Nine

Missing Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji is having a great time spending the day with Chorong. They were so happy talking and laughing the entire time. It is like they never lost those 4 years of separation. Who can imagine that Chorong, who’s left Eunji on their wedding day 4 years ago, and Eunji hated Chorong for it, now they are so close like nothing has ever happened to them.

They went to watch movie, have lunch, a little bit of window shopping and strolling at the nearby park. Almost 15 minutes walking, Eunji spotted one nice cafe’ at the end of the park and ask Chorong to stop by there to have a coffee together.

“So...why Naeun at your apartment yesterday?” Chorong suddenly ask while waiting for their order to be done.

Eunji chuckles hearing the questions.

“What?” Chorong rolls her eyes at Eunji who is now looking at her with a smirk.

“How long have you waited to ask me that?” Eunji raise her right eyebrow at Chorong with a little smirk at her face. She did sense that Chorong may be bothered by it, last night and has expected for Chorong to ask about that. But after few hours spending time together and Chorong didn’t say anything about it, Eunji thought Chorong may have change or she simply didn’t bother about it anymore. And Chorong just prove how Eunji still know every bit of her with her question about Naeun.

“ugh, you are annoying” Chorong said and caused Eunji to laugh at her. Chorong rolls her eyes again at Eunji.

“She came last night because she want to rant about her colleague who went with her to the business trip. They supposed to stay for the night but because they had a little disagreement, so they just went back once the meeting is done” Eunji start to explain why Naeun came to her apartment last night.

“First of all, it about her colleague. Not that important till she had to come to you in the middle of the night just to rant about it. Second, we have this one thing call mobile phone where she can just call you instead of to come over” Chorong shakes her mobile phone in front of Eunji face to prove her point.

Eunji just smile at Chorong actions. “You know she live alone right? So she usually come to me to rants or complaint about something because she don’t have anyone she can talk to. You know how she don’t have many friends and I’m the only she always talk to about everything and...That’s what we has comfortably did for the past 4 years where when we are not in the good mood, she or me will just go to either of us apartment and have a rants about it, like a little teenage girl” Eunji continue explain how she and Naeun has become each other companion and even closer for the last 4 years.

“Urm....okay..” Chorong seems want to drop the topic now.

“Okay” Eunji continue smiling looking at Chorong. How she never change when something is related to Naeun.

 

 

 

Eunji and Chorong continue spend the day together, talking about their life for the past 4 years. The time flies by so fast without them realise.

“So...where do you live now?” Chorong suddenly ask when she entering Eunji’s car, getting ready to heading back home. She aware that Eunji has moved out from her old apartment where they used to live together and she never ask anyone where she live until now, she ask Eunji herself.

Eunji didn’t immediately drive, she take a glance at Chorong before telling her where she live now. “Why?” Eunji ask. Curious when Chorong suddenly ask about it.

“Oh erm...I just thinking that..Naeun is  your friend and...she can come over anytime. So...I.. can too, right? I’m your friend too, right?” Chorong carefully said. Don’t want to sound like she still bothered by the fact that Naeun is at Eunji apartment last night when the truth is, she is still bothered by it. She just hold herself so badly from continuously asking about it.

“Oh my god” Eunji just can’t believe what she just heard. She laugh at what Chorong said.

“What funny about it” Chorong annoyed with Eunji reaction.

“Park Chorong, how can you never change” Eunji said and trying to control her laugh now. Don’t want to irritate Chorong even more.

“Stop laughing. I don’t know what’s so funny and what is it that I never change?” Chorong slap Eunji arms and rolls her eyes.

“Sorry, sorry. It just - I thought you have done with it. About Naeun. Clearly you are not” Eunji said with a cheeky grin plastered at her face.

“I’m just- it just a question. If you don’t want me to come over then it’s okay. I’m- I’m okay with it” Chorong avoiding Eunji eyes when saying it. Hiding the fact that she want to be like Naeun who can be around Eunji all the time.

“Dammit”

“What”

Eunji turn her face looking at Chorong. She lay back at the driver seat. Still not moving even an inch since Chorong start asking where she live now.

“You are so adorable”

Chorong look deep at Eunji eyes with a bit of blush at her cheeks after that little compliment from Eunji. They were staring at each other for a few seconds. An intense staring that obviously shows how they want to be intimate with each other.

“We-we should heading back now” Eunji move her gaze when she realized the staring has become a little too intense.

“Yes-yes we should” Chorong clear .

With that Eunji press the accelerator and driving off from that place. The atmosphere has become a bit awkward. They both just keep silent.

 

 

 

 

“Where are we going?” Chorong break the silent after almost 30 minutes driving. She realised Eunji is not heading to her house but different road.

“My apartment. You want to know where I live right? You better focus on the road, easy for you to drop by anytime you want next time” Eunji casually said with a smile at her face.

Chorong blush for the second time. Wait- actually she has blushed a few times today because of Eunji.

“Are you teasing me?” Chorong ask. Trying to hide her flustered feelings.

“No, I’m not. I’m okay if you want to come anytime you want. I live alone anyway and it will be fun to have a friend over” Eunji take a quick glance at Chorong while saying that and give a warm smile at the girl.

“Okay” Chorong smiles back. A bit relief with how Eunji react to her nonsense request earlier. She just can’t believe she can be like that whenever it comes about Naeun, even after 4 years, nothing changed about her. Eunji is totally right.

“Okay”

They reach at Eunji apartment and Eunji show Chorong the surrounding area. The take a slow drive in the area so that Chorong can see around. They didn’t stop or going into the apartment because it’s already late and Chorong don’t want to troubles Eunji to send her home even later then now.

 

 

 

 

********************************************

 

 

 

 

“What are you doing here? It’s late already. Don’t you have to work tomorrow?” Chorong step into her house and saw that tall girl sitting at her living room, switching channel at the television.

“Don’t you have work tomorrow too?” The girl raise her eyebrow at Chorong.

“That’s why I’m home now, but this is not your home Hayoungie” Chorong counter back.

“I’ll go after I talk with you” Hayoung patted the empty space beside her at the couch she’s sitting.

“What so important that you can’t just call me or wait till tomorrow?”Chorong ask once she take a sit beside Hayoung.

“I called you several times, but you are not answering my call”

“Oh, sorry. I forgot I put my phone on silent” Chorong look at her phone and saw a few missed call from Hayoung and a few text message from her friends. She put her phone on silent when she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter