

 

 

"Where is Durami and Thunder?" 

 

"Thunder is still on his work and Durami will be here anytime soon" 

 


I just nodded. My brother is running his new independent label which he asked for some help from me and I'm happy that his company is doing well. On the other side, my sister Durami is on her final year in Film and photograpy and I can't be more proud of my siblings. After our father left us I promise myself to support them and give them all the best in life, after all they are reason why I work hard.

 


I remember Chaerin and I used to fight over me being so workaholic to the point that I got really sick. Those times when Chaerin is still the best girlfriend that I can ever wish for. She's taking good care of me, she's always there to remind me to don't abuse my body and don't over work.Chaerin is the sweetest and the most caring person on earth. She's always been like that... well, not until she started dreaming big for her career. 

 

"Omma, I'm just going to my room and rest" I told my mother.

 

As I enter my room I can't stop thinking of what Chaerin and I had before... The almost perfect relationship we had... It's been a bitter sweet memories that I wanna treasure in my heart. Those memories when I know that Chaerin is all mine... all of her is mine...

 

 

"Babe can you atleast have a break? I'm worried about your health" I heard Chaerin said.

 

I was putting my dress for an event tonight that I will going to attend, it's a paid endorsement so I can't let it slip. Chae is sitting on my bed looking worried for me.

 

"Just this one babe, I promise I'll take a break tomorrow" I said and walk to her to give her a peck on lips.

 


"Are you sure you're alright? You still have a fever" she said.

 

Yes, I have slight fever since this morning and Chae wants me to cancel my appointments but I insist because this is a huge endorsement and I just can't let in slide.

 

 

I put my hand on her cheeks and softly caress it. God, I love this woman.

 

"Don't worry about me okay? I can handle myself. I'll call you if I really don't feel good later okay?" I assure her.

 

"But babe..."

 


"Please?" I act cutely.

 

"If only I can accompany you" She said still worried.

 


"Jjangmae is with me babe, you don't have to worry that much" I said and kiss her on her forehead. "Now, I want you to help me dry my hair"

 

 

Chaerin stood up and dragged me on my make up chair. She gets the blower inside the drawer and started to dry my hair. I can't believe that this is really happening in real life. I mean, I can only read this on the romantic novels and watched it on my favorite series. 

 


"Ya!" I playfully patted her shoulder because she kissed me without any warning.

 


"You're spacing out" she laughed.

 

I looked at her, her laugh is the music into my ears, those cute eyes which glitters everytime she smiles and her lips that curves beautifully.

 


"I love you Chae" 

 

She stopped laughing and looked at me with her lovely smile. She cupped my face while staring in me. 

 


"I love you too, Sandara." and she kissed me slowly and sweetly.

 


She is almost perfect, she's everything that I can asked for, she made me her world for a moment, she makes me feel wanted and appreciated. She made me feel loved in many ways. Chaerin is my greatest love, the only person I gave my whole, my everything. She can asked for my life and I can give it to her in a seconds without a single doubt. But I realized that no matter how much and how big you gave your love for someone, that someone can still turn their backs on you. Just like how Chaerin left me for her dreams.  

 

I smiled bitterly because of that thought. Everything is wasted including the promises we once made.

 

"Unnie?"

 

I looked at Durami, I don't remember when she went here or how she entered my room without me noticing it.

 

"Are you crying Unnie?" She asked worriedly.

 

I put my hands on my cheeks and I felt some wets running down. Yes, I'm still in' crying over it. 

 

"Who made you cry unnie?" Durami asked again.

 

I wipped my tears away and smiled to my little sister "I'm not crying pabo! My eyes are just tired" I said lying.

 

 

"You know, you can lie to anyone but not me" she said crossing her arms. Hayss... This kid!

 


"I'm not lying!" I said as I messed her hair.

 


"Yah! Not my hair!" She said.

 

I just laugh and went outside my room. I found my mother setting up the table.

 

"Omma! Dara unnie is cr....." 

 


I put my hand on my sister's mouth. This kid and her big mouth! I don't want to worry my mom. She's the most special person in my life and making her worry is the last thing I wanna do.

 


"Shut your mouth up or I'll never give you your allowance?" I said lowly to Dumari.

 

 

"Yah! Why are you stopping your sister to speak?" Omma asked.

 


I put down my hand and looked at Durami with warning glare.

 

"What are you saying again Durami?" 

 

 

"I said, Dara unnie is hungry" she said and rolled her eyes on me. The respect of my sister is too high for me.. Ugh.

 


I went to the dinning table and saw that there are more plates. 

 


"Omma? Do you have guess tonight?" I asked.

 

Omma put down the bowl she's holding and set it into the center of the table.

 

"Bom will come tonight, she said she missed me" omma said.

 


My 2NE1 members are the close with my mom, they threat her as a real mother and my mom see them as their daughter too. There are times that they will just shown up her unannounce and they are really feel at home here specially Bom.

 


"I reslly like her new single unnie" Durami said as she sits on the sofa near dinning hall.


I smiled, I'm proud of my bestfriend. After all she went through, I'm glad that she's doing good in her comeback. She deserves every sucess she's having right now because that girl so pure and kind hearted. I just hate those who brought her down because she don't deserve all the hate she got. My friend is suffering from her mental illness and just curing herself but those idiots used that to dragged her down and I'm so mad. I stayed at her side during that time making sure that she won't feel alone and she did the same thing with me when Chaerin left me all alone. Bom is more than a friend to me, she's the unnie I never had.

 

 

"Yah unnie! Your spacing out!" Durami throw a paper on me.

 


"What the..." I said as I run to my sister and headlocked her and tickle her side.

 

"Yah unnie!" she laughed "Unnie... Hahaha"

 


I laughed at her too, I'm so thankful that I have my family with me to keep me happy and alive. If it's not for them I don't know where I will be right now.

 


I just let her go when we haerd a knocked. I'm sure it is Bommie. Durami went to the door and opened it.

 


"Bom Unnie!" I heard Durami said.

 


The two walked inside, Bom ignored me and went straight to my mother. What the heck?

 


"Yah! I'm here Bommie-yah!" I shouted.

 


I looked at Bom but she just rolled her eyes on me. Eh? What did I do?

 

 

"what did I do?" I asked Durami.

 

 

"I don't know" she said.

 

I walked near Bom but she move away.

 

"Yah! What did I do?" I asked as I follow her.

 

 

Bom is just moving around and avoiding me. This girl... Argh. 

 


"Can you both stop walking? You give me headache" My omma said.

 


"Tell your daughter to stop following me, Untie" Bom said and went on the living room.

 


"Dara what did you do?" my mom asked.

 

I shrugged my shoulder. I really don't know what I did. Did I do something bad? Did she asked me anything and I failed to do? Or... Ohh.. What the .... I ing forgot her ing birthday! Yah stupid Dara! 

 


I went to the living room and sat beside my bestfriend. I just sat their quietly, I saw her taking glance on me but will look away everytime I look at her.

 

 

"Bommie... I'm sorry" I said as I lowered my head.

 

She remained silent. I looked up to her, she had her straight face.

 

"I didn't mean to forget your birthday Bom" 

 


"But you still does" she coldly said.

 


I tear up, I feel guilty. Of all the occasion I can be missed why it's Bom's birthday? 

 


"Bommie-yah, I'm sorry" I said and i feel my tears falling.

 

"Yah! Why are you crying?!" she said.

 

"because you're mad at me" I said while sobbing.

 

 

"I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed" she said and put her arms on my shoulder. "Of all the people who will forget my birthday, it has to be you, my bestfriend"

 


"I'm sorry... I'll make it up to you. I'm really sorry" 

 

"Stop crying, you look ugly" she said and smiled.


I wipped my tears and hugged her, I'm lucky to have an understanding bestfriend.

 

"You look ugly" she laughed.


"I'm sorry? When did I look ugly?" I asked her with my eyebrows up.

 


"Everytime" she mocked me and run to the kitchen. Aish... That immature lady!

 


"stop playing, come here so we can start eating" omma said.

 

 


"Why do I have to be with two childish unnies?" Durami asked and sighed.

 


"Yah! We heard you!" Bom and I said in chorus.

 


"Actually that's my plan" my sister said with devil smile.

 

 

We rolled our eyes on her, does these kids now a days are bully like this? coz I swear in our time we can't acted like that with elderlies.

 

"Let's eat" Omma

We are about to start eating when we heard a knock... Maybe that is thunder. Good timing since we are just about to eat.

 

 

Durami went to the door because she's the youngest. 

 


"Wow untie... This is my favorites!" Bom said after she saw what my mom cooked.

 

 

"Ofcourse, it's our late celebration for your birthday" my mom said and smiled.

 


"Unnie..." I heard Durami called me.

 


I looked up to her only to found out that it is not Thunder who came home....

 


"Good evening..."

 

 

"CHAERIN?!"