Xiumin and Chen

Not Far Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A probation officer arrived at my house in the morning. He introduced himself briefly and we left the empty apartment without words. I was extremely lucky because none of my parents was at home. Otherwise, they'd have broken my hands a long time ago. The road took us fifteen minutes and when we got off at the bus stop in front of the Sunny Hospice, I understood how ed I was. My friend was giving me enough problems and now I'll have to deal with children, knowing that it can be their last days.

 

We passed in silence to the reception desk, behind which an elderly nurse waited. My probation officer explained the reason for our visit and after signing some papers, the woman explained to me the rules of the place. I saw her looking at me a bit skeptical, so I took a breath and asked what was going on. As usual, I heard that I should take better care of my appearance and clothes, but what could I say, "Excuse me, I barely have enough money for one meal a day?" Seeing that I don't know how to answer her, the woman suggested to me to use the employee's outfit in the hospice. I thanked her with a nod and accepted a green outfit and a white, long sleeve T-shirt.

 

Moments later a young nurse joined us and smiled to greet me broadly.

 

- My name is Zhang Yixing and I work as a head nurse in this department. I'll be your guardian for the time of your volunteering. I hope we'll work well together.

 

- Kim Jongdae. Me too. - I shook his outstretched hand.

 

- Have we ever met? - asked the man, carefully looking at my face.

 

- I don't think so. - I cut short and the guardian didn't go on with the subject and started explaining to me the rules of work and duties.

 

We said goodbye to the probation officer and I was taken toward number 3. When we walked down the corridor, I was observing the rooms around me. Most of the rooms were occupied by children between 7 and 12 years old, sharing one room between three people.

 

Lay, because the nurse asked me to call him like that, took me to the recreation room, where several children were playing with each other. Small children wearing colorful headcloths were running

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter