Meet my...

Not Far Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jongdae thought that his life was really screwed up. Everything changed when he met Minseok. The boy with round cheeks and large eyes made the teenager want to believe, that he might survive the hell. However, he was terribly sorry for one reason, and it wasn't about him born in a family of his, but for Min, who always smiles and has hope, because he must suffer the most.

The moment when Dae was holding the sleeping teenager in his arms, who was breathing with difficulty through the oxygen mask, he promised to do anything to make him happy. Even if it would last short because Min had less and less time. Determined, he decided not to give up and fight for the Seok's dreams. Reminding one of Minseok's easy-to-follow requests, Jongdae reached the phone from the cupboard near the bed and sent a message to Chanyeol, hoping his friend wouldn't let him down. Then he looked at the sleeping boy and after kissing him on the top of his head, he returned to sleep.

 

 

*****

 

 

Chanyeol had a day off because Baek's mother left him alone at home to get a little more familiar with him and treated him as his own. The boy slept until midday in the soft, warm bed that was in his room. He couldn't believe that it was really happening. That he finally has a place where it doesn't smell alcohol, it's warm and nice. That you want to come back home.

 

He even decided to stay in pajamas, which he chose while shopping with Mrs. Yunso. It consisted of a Star Wars t-shirt and gray sweatpants. The teenager rolled out of bed and after a quick bath, went down to get a snack. He noticed a small piece of paper on the kitchen table, with information from the housekeeper, that breakfast was waiting for him in the fridge. Taking notes in the back of the head to thank the woman for the meal, he took a plate of sandwiches with him to the living room. Spreading down comfortably on the couch, he switched on the TV, on the first better program, because he didn't intend to focus on its plot. It was a strange feeling, unknown to him before. To be able to sit in a warm home, in loose clothes, not worrying about anything and just watching TV. He felt a bit stupid, even uncomfortable because he didn't know what to do. He was told, that he could use whatever he wanted, but Chanyeol didn't want to impose on his benefactors too much.

 

Suddenly, his attention was caught by standing in the corner of the living room, next to a bookcase, a guitar. It was made of dark wood and looked as if its owner hadn't used it for a long time. The boy got up from the couch and went to the instrument. He sat on the floor cross-legged and skillfully grabbed the guitar. Back then, when his mother was alive, little Chan often watched her playing the instruments. Her passion was music, and she taught it in elementary school. The boy often spent time with his mother and learned everything about music.

 

At first, he was shy, but after a few minutes, he boldly began to move his fingers on the metal strings. Once he remembered how it was going, he began to nod his head slightly, and murmur under his breath only to him, familiar melody. The gentle sounds of the old song that his mother had taught him began to spread around the house. Chanyeol drowned in the music world so much, that he did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter