First love

Sakura Fever

It has been two weeks since Chaeyeon left the gang. She locks herself in her room and spends her time alone, mostly by crying. She refuses to see Yena or Yujin who keep coming to her house and try to calm her down.

Finally, she feels so stupid of what had happened. And she wants to make up things with Sakura too. She didn't contact Sakura too during two weeks. Well, she has broken her heart with friend. Why she should meet Sakura and get heart broken again?

But today Chaeyeon is thinking differently. She is thinking bright side as if she can make up with Sakura, she can still have a chance. And so she decides to go to school and meet Sakura.

She rides her bicycle to school and waits near Sakura's class. Girls keep giving glances to her wondering what she is doing here but Chaeyeon ignores them.

After waiting about half an hour, she sees Sakura walking to the class with Eunbi. Where is another girl? Her name is Yuri as far as Chaeyeon remembers.

Ahh, may be she is with Yena. Chaeyeon thinks. And she is angry with herself as she thinks about Yena. Why would she think about that traitor? At least, Yena should tell her about Hyewon and Sakura. This is really back stubbing.

Chaeyeon is busy with her own thoughts and she sees Sakura walks passed by her. Sakura sees Chaeyeon is waiting from the corner of her eye but she is still angry with them so she decides to ignore. She walks quickly in front of Chaeyeon while linking her arm to Eunbi.

Chaeyeon runs after Sakura and she blocks them on their way. Sakura turns her face around to the other side while Eunbi is glaring Chaeyeon.

" Saku-chan, let's talk."

" I have nothing to talk with you."

" Please Saku-chan. I know I was wrong. I didn't mean to treat you as a toy. Please forgive me."

" Lee Jjaeyeon. You may be famous in this school but I am not one of your fans. I have feelings too. You and Kang Hyewon fought over me like I am a toy or a food. I don't want to be your friends' crazy stupid catfights' target. And I think you guys just like me as a friend. Now, I am confusing. So. Please leave me alone."

Sakura said and she tries to walk away. But Chaeyeon stops her by blocking the way with her body and Sakura sighs. She looks at Chaeyeon with disappointing eyes and Chaeyeon is staring her back with pleading eyes.

" Saku-chan, I really like you. As a friend or as whatever. Please don't be mad at me."

" Lee Chaeyeon-sshi."

Eunbi steps in.

" Sakura is saying that she doesn't want to be bothered. You and your friend had spoiled with my friend's reputation. And now, everyone is watching us like we are in drama scene. Even if you don't feel embarrassed, we are. So, excuse us if you don't mind."

Eunbi said and she pulls Sakura by the shoulder. Chaeyeon is about to stop them but she controls herself.

" This is not the way."

She murmurs. She is looking at Sakura's back who is walking away from her with quick steps. She them lowers her head and staring at her feet, feeling lost again.

" This feeling. This feeling again. The feeling of being left."

She thinks. Her head seems to explored with thoughts. And she closes her eyes and shakes her head to cool down herself.

I hate that feeling.

 

 

 

 

Xxx                                            xXx                                       xxX

 

 

 

 

" Miss, your father is calling you for lunch."

" I'm busy."

Chaeyeon said to her bulter and she walks up to her room, locks the door and throws herself on the bed, feeling bad.

*Sigh*

She lets out a deep breath and closes her eyes. Why everything is too hard for her? Why she can't get what she wants everytime? Why she has to suffer like this?

*Knock Knock Knock*

" Miss."

" I told you to leave me alone. I want to stay in my room. I am busy."

Chaeyeon shouts back. She turns around her body to her right and facing her back to the door. She is surprised when she hears a key sound and she knows that the door has opened. 

Huh. What happened? Why the bulter can open her door? Chaeyeon thinks. And her face changes when she remembers something. There is only one in this world who has the key of her room.

No. It is impossible. It has been two years that she has lost contact with her.

Chaeyeon hears a footstep. Well, it is not that loud but she is focusing on the sound so she can hear a light sound that appears when her floor is touched. And she can feel someone is sitting on her bed. She thinks she mighy habe fainting attack when she feels a hand on her shoulder.

No. No please.

" Chaeyeon-ah."

Her wish has never fulfilled. A very familiar voice enters her ear. Yeah. She may not have heard that voice over a long time but she will never forget how this voice can attracts her.

" Chaeyeon-ah. What's wrong? "

She puts a little affort and shakes Chaeyeon's body a little. Chaeyeon sighs and she slowly turns around to meet a beautiful lady, smiling at her.

" ......... "

" Hello, little girl."

Mina Myoui said.

 

 

~Flashback~

This is a cloud-less sunny day of beautiful May. 10 years old Chaeyeon is playing with her three friends in their houseyard while her mother's car arrives home.

" Omma!!!!! "

Chaeyeon shouts and she runs to the car to greet her mother who has been on a trip to Japan for a couple of weeks. Her mother is a famous ballet dancer and now she is working as a ballet trainer. 

" Chaeyeon-ah."

Chaeyeon happily hugs her mother and the mother returns the hug. 

" Omma, what did you get for me? "

" Of course, I did, honey. You can unpack them later."

" Yayyy! "

Suddenly, her mother turns to the car and she opens the cardoor for someone.

" Come out, Mina-chan."

Mina-chan? So she is a Japanese. Chaeyeon thinks. And she watches a girl of around 15 comes out from the car. Ok. She is so beautiful. Chaeyeon makes a quick remark. Chaeyeon's mother smiles and she introduces them.

" Chaeyeon-ah, meet Mina Myoui. She will live with us for a few weeks and learn ballet from me. Mina-chan. This is my daughter, Lee Chaeyeon."

Mother said and Chaeyeon smiles shyly at Mina. The Japanese girl bows and she smiles. She is so confident. She doesn't seem nervous or shy.

" Hello, little girl."

 

~End of Flashback~

 

Chaeyeon is staring at Mina's face for a long time and Mina slaps her shoulder.

" Stop staring now and closes your mouth."

Chaeyeon is snapped out of her thought. She quickly gets up from the bed.

" When did you come back? "

" This is the first word you talk to me? "

" What else do you expect? "

" Chaeyeon-ah, I know you are angry with me. But please don't give cold shoulder to me. Hmmm? "

Mina said with a pleading tone and Chaeyeon sighs. How she can get mad Mina for long?

 

 

 

 

~Flashback~

 

 

 

It has been three years Chaeyeon and Mina become close. They are always together. Mina always comes to Korea to take advice from Chaeyeon's mother for her ballet dance moves. Plus she needs to see the kid.

This time, when she comes visit to Korea, Mina only sees Lee's driver. Where is Chaeyeon?

The driver takes her to the Lee house. Mina immediately looks for Chaeyeon as soon as she finds out that the younger girl is not waiting for her like always. She finally finds her just inside her room, locking herself up.

" ChaeChae-ah, what are you doing? Why you didn't wait for me? "

Mina asks and she hits the door.

" ChaeChae-ah, open the door please."

" Go away, Mina-chan."

" ChaeChae-ah, what's wrong? "

Mina doesn't understand what is happening to Chaeyeon and she becomes worried. Chaeyeon frowns as she realises that she is mad at Mina for nothing. The older girl even didn't notice.

" You didn't contact me for two months."

" Ahh, ChaeChae-ah, I was in the training session. I can't use the phone. Now I won the battle and get the first prize. Plus I had an offer from Toei Company to make contract with them."

" I don't care! "

" Really? You really don't care my dream? Ok. I am sad."

Mina said and she sits on the floor, leaning the door, quietly. Chaeyeon who is also leaning the door and talking to Mina can't mad at her for long especially when she senses sadness in Mina's voice.

She sighs and stands up, slowly opening the door. Mina jumps up suddenly and she hugs Chaeyeon tightly.

" ChaeChae-ah, gomei!! "

" ahhh, let me go. I am still angry with you."

" I know you don't."

