Prologue

Not Far Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

31.10.2018r.

 

A small hall inside the building of the District Court. A large group of people sitting in benches, each of them is diligently watching the actions of a young judge who is considering the case of a juvenile boy again this month. Nobody is interested in who he is, what he really did, or even if he is really guilty. Each of them is waiting only for one. The judgment. Everyone gathered here, hoping that by punishing one, innocent existence they would wipe out the stain of not interfering in the lives of their children. Because all this confusion arose through him. Through him, the city falls, absorbed by drug addiction.

 

- By law, I adjudicate that after hearing the case on October 31, 2018, The Regional Court acquit the accused of the commission of acts that are alleged against him, which concern the sale of legal highs and narcotic drugs. The blood tests also didn't show any anomalies, so all objections to the accused are revoked.

 

In the hall, you can hear the noise of dissatisfaction. This was not what people wanted to hear. After loud, reprimanding hammer, the onlookers calm down and the room is silent again.

 

- However, the Court decides to give the accused a penalty admonishing for previous criminal offenses such as minor thefts or fights, during which the police intervened. Thus, he condemns the accused of three months of social work for the benefit of the municipal Hospice, which he will perform under the supervision of the probation officer.

 

The atmosphere among the present witnesses changes radically. There are mocking smiles on their faces. They are proud tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter