The Encounter

Sakura Fever

The O.N.E members are practising for their performance at the Prom night. They are now at Yena's house, with Chaeyeon and Hyewon's new instruments as the old ones were destroyed during their stupid catfight over Sakura.

* Ring Ring Ring *

Yena drops the drumsticks and stop playing as soon as she hears her phone ringing. She jumps to the table on which she put her phone and answers immediately, receiving glares from everyone in the room.

" Hello, baby."

She answers sweetly ignoring all her friends.

" Yena unnieeee, i miss chu!!! "

Yujin pretends to throw up on Yuri's cuteness from the other line. Yena shows her fist at Yujin and she turns around, completely ignoring everyone.

" Unnie, unnie, what will we do on Valentine day? "

" Valentine day? "

Yena is thinking while taking a pause. The three friends of hers head up immediately as soon as they hear the word Valentine day. Yes. It is February. And it has The Valentine day.

" What my baby wants to do? "

" Molla. You are enough for me. Just make some time for me."

Yuri said and Yena is grinning like a moron. She is rubbing the back of her neck in nervousness.

" Aha. You have got every second of my life. You still want more? "

" Yes. I want to see you everytime."

" Awwww."

Yena can't take these words anymore. This girl loves her a lot and she can't return anything. I am a very bad girlfriend. She thinks. She talks on phone for a few more minutes and then she hangs up.

" Hey, guys. I have something to talk with you."

Yena said and they all sit on the floor. Yujin is lying down on the floor while sleeping on Chaeyeon's thigh while putting her legs over Hyewon's. Hyewon and Chaeyeon are fighting over the only one Pringles box. Yena furrows her eyebrows as she doesn't get full attention from her friends. Nevertheless, she has to talk.

" Guys, give me advice for the Valentine day."

" Hahaha. Chocolate, of course."

Yujin said but Yena shakes her head.

" This is our first Valentine together. I want to give a proper present."

" Yena-unnie. I don't date but I have many experience of gifts and presents. Make it expensive."

Yujin said proudly. She then continues to talk about how expensive the gifts she received on Valentine day. 

" Presents come from heart."

But she was cut off by Chaeyeon who blurs out a suggestion.

" You can't ask random people for idea.They come from heart. You are the only one who knows what she really wants."

Yena nods as she likes Chaeyeon's words.

" You are right. I know what she wants. She wants to be with me almost everytime."

" Then, give her a phone. She can call you everytime."

" She has one already, Yujin-ah."

" What about giving her a surprise in an Amusement Park? "

" Hyewon-ah, you only have that idea? "

" Giving one is better than giving none."

Hyewon said and Yena is laughing loudly. They spend for minutes but they can't decide the perfect idea. Finally, Yena decides to take it private.

" Ok, thank you, guys. But I think I have to figure it out by myself."

" Yeah, it is the best. Plus I need my own idea too."

Yujin said and all three pairs of eyes end on her.

" What? You give present? "

" To whom? "

" Ahh, it's nothing."

" It's definitely not nothing. Tell us. Who? "

Yujin'a face turns red. She smiles shyly and answers.

" I am thinking of giving some present to Eunbi unnie."

" Eunbi? Kwon Eunbi? "

" Yea. Well, we are not very getting along so I decided to make it up to her. Plus, she is a real beauty, isn't she? "

Yujin said and she stands up quickly.

" Hahaha. I have to go. Bye unnies."

She said and runs out of the house in the speed of light. The three older girls shake their heads as they can't understand their maknae's strange manners.

" We are going too."

Hyewon and Chaeyeon said goodbye to Yena and they all leave, leaving Yena alone in the room. Yena throws herself on the sofa and sighs.

" Well, I am the first one who got a girlfriend in the group. But it seems they have more experience than me. Aigoo. I am a Pabo. I am not suited with a true angel like Yuri. Pabo-ah. Think something good."

She is talking to herself.

 

 

 

Xxx                                          xXx                                       xxX

 

 

 

 

Feb 10

Sakura, Eunbi and Yuri are walking to the school cafeteria, they are talking about random things and suddenly, Yuri blurs out.