Mina whispers and Chaeyeon smiles in her embrace. Chaeyeon lets Mina to enter her room and they both sit on the bed. Chaeyeon pulls the drawer and she takes out something from it.

" Here. Take it."

Mina opens her palm and Chaeyeon puts something on it.

" This is my room's key. You can have it. You can come into my room anytime you want."

" ChaeChae-ah."

" I am afraid of open myself to others. But I trust you."

" I know."

Mina said with her usual smile. She knows that Chaeyeon is not giving not only the key to her room but also the key to her heart.

She stands up and pulls Chaeyeon by her both hands.

" Let's dance."

" Ummm? Right now? "

" Yes. What's your problem? Let's enjoy the moment with dance."

Mina excitingly said while Chaeyeon is putting a CD in the player. Mina smiles brightly.

" Dance is something we can express our feelings without words. That's why I love to dance."

Chaeyeon smiles along.

 

 

 

~End of Flashback~

 

 

Chaeyeon smiles bitterly with the memory of their sweet moment in this room. And Mina is now here when she wants least to see her. This is not the time. This is really not the time.

" What are you doing here? "

" I have a concert here. I will live here for a few months."

" Oh, I don't know it is a good news or not "

" ChaeChae-ah."

Chaeyeon hears the familiar nickname for the first time in these years. Ahhh, this is too hard for her. How someone can speak normally to their crush-for-years?

" You are the very first one I run to see in Korea."

Mina said softly. Chaeyeon wanta to laugh out loud or something. This is so funny. Why she has to come to see me first if she doesn't love me? She thinks.

" C'm on, Mina-chan. Don't try to play with me."

" Hey, I was not playing with anyone."

Mina quickly said. Chaeyeon looks into Mina's eyes. These brown orbs are still as cold as ice and as sharp as knives that is daggering through her heart. She is the old Mina Myoui she knows.

 

 

 

 

~Flashback~

 

Two years ago, 15 years old Chaeyeon is waiting for Mina who said they will go on a roadtrip. They have been bestfriends or may be more than this for five years now.

Chaeyeon is a teenager who feels serious about everything. She and Mina are not in the same country. They have to make contact through social medias but Chaeyeon believes Mina has something for her too.

Mina is now 20 and she becomes a famous ballet dancer. She is very busy so she can't give time and meet Chaeyeon. But they keep contacting everyday and Chaeyeon is thinking like Mina is her everything. She always talks to Mina or talks about Mina to her friends most of her times.

Today, Mina said she is coming to Korea. Chaeyeon is excited and happy to meet the love of hers. This is her very first love and she is scared, nervous and excited but she doesn't worry much as she believes Mina has the same feelings.

When Mina arrives with her car, Chaeyeon happily enters the car and Mina drives.

" Where are we going? "

" The beach."

" What! Really? "

" Yeah. I have something important to tell you."

" What is it? "

" I will tell you later."

Mina said and she changes her focus back on the road. Chaeyeon shoves the shoulder and keeps playing the game. Mina plays the music player and they both sing along the songs on their way to the beach which is 2 hours trip from Seoul.

" Come."

Mina pulls her hand and drags her into water as soon as they reach the beach. Today is Monday so there are few people on beach and they can have their alone time.

" Ahhh, Mina-chan."

" Come on, little girl."

They run into water and run around, splashing water to each other, fill the surrounding with their laughs. After playing for an hour, they sit on the sand in exhaustment.

" Hahaha, that was fun."

" Yes."

" So, Mina-chan, what is it? Tell me."

" Hmmm, ChaeChae-ah, I am thinking of dating."

Mina said with a low tone. Chaeyeon thinks like her head is hit by thunder.

" What? "

" He is an old friend of mine. He is good to me too. I think I need to find what love is. And I think it is the time. I want to tell you in person, so- "

"  Wait, you never talked to me about him. I know your bunny. I know your friends. I know your other things. But, but where. Where has he been in your stories? "

" ChaeChae-ah."

" And what about me? I- I think I like you. I do. I really do. I don't know but I want to- aish, I do not mean dating. But I want to take you as my own. Please, Mina-chan, I - "

" ChaeChae-ah."

Mina tries to calm her down. Chaeyeon is so shocked by the breaking news and she doesn't know how to react as it is not something she has expected.

" I thought what I had was real."

" It was. It really was. I swear. And I really like you as my real sister. But ChaeChae-ah, I am sorry. I don't like you as other stuff, you know, as lovers."

" I get it. Stop."

" I am sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

" That's fine. I was too overthinking. In my world, I only have you. I never show my dark sides to anyone except you. Not even my friends. You are the only one who knows my trueself."

" We are different, ChaeChae-ah. It's ok if we are just friends, just sisters. Our differences mean nothing. But in other view, if we were something else, like you said, a couple, our differences will be a problem."

" I don't care. I believe we can make it."

" No, I don't think so."

" Then why you are so nice to me? Why you talked to me all days and nights? Why you called me your stress absorber? Why? Why did you play with me? "

" I didn't play with anyone. You are thinking one-sided all the time."

Mina seems she is pissed off. Her brown orbs meet with Chaeyeon's. They are as cold as ice and as sharp as knives that are stubbing through Chaeyeon's heart.

Chaeyeon turns to other side and closes her eyes. She is trying not to shed tears as she realizes Mina is not the person she can lean on anymore.

She didn't feel the same way as me. She doesn't love me like I do. Chaeyeon nows knows very well that first love stories are always painful.

 

 

 

 

~End of Flashback~

 

 

 

 

" You didn't contact me anymore for years."

" I thought it will be the best for you if I keep my distance from you. At least, you will not be in pain."

" You have hurt me, Mina-chan. I was like a fool at that time. I didn't take the exams. I locked myself into my room and spent my times as a loser for almost a year. I never wanted to hang out with my friends anymore, though they never let me to stay alone. I didn't want to talk to people, afraid of they will mention your name. When my life is sunny again, I have met someone already and now here you are. What are you doing here? "

" ChaeChae-ah, I didn't mean to hurt you. I thought it will be good for both of us if we keep distance."

" Good. I am in the best mode now."

" Don't say like this. I am sorry for what I did. But I didn't date with him for long. I broke up with him not long after. I just wanted to know the taste of dating and your sudden confession made me confused at that time. I am sorry, ChaeChae-ah."

Chaeyeon doesn't know what fo say. Her mental status is at the lowest currently. And so she decided to change the subject.

" I had a fight with the girls."

" Oh, what happened? "

" I like someone and so does Hyewon. We didn't know that we both are after her. And I was angry when I saw them together. And we fought over that girl. Now I didn't talk to them."

" My ChaeChae has all grown up. She said she has someone to love."

Mina whispers.

" Tell me about her? "

" She is a transferred student from Japan. She is so clumsy and a trouble maker. I was always there when something bad was happening to her. And she is the one who makes me laugh truely after you have left. Plus she doesn't see our differences is a problem."

" ChaeChae-ah, I never left you. I always checked what you are doing. I really care for you."

" Care? I don't think so."

Mina sighs.

" I know you will not forgive me. But I want to see you si I come to you as soon as I take a step on Korea land for the first time in two years."

And she stands up. She then looks at Chaeyeon and leans in to give a quick peck on the forehead.

" I am sorry, little girl. I hope you guys will make up soon. It is hurt to see the O.N.E separated."

And she quietly leaves the room.

" Ahhhhhhhhhh."

Chaeyeon grabs the pillow and throws it towards the wall in anger. Why? Why she has to come back and shakes her almost healed world???? Why she has to show up? Why?

Chaeyeon can't take anymore and she cries hard. She wishes she has someone beside her. She feels so alone and hopeless. She feels so lost.

I wish the girls are here like always. Chaeyeon thinks, wishing her friends will come and save her like the time Mina left.

She doesn't know which part is more hurt, Sakura refuses to talk or Mina's surprise comeback or the fight with the girls.