The Kangs

Sakura Fever

*Thud*

*Thud*

*Thud*

" Yah, Kwangbae... can you please stop throwing the ball to the wall? "

Yena angrily said. She is sitting on the bench with Yujin and watching a movie while Hyewon is lying on the bed, throwing the pingpong ball to the wall and catching, and continues.

" Yah! I am trying to cool myself down."

Hyewon said with a pout and she sits up. It has been two weeks since they last saw Chaeyeon and it keeps disturbing her. 

" She is the one who started the fight. And she is the one who left. Why she keeps ignoring us? "

She said with almost shout tone.

" Unnie-ah, let her be. She needs her cooldown time too."

" I don't care. We are done."

She said while taking in the middle of the two friends. Yena frowns as she jumps onto the handle of the bench and hits Hyewon's head with her fist lightly.

" Watch your big ."

" Rude."

" Unnie, what about Sakura girl? I think she is very angry with you two."

" Yeah. That's why I didn't dare to talk to her."

" C'm on. You are ridiculously being a coward. I don't want to involve in this case because you and Chaeyeon unnie are bith after Sakura. But at least, you should make a proper apology."

Yujin said and Hyewon nods.

" Arasso. I will do. But let me check first. Yena-ah, can you call your girlfriend and ask about Sakura? "

" Sure."

Yena happily said as she has an official permission to call to her girlfriend in front of her friends. Well, the O.N.E has forbiddened her to call Yuri while Yena is with them as they can't resist their ageyo-filled conversations. Yena happily dials to her girl and the latter answers as soon as she calls.

" Hi, baby."

" Yena unnie!!! I am waiting for your call. And I am thinking as you don't love me anymore."

" Awww, baby, wae? "

" You didn't call me for a long time."

" Mianaeyo, but I think I called you an hour ago and I said I'm going to Kwangbae's house with Yujin."

" I remember. But I am missing you."

" Jinja? Ok. I am coming! "

" Nae. I am waiting. Love you, Yena unnie."

" Love you, too."

Yena said and she hangs up. She quickly grabs her things and about to go when her friends pull her back.

" Yah! Choi Yena. What are you doing? "

" Yuri wants to see me."

" Pabo-ah, it is not about you and your girl and lovey dovey things between you. You have to ask about how Sakura is feeling about us. Remember? "

" Oh, I forgot. Mian."

Yena said and Yujin rolls her eyes. Yena sits back again and calls to Yuri.

" Hello, Yuri-ah, it's me again."

" Yena unnie!!! Are you calling me while driving? "

" No. Yuri-ah, ummm, I am not coming yet."

" Waeyo? "

" The Kwangbae here is dying to know what Mikashiwa Sakura is doing."

Yujin rolls her eyes again at "Mikashiwa" but Yuri seems she is unaware of the wrong name.

" Ok. I will go ask for you. Please turn on the speaker."

" Arasso."

Yena turns on the speaker and Hyewon excitingly jumps near her. Yuri on the other line asks.

" Sakura unnie. Sakura unnie."

" Yes? "

" Do you remember Kang Hyewon? "

" Yes. What's wrong with her? "

" She wants to know how you are doing."

" I am fine and totally happy before I heard her name."

" Do you hear? "

Yuri said and Hyewon shouts to the phone.

" Yah, Kura-ah, please don't be mad at me. I am sorry and- "

" Kang Hyewon chan, please shut up. I don't want to hear your voice. Don't use our Yuri and try to call me again. Yuri-ah, turn off the speaker."

" Kura-ah!! SAKURA!!! "

Yena pushes away Hyewon while trying to cover her phone speaker.

" Yah! Kwangbae. Don't shout. It will hurt my Yuri's eardrum."

And she continues to talk Yuri on phone.

" Baby-ah, I am coming. Nae. Nae. Please wait for me. Nae. Saranghae."

She hangs up and grabs all her things. And she said goodbye to them and leaves. Hyewon throws herself back onto the bed and staring at the ceiling. Then, she suddenly jumps up and changes clothes.

" Unnie, are you going somewhere? "

" Yeah. Can you give a ride for me? "

" Of course. Where do you want to go? "

" The floral shop."

Yujin looks at her with a wide mouth. Hyewon nods with her decision.

" I want to see her."

 

 

 

 

 

Xxx                                          xXx                                         xxX

 

 

 

 

Hyewon comes out from the car and she waves at Yujin. Yujin asked her when she has to pick her up but Hyewon doesn't want to bother her so she said she will go back with taxi. Yujin drives away after she has said that she will visit Eunbi and asks about Sakura's mind.

Hyewon looks up the shop in front of her. The Velvet Floral Shop. She looks through the glass and she sees a lady of around 30 sitting at the counter and reading a book.

While Hyewon is watching, another lady of around 30 comes out from the back with a vase of flowers in her hand. She puts it on the counter table and hugs the reading girl from behind. The reading girl looks up and the hugging girl gives a peck on her cheek before she comes out of the shop.

She opens the door and comes out, but her steps stops when she sees Hyewon.

" Omo."

" Hi, sister-in-law."

" Hyewon-ah. It's been a long time since we saw you."

She said while hugging Hyewon tightly. Hyewon hugs her back but she needs to breathe.

" Joohyun unnie. I can't breathe! "

" Ah, mian. And my name is Irene Bae, honey."

" Molla. English names are difficult for me to pronounce."

Hyewon said and Irene laughs. She is looking at the girl in front of her with a smile.

" You have really grown up. Go inside. Your sister will be very happy to see you. I have to go to supermarket to buy things for the shop. I will buy some ice-cream for you."

" Nae."

Irene smiles at her and she walks away. Hyewon also smiles thinking her sister is very lucky to possess someone she truely loves and the most wonderful part if the story is that she loves her back too.

" Annehasaeyo. Omo. YAH!! Kang Hyewon! "

When she enters the shop, her sister is so surprised of her arrival and she runs to her.

" Hyewon-ah!!! "

" Unnie, how are you? "

" Yeah. I'm fine. Look, you really grow up "

" Heehee. My height has become the same as you. 163cm."

" Really? Wahhh, but I still think I am taller."

" Unnie!!!! "

" Hahahaha."

Kang Seulgi laughs and she pulls Hyewon by hugging around the shoulder. The Kang sisters sit at the counter.

" Your sister-in-law was out for shopping."

" I know. We met at the door. She said she will buy some ice-cream for me. Hehehe."

" Awww, you two met before me. Hump! "

" Unnie-ah, don't be childish."

Seulgi is smiling and she is looking at her baby sister with loving eyes.

" So, tell me. What's brought you here? "

" I had a fight with Chaeyeon."

" Omo. Jinja? What happened? "

Hyewon pouts and she explains everything. Seulgi sighs at the end of the story.

" Immm. It is difficult to advice."

" I really don't know what to do, unnie."

" Ok. Let me tell you about a story first before I give my advice."

" What story? "

" A story of a love sick fool. Me of course."

 

 

 

 

~Flashback~

 

 

 

" Kang Seulgi. Why you are oppossing us? "

" Appa. Omma. I am not oppossing you. I am telling about my situation."

" What situation? You and that girl? "

" Yes." 

" We didn't send you to America to find stupid love. We sent you to study. And you came back with a low standard girl. What about our engagement with Choi company's son? You are making us ashamed."

" Appa, I never said I will marry him. I am not interested in arranged marriage."

" If you can't listen to us, if you will continue to date that girl, leave. Leave the house. Leave everything."

Seulgi looks at her father. Their eyes meet and they are now glaring at each other. The mother stands up and steps in between them, trying to ease the tension.

" Yeobo, our daughter is just confusing by love. Let her some time first."

" No, omma. I am not confusing."

Seulgi said, confiently.

" I am in love, yes, I love her. But it is not a confusion. I know myself, my mind. I understand my heart. I don't want to marry your business partners' son and build our company bigger. I just want to live happily."

" Happiness means money. You can't be happy when you have nothing to eat, nowhere to live. Your girl just love you because of your money. If you have nothing, she will run away from you."

" She is not that type of girl. She even didn't know who I am. She just loved me because of who I am."

" Huh, love fool."