" I am curious what Yena unnie will give me on Valentine day."

" Valentine? "

" Yes. It's February 10 already."

Yuri said with a dreamy tone and Sakura and Eunbi look at each other, not knowing how to response.

" What will you do, unnies? "

" As usual, I am all alone."

Eunbi said proudly. But Sakura is froze by the question. Two faces unexpectingly appears inside Sakura's head all of a sudden.

" Sakura unnie, who will be your partner on Valentine day? "

" Yes, I am dying to know, too."

" I- I don't know. I still have no idea about it."

Sakura answers. Well, she is curious of what they will do for her. I will give more marks to the one who can make me smile on that day. She makes a note to herself.

" Who is Sakura unnie? "

At that time, a cute little kid walks towards them and he asks. 

" She is. What do you want? "

" Unnie, don't be so hard on a kid. Hello, kid. I am Sakura."

" Here."

" Awwwww, he is so cute!! "

Sakura and Yuri said in unison while Eunbi just rolls her eyes. The kid is extending his hand to Sakura with a big red rose in his hand.

Sakura takes it gently and the kid runs away before she can ask anything. Yuri is super curious of who sends this rose and she quickly spots a note tied at the stalk.

" Unnie, it has a letter."

Sakura takes the note off from the rose and she quickly opens.

" Kura-ah, I am anonymous. Haha. I am someone you don't know. Well, I want you to spend the coming Valentine day with me. Please accept the rose if you say Yes. Oh, indeed, I am no one."

Sakura frowns. 

" Does she really think I am a Pabo? Or there may be something wrong with her head."

She whispers knowing who is the owner of this rose. She doesn't want to throw away the flower so she sighs and just keeps it. The three girls continue walking while whispering some secrets. 

" Yes!! "

Hyewon who is watching them from the back of the tree is now celebrating herself and she proudly comes back to their practise room at school. 

" Oop, I was about to forget. I must not let Chaeyeon to know about it. She will be sad if she finds out Kura will have a date with me on Valentine day."

She makes a note to herself and tries to make poker face before she enters the room. The three members of the O.N.E are waiting for her.

" Hey."

" Yah! Why are you so late? "

" I- I was going to toilet. Yeah. Diarrhoea."

She tries to make a lie and luckily, everyone buys it. They start their practise and flow in their own music when the door is opened again.

" Hey "

The four girls look at the direction and someone surprise is standing at the door.

" Mina unnie! "

Yujin is the very first one who wakes up from the shock and she runs to her to give a hug, followed by Yena and Hyewon. Chaeyeon doesn't make a move and she just stands there, looking at their direction.

" Hey little girl,  won't you give me a hug? "

" We have already met."

" Aigooo, see what I have bought for my ChaeChae."

Mina said while putting all the food bags in her hand on the table. Chaeyeon seems to be nervous to see Mina especially in front of her friends. The three friends are smiling but they all know they should run before the war breaks out.

" Come, let's eat! "

But Mina doesn't let them to go. She prepares the food for them and they have nothing to choose but to eat. Chaeyeon is sitting on the floor under the bench and Mina is sitting on the hand of the bench. She is looking at Chaeyeon and taking care as always.

" CaheChae-ah, do you have plans on 14? "

" Plan? I don't know."

" Let's go on a date if you are free."

Mina said and everyone is looking at Chaeyeon. What will she say when her crush is asking her out for a date?

" I- Mina-chan, sorry. I have my plans on that day. Even if I am free, I am not going out with you again."

" Yah! "

" Unnie! "

Yena and Yujin are trying to stop Chaeyeon as they feel sorry for Mina. Hyewon said nothing as she is on Chaeyeon's side this time. That unnie had done enough wounds for Chaeyeon.

" We have to practise. You know the rule, Mina-chan. We don't invite visitors to our trainings. We don't want our audience to listen to our incomplete music."

" You don't have to kick me out."

Mina whispers. She sighs and grabs her handbag. She walks towards Chaeyeon and gives a quick peck on the cheek.

" I know I have ruined our relationship but I am not giving up yet."

She said with a smile and leaves the room. Chaeyeon angrily throws the chopsticks in her hand to the ground and cups her face with her palms. She seems tired already.

" Unnie-ah, are you alright? "

" No. How can I? "

" Aish, why that woman has to appear out of blue? "

Hyewon angrily said. Yena takes a deep breathe as she knows things are getting complicated.

" Chaeyeon-ah, I have one question. Do you still love her? "

Chaeyeon looks at her in disbelief eyes.

" Do you really think we can stop loving someone? We can't. It doesn't. I love her and this will never change. I only stop showing my love."

" Why? "

" Cos it is too hurt. First love are always painful. And they are always severely hurt. I have to respect myself. This is the only way I can save myself. I need to find my own happiness."

Sakura is the savior. Chaeyeon whispers in her mind. At that time, Mina who has left the room is feeling really sorry. What had she done to Chaeyeon? When she became a cold blooded one? Why? She has many questions and she needs to cool down herself so she walks randomly around the school.

" Hello, welcome from *** High school Radio channel. I am DJ Sakura for this evening."

Mina suddenly hears a sweet voice and she listens to it.

" Today, my program is Letter to Someone. This is the program you can send letters to someone as anonymous. I will read it for you and your message is sent. So, please pay attention and let's find out together what I have got today."

Mina smiles and she starts to follow the voice. The sweet voice is echoing through the speakers from every corner of the school and she doesn't where is the DJ room. Mina keeps walking and follows her heart while listening to the DJ girl.

" Ok. For the last letter, I will read it. Aham. Hello, Miss Floral, I mean Sakura. I was thinking over and over again before I sent this letter to you. Yes. This letter is for you, Saku-chan. As you know, coming 14 is Valentine day and I want to borrow some time from you if you agree. I will be waiting at the very first place we met at 5 sharp in evening on that day. Yours always, Feather."

Sakura stops reading as her heartbeat skips faster. So this is Chaeyeon, huh? So what should she do? Whom should she choose? Hyewon or Chaeyeon? She sighs in confusion and continues her DJ work.

As everyone remembers, her ambifion is to become a voice actress. And now she is practising in her own way so that she can have some experience of voice working. So, she ends up working as a radio DJ at school clubs.

Sakura pretends as nothing special had happened and she quickly grabs her things and runs out as soon as her program ends. She runs and opens the door, bumps into someone at there.

" Ah."

" Gomen! "

Sakura bows 90° and she apologizes. But her eyes become round and her jaw drops when she sees a very stunning beautiful lady in front of her. Is she an angel?

" It's ok. I shouldn't stand at the door. It was my fault."

That lady replies with Japanese and Sakura eyes become more wide.

" Are you a Japan? "

" Yes, I am. My name is Mina Myoui. I paid a visit to this school to find something........ fresh."

" Mina? Mina-chan? The great Ballad Dancer, Mina-chan? "

Sakura almost shouts in surprise. Mina beautifully smiles and she nods as a yes, making Sakura jumps in excitement.

" I am your big big big fan, Mina-chan!! "

" Hei! Arigato! "

" So, what- what are you doing in front of the Radio room? "

" Oh, I have heard your voice and it was very sweet. I think it will work. You know, I have some shares of Toei Entertainment."

" Wow."

" Do you have any interest of working in Japan? I can help."

" Omo."

Sakura is so surprised with the offer. But she immediatly remembers about her stepmother amd her sisters. She is the eldest. How she can leave them alone in Korea? She smiles and quickly shakes her head.

" It's a huge offer but let me refuse it. I am just a high schooler. I can't decide my life-goal decisions. I do love to work for Toei but this is not the time. I want to finish the University first."

Sakura said and Mina nods.

" Of course. I was in a rash. Sorry, Sakura. Here. Take my card. Call me anytime you need help. I like your voice."

" Arigato."

Sakura said while making a 90° bow again. Mina nods and she turns around, starts walking away from Sakura.

So, it's her, right? She is cute. You have a very good taste, ChaeChae. Mina thinks.

" I know Feather is you, little girl."

She whispers.

" My ChaeChae has already grown up."

 

 

 

 

Xxx                                           xXx                                        xxX