Tell me

Not Far Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Baekhyun calmed down a bit, he decided to go upstairs and see how Chanyeol is feeling. Jongdae, however, warned him that if something was wrong or whatever disturbed him, he would immediately appear. The teenager thanked him for it and after taking a tray from the kitchen with a glass of water and sandwiches, he went up. Baek knocked quietly in the door and opened them. Darkness prevailed there, but Byun decided not to turn on the light. Relying on his memory, he walked slowly toward the bed.

 

In the middle of the bed, covered only with a thin blanket, was laying Chanyeol and breathing irregularly. From time to time his body twitched or his hands moved. The boy was vaguely muttering some unintelligible words but a moment later he fell silent again. On his shoulders, neck and forehead could be seen drops of sweat, which a few seconds later ran down his body.

 

Baekhyun put down the tray on the bedside table and leaned over the boy to check his temperature. It was heightened, so the first thing Byun did, was closing immediately the window which was wide opened so that his guest wouldn't get cold and catch pneumonia. Then he sat on the bed next to him and looked at his face for a moment. He pushed aside the hair that fell on Chanyeol's face and sighed deeply. Unexpectedly Chanyeol opened his eyes and Baekhyun jumped because of surprise. The boys looked deeply into each other's eyes.

 

- Baekkie ... - Chanyeol's voice was low and guttural, so after a while, the boy began to cough.

 

- I'm here. - Byun replied, and strangely, he didn't move away when Yeol hugged him. On the contrary, he lay down along his side and embraced the larger body, closing it in a safe and warm embrace. The boys lay there for a long moment, saying nothing, savoring the moment of peace and silence. However, Chanyeol interrupted it and decided to unbosom himself to Baekhyun. Either now or never.

 

- Do you want to know what really is between me and Jongdae? - he asked without looking up.

 

- Do you want to tell me about it? - Baek wanted Chanyeol not to do something he could regret, so he preferred to make sure of his intentions.

 

- If you think that you'd be able to give me a chance after what I've done to you, then I think it's important that you know what connects us, because it also has to do with my family and all this . - fidgeting restlessly in place, Yeol said.

 

- So go ahead. - I tried to give him courage, so I stuck my fingers in his red curls and started to brush them lightly.

 

- I met Jongdae for the first time when he moved to my primary school. He was a very quiet and introverted child, nobody wanted to talk to him, and there were rumors about him. It somehow happened that we had to sit next to each other on a bench and that's when our friendship started. It took me a long time to convince him that I'm not another kid trying to get money from him. One time, when we were changing in the changing room on PE, a group of older guys surrounded him and began to mock him. Without even thinking about the consequences, I threw myself at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter