Saranghae

Sakura Fever

It has been raining since morning. Hyewon has no feeling to hang out with friends so she just locks herself up in her room and watches some random movie on the channel.

" Hahahhhaha. This one is so funny."

She is talking to herself while she is watching the movie called "Princess Protection Program".

" Hmmm, Selena is Chaeyeon's favourite. I remember how she sings My Dilemma at her lungs. Geez."

She keeps watching the movie but her head is thinking about other. Lee Chaeyeon.

After she had come back from her sister, she is thinking about how she can make up with Chaeyeon without being laughed by Yena and Yujin. She still finds no chance and her life goes on without Chaeyeon.

" Why the channel has to show Selena's movie? And why it is about friendship? I am teary again and again."

She thunks while wiping her tears out with her hand. At that time, her phone rings and she picks up.

" Nae, Auntie? "

" Hyewon-ah, is Chaeyeon at your house? "

" No, Auntie, wae? "

" She is not at home. Her phone is dead. And it is raining so I am worried for her."

" She is missing? "

" Yes. I am afraid that she will lost again. Ok ok, honey. I will go look for her. Thanks. Come visit home when you are free."

" Nae. I will, Auntie."

Hyewon hangs up. Where that girl has been? It is none of my business. Hyewon thinks and she turns to her left, closes her eyes. At that time, her phone rings again and it is Yena this time.

" Immm, Choi Yena. Wae? "

" Did you know that Chaeyeon is missing? "

" Yeah."

" Me and Yujin are about to go to her house and help to find her. Will you join us? "

" No. Thank you. I have no guts to make contact with her."

" Yah! Kang Hyewon! "

" Wae? "

" I have something to tell you."

" What is it? "

" Mina unnie has come back."

" What? "

Hyewon is froze for a few seconds. That Mina girl is the witch for Chaeyeon. She has no good for their friend. If she came back, it is not good for Chaeyeon for 100%. Oh, it's none of my business.

" Is it all you want to say? Then, I am hanging up."

She said and quickly ends the call. Huh, she made a fight with me and they still want me to find her? No way. I am not the first one to talk. This is not my type.

But Chaeyeon has traumatic past with rainy days. That thought hits Hyewon and she sits up on the bed all of a sudden. No. No. No. I can't leave her alone. I have to look for her.

Hyewon thinks and she jumps up from the bed, grabs her things and runs down to the downstairs. She calls the driver and tells him to go to Chaeyeon's house.

She is looking through the blur window on which the rain drops are running down, thinking about the past. It was not too long after Mina Myoui left Korea.

 

 

 

 

~Flashback~

 

 

The O.N.E is at Chaeyeon's house. All the people from Chaeyeon's family are worried as well as busy, looking for the lost Chaeyeon. She has been missing for the whole morning. Her phone is dead, and they can't reach her.

" Unnie, we must find her."

" Yeah. It is also raining heavily. She must have caught a cold if she stays out too long."

" Aunty said she was here before the rain. She must have left not long before the rain started. She took nothing or no one with her. Aish, that Pabo is a real headache."

" Yeah. Let's go split and look for her. Let's find places she used to go."

" Okay."

Yujin, Yena and Hyewon split up and they run to different directions to look for their depressed friend. Since Mina left, Chaeyeon only stays at home. She refuses to hang out with them. She refuses to go down to eat. She refuses to take the exam. Everyone is worried for her but they just let her to take her time for healing.

Hyewon runs down the street and she doesn't know where she is leading. All she knows is she wants to find her friend. She notices that she is near to the stream which is not too far from Chaeyeon's house.

Ah, she remembers this place. It was Chaeyeon's favourite place with Mina. She always talked about how they spend time together here.

" Huh! "

To her happiness, she finds Chaeyeon sitting at the bank of the stream, her body is soaked with rain, shivering, but she is still sitting in the rain.

" Yah! Lee Chaeyeon!!! "

Hyewon shouts and she runs to her. Chaeyeon looks up her with no expression and Hyewon is very worried for her.

" Yah! Lee Chaeyeon! Are you crazy? What are you doing in the rain? Get up! "

Hyewon tries to pulls her up but Chaeyeon doesn't move at all. Hyewon becomes angry and she starts shouting.

" It's not the time to play like a fool. Your family is worried for you. Let's go home. Get up! "

She grabs Chaeyeon's arm and pulls her up. But Chaeyeon slowly removes her hand.

" Kwangbae. I want to sit her for a few minutes."

" Yah! "

" Here, me and Mina chan used to sit. She showed me some dance moves and I showed mine. When it rained, I used my shirt as the umbrella and we ran in the rain. Sometimes, she wanted to play and we stayed in the rain, fooling around. We were very happy at that time. This place has many memories. When the rain started, I feel like I was being called by here so I just came."

Chaeyeon said. Her lips are truning into blue and Hyewon feels very sorry for her friend. She quickly removes her raincoat and she covers it over Chaeyeon's shoulder, hoping that she can give some warmth to her friend.

" Ok. I umderstand. We will talk about it later. Now, let's go home."

" No. I want to stay here for a few more minutes. Plea- "

" Chaeyeon-ah!!!! "

Chaeyeon falls down on the ground, unconcious. Hyewon rushes towards Chaeyeon and picks her on her back, and she runs back to the house where everyone is waiting.

 

 

 

~End of Flashback~

 

 

 

" Right. She might be there."

Hyewon is talking to herself. She is now near to Chaeyeon's house so she tells the driver to change the direction. She instructs the direcrion and finally they reach to the stream.

Hyewon tella the driver to wait here, and she takes out the umbrella. Then she walks in the rain to look around. The rain is raining heavily so her panta are dirty and wet now. But she doesn't care and keeps looking for her friend.

" Lee Chaeyeon!!! "

She tries to call but no one answers. Huh. So she is not here? Where are you, Chaeyeon-ah? Hyewon thinks and sheturns around to go back to her car when she hears the familiar voice.

" Yah! Are you that damp? You came here and looked for me in the rain. And now go back without me? "

" Yah! "

Hyewon turns around to see Chaeyeon. She is wet from head to toe, a little shaking. But still smiling.

" What are you doing here? "

" Aunty called me and told that you have lost. So I came here to have a look. But don't worry. I don't give a damn about you."

" Haha. Funny."

Chaeyeon said and she walks towards the stream. Hyewon follows her and stands beside her.

" So you keep the secret to my special place? "

" Yeah. I told no one about this place. But I have to look for you. Your mommy is too worried. Let's go home."

" I will. I just want to stay here for a few minutes so I came out alone. I forgot to charge the phone so the battery is dead. I am not doing anything stupid."

Chaeyeon said and Hyewon frowns.

"Last time, I saw you here in the rain is lying unconscious. It is not good. Let's go."

" Hyewon-ah! "

She stops Hyewon by calling the real name. Hyewon looks at Chaeyeon and she thinks she sees some tears in her eyes.

" She is back."

" I have heard about it."

" And I am not ok with Sakura."

" Me too. She yelled at me last time I call her."

Chaeyeon laughs. And Hyewon laughs along. Chaeyeon is lowering her head for a good one minute and finally she looks at Hyewon again.

" Plus I have no friend by my side. I feel so lonely and helpless. I feel like a loser. I am feeling like a fool after I had fought with you."

" Yah~ Lee Chaeyeon~ "

" I am not ok. I am not ok when I am not with you. Yah! Kwangbae! I am missing you! "

" Yah~"

" I thought if I left again, you will come and look for me. I hoped you will. I am a real loser. I can't stand without you, chingu-ah."

Chaeyeon said and Hyewon is now with teary eyes.

" Yah! Stop it. You are making me cry."

" Mianhae. I was wrong."

" No. I was wrong too."

" We both are wrong."

" Yes. We were too stupid."

They look at each other and laugh. Chaeyeon pulls Hyewon by the hand and she hugs her tight, making the umbrella in Hyewon's hand falls to the ground, making her soaked with rain.

Hyewon ignores that and she returns the hug. Yes. It is so right. They are meant to be with each other. They are friends forever.

" Mianhae."

" Nado mianhae."

" I am so so so sorry."

Chaeyeon starts crying on Hyewon's shoulder and Hyewon is padding her back as a comfort. She too is now crying beacuse they miss each other so much. These two weeks are like hell for them as they can't talk or see each other.

Chaeyeon removes herself and wipes her tears with her hand like a kid. Hyewon is still staring at her so she asks.

" Wae? Am I too pity now? "

" No."

Hyewon shakes her head. 

" I just want to say Saranghae. Saranghae chingu-ah."

" Yah! Kwangbae! "

And they hug again. They know very well that they can't stay angry too long with each other. They have a very precious friendship and what can destroy it? Nothing.

Friends are everything.

" Saranghae."

 

 

 

Xxx                                        xXx                                           xxX

 

 

 

 

Hyewon and Chaeyeon are sitting at the table amd waiting for their friends to arrive. It has been three days since they have made up with each other. They stayed in the rain too long on that day so they both fell sick. Today is their first day at school after the sick.

" There they are."

Chaeyeon said and she points at Yujin and Yena who are entering the cafeteria with Sakura, Eunbi amd Yuri. Yuri and Yena are holding hands while Yujin is pushing Eunbi and Sakura into the cafeteria.

" Hahaha. Have a seat, ladies."

Yujin cheerfully said while she pulls a chair for Eunbi. Eunbi makes a glare at her but said nothing. She is just looking at Sakura's face, making sure that her friend is ok with the situation. On the other side, Yena and Yuri are in their little world, totally forgetting about them.

" Unnies, as I have promised, I took all of them. Now, talk."

" Thank you, Yujin-ah. We are very willing to say sorry to Saku-chan."

" Yes. We realized our mistakes and we want to make a proper apology to you, Kura-ah. Thanks for coming to us."

" No. I don't want to come from the start. Ahn Yujin here forced us to come. Plus, she told me that you fell sick three days ago. I just feel sorry for you so I decided to meet you. Now, tell me what you want to say."

Hyewon and Chaeyeon look at each other and they smile. 

" We have talked with each other. We are very wrong to fight over you as if you were a thing. We deeply feel sorry for that."

" Yes. Please accept our apology and forgive us, Kura-ah."

Sakura narrows her eyes and she looks at Chaeyeon and Hyewon with suspicious eyes, wondering what they are planning. But finally, she sighs and said.

" Ok. I accept."

" Yay! So can we be all together as uaual? "

" Wait. I have some conditions."

Sakura said and Chaeyeon and Hyewon stops celebrating.

" I know you both like me. Am I right? "

The two girls nod obediently. Sakura also nods.

" Then, I have some rules for you. One, don't tell me 'I love you' or similar words everytime. It is too annoying."

" Alright."

" Two, we are friends. Just friends. I like you both as a friend so there is no cross line before I give you my answer."

" When will you give your answer? "

" Well, this is the most important. I don't know you very well so I need time to think who should I choose. I will check your personal manners and think. Let me take my time. Rule Three, I will give the answer on the Prom night at our last day of high school. Don't ask answer like kids during this time. If you agree, I will let you be my friends again."

Chaeyeon and Hyewon look at each other. They know they have no choice if they want to get Sakura's heart. Plus, it is only three months left to the Prom day.

" Ok. We agree."

" Yeah. Me too."

" Ok. Then it is settled. Now, I have to go class, so excuse me."

" I will walk with you! "

Hyewon and Chaeyeon said in unison while standing up from their chairs. Sakura frowns.

" I don't like to be looked by everyone. I have Eunbi by my side. So don't follow me. Eunbi-ah, let's go."

Sakura said and she links arms with Eunbi. Eunbi makes the last glare at them and the two girls leave the Cafeteria. Yena and Yuri are nowhere to be seen. No one noticed when they left.

Yujin shakes her head while looking at the two disappointing unnies.

" It is not easy to get a girl, I think. Even if you are the O.N.E."