Her father said, making Seulgi boils with anger. She stands up from the seat.

" Ok, Appa. You want me to leave if I can't marry your friends' son, right? "

" I have my words."

" I love both of you. But I am not interested in your possessions. Please take care of yourselves. I will leave my cards and car here."

Seulgi said and she walks out of the house, ignoring her mother calling for her. She still hears what her father said.

" Let her go. She will come back soon. She is born as a rich. She can't survive without money."

Seulgi tightly fists her hands and increase her pace. Her father has down impressions on her. She can stand without his help. She can make it. She has to prove.

" Unnie, where are you going? "

Seulgi stops when she sees her younger sister runs to her. She is now 24 and her sister is 12. She immediately smiles at the girl.

" Hyewon-ah."

" Where are you going? "

" I am leaving the house."

" Wae? "

" You won't understand even if I tell you. You will understand when you grow up. Take care of Appa and Omma for me."

" I will. But unnie, can you stay? I mean- I don't want you to leave."

" Hyewon-ah, I love you too. But I have to leave. I want to prove I have my own qualifications to stand on my own. I need to get out of Appa's shadow. Be a good girl, will you? "

" Yes. I will."

" Ok. I will call you later. Call me too, if you need help." 

" Nae, unnie."

 Seulgi ruffles Hyewon's hair and she smiles. Then, she walks out of the house with quick, wide steps. Mr.Kang is looking at the scene of the sisters from his window and his face is strict like a stone.

Seulgi doesn't know where to go or what to do. She doesn't want to go to her girlfriend's house, too. Her unnie will blame her if she finds out that Seulgi had a fight with her parents.

Seulgi takes out her phone and browses her contacts and she decides to call her bestfriend.

" Hello."

" Oh, Wendy-ah, it's me, Seulgi."

" Nae."

" I have something to tell you. Can I come to your house? "

" Of course. You are very welcome."

Seulgi stayed at Wendy's house for a week. She needs to make money so her friend, Joy let her to work at her company. Seulgi is very thankful to her friends and she works hard as she doesn't want to go back to her house.

One day, while she is working at her company, Joy called her.

" Seulgi unnie. You have to look at this article."

She takes the newspaper from Joy and reads. It is said that her father had removed her from the family and now, Hyewon is the only daughter of the family and becomes the next successor of the company.

Seulgi smiles.

" I have expected it. My father is this kind of man."

 

 

 

~End of Flashback~

 

 

 

 

" Then, I have to work as an assistant of Joy in her company. Joohyun unnie also finds out what has happened and she told me to come and stay with her. We both work hard and save money as Joohyun unnie's dream is to open a floral shop."

Seulgi continues.

" Our friends lend us some money and they help us to open this shop. We worked hard and can finally give their money back. And now, here we are. We have a peaceful and happy life because of them."

Hyewon is carefully listening to her sister.

" I am not telling you friendship is better than family or friendship is better than love. But friendship is friendship. Good friends are treasure. You really need it."

Seulgi smiles while looking at the picture on the counter, the photo of their gang.

" I really thank to them. I am not here without them. I am not together with Joohyun unnie if they were not with me. Hyewon-ah, friends are really important. You need to learn about it."

She looks at her sister.

" You and Chaeyeon are life-long friends. You are always ready for her, right? I bet she will feel the same as you, too. It is a playful joke of life that you both have a crush on the same girl. But trust me, you don't need to fight. Find out a solution."

Hyewon is lost in her thoughts. Seulgi pads her shoulder lightly.

" Don't ruin the friendship. You need it in your life."

Hyewon smiles weakly. Yes, she doesn't want to fight with Chaeyeon too. And she knows Chaeyeon cried on that day. That girl has a severe depression. What if something bad happens to her? What if she will do something stupid to herself? 

At that time, the door opens and Irene comes back. She puts the bags on the counter.

" I have bought ingredients for dinner too. Let's go home. Hyewon-ah, you have to eat dinner with us. Okay? "

" Nae."

Hyewon said. Seulgi and Irene are looking at each other with love-filled eyes and Hyewon smiles bitterly, with envy heart.

Awww. I miss you, Kura-ah.