May I?

Not Far Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up in the darkroom when somebody poked my arm. I slowly opened my sleepy eyes and noticed the doctor dressed in a white coat, and behind him, was standing Lay, with his head down. My attention was caught by the boy lying on my chest, slightly snoring. "So that's why it was so hard to breathe" - I thought. Minseok was breathing calmly, so I looked at the doctor who didn't seem happy. He indicated to me, to be quiet and not wake Minseok up. When he left the room after making sure everything was all right, a nurse approached me and explained the situation to me.

 

He wanted to come before the ward round, but some sudden situation came up and he couldn't take Minseok to his room. So when the doctor found us together, he was angry, but knowing that the boy was feeling well, he agreed to leave him with me. I thanked him and Lay promised that he'd visit us at breakfast. It was indeed quite early, maybe around six in the morning, so I ran my hand over Min's hair and closed my eyes again, deciding that we could sleep some more.

 

When I woke up the second time that day, Xiu wasn't sleeping anymore, but sitting cross-legged at the end of my bed, eating jelly. Looking at him like that, sometimes I couldn't believe that we were the same age. He smiled broadly and looked really charming. I rose to a sitting position and leaned my back against the pillow.

 

- Didn't you mistake beds, sweetie? - I decided to a little and I was able to see how he's blushing.

 

- Ya! Don't upset me, you gave me so many nerves yesterday! I thought I'd die of a heart attack! - Xiumin, like an incredible actor, grabbed his heart.

 

- I'm sorry you had to witness it. - I said seriously this time, and he moved closer to me, opening his arms wide, giving me a sign to hug him.

 

- I know everything, Jongdae, so promise that there won't be secrets between us anymore. - he said in a charming way, hiding his head in the hollow of my neck. I sighed deeply because I didn't want to involve him in my messy life, but now I didn' have a choice.

 

- I'll try, Seok. - I smiled at him, decide to give him a chance and trust him.

 

- Yixing brought breakfast, but I was hungry, so I ate earlier. You should also if you want to get back to yourself quickly. - He withdrew from our embrace and reached for the plastic tray from the bedside table. I accepted it from him and began to eat a meal. After a moment there was nothing on the plate, and I was finishing the raspberry jelly. Min was watching me all the time with a smile and at some point, it started to be weird, a little scary.

 

- Can you stop eating me with your eyes? - I asked jokingly, and he began to laugh and hit me lightly on the shoulder.

 

- You would be a tasty morsel - I raised my eyebrows in surprise because I didn't expect him to snap back. I couldn't stand it anymore and snort with laughter.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter