The Truth

Not Far Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The evening was approaching. Outside the windows, it was getting dark, and the lamps were slowly flashing on the streets of Seoul. I sat with my legs curled up in my hospital bed and biting my lip nervously. Jongdae always came around noon and even when he couldn’t get me right away, I knew from the nurses that he was already in the hospice. Today, however, it was different and I was worried about him because none of the staff saw him.

 

Maybe Dae decided to break our relationship after what I confessed yesterday? Maybe he doesn’t want to keep in touch with the patient? And what if something bad happened to him? Similar thoughts ran in my head, and even Xiyng knew that I was worried, when my pressure and pulse increased from time to time. I jumped in surprise when suddenly, without any warning, the door from my room opened with a bang. There was no one else in them, just like the cause of my worries, but his appearance made me scared even more instead of feeling relief.

 

The hoodie, I gave him yesterday, was muddy and torn in some places. The boy clutched his stomach and looked as if he barely had the strength to stand on his feet. Dae moved slowly towards me and seat by the bed with great difficulty. I noticed numerous wounds on his face. He had a split lip, a crooked nose, a crack above the eyebrow and a purple bruise under his left eye that stretched all the way to the chin. I was terrified and wanted to cry because who could have done it to him? Who could hurt someone in such a cruel way? The boy coughed sharply, and blood spat out of his mouth and he wiped it with his sleeve. It stung my heart to look at him in this state. I didn't understand what had happened, but I knew I had to help him as soon as possible. I just wanted to call Yixing when Jongdae grabbed my wrist.

 

- I'm sorry I'm late, Seok. - he said it with difficulty, hoarsely and coughing at the end.

 

- Who did this to you? - I tried to keep my voice from shaking.

 

- Mini, you look really beautiful today, but why aren't you smiling? - Jongdae seemed insane and I was wondering if he knows how serious his condition can be.

 

- Dae, wait for a second, I just have to do a small thing. - I had to keep my sober mind and not get stuck because every minute could be important to him.

 

I was in the middle of calling Lay when I felt the grip on my wrist go down. Before I could react, Jongdae slumped to the ground, and I shouted as loud as I could. Lay appeared in my room immediately, and seeing what was happening, he knelt beside the boy. Because Dae stopped breathing, so the nurse began to give him first aid, and a doctor and other nurses came along with him. When they managed to restore his breath, they took him on a stretcher and brought him from my room.

 

At that moment, I didn't care what anyone would say and started to cry and choke myself with tears. I was afraid. Hell, I was terrified that I'd lose him. Even the soothing words of Lay couldn't help me calm down. He gave up the insignificant slogan "everything will be fine" and instead, he locked me in an embrace, letting me cry all fears out in his shirt.

 

The next hour I sat in anxiety, praying quietly that they'd save him. Then a doctor came to my room, informing me that Jongdae's condition was stable and all his wounds were dressed. However, since he had a fever and had to rest, he instructed me to give him some time to recover. He brightens up my mood when he announced that I could visit him in an hour or so. Lay came into my room a moment later and I saw him pale on his face. It was obvious that he was just as worried as me. However, I had one more thing to do, and even though it wasn't the best moment, I had to do it, otherwise, today's situation will happen again.

 

- Yixing, I know you're hiding something from me, which is relat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter