Six

Missing Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji tapping her finger at the steering wheel, hoping it will reduce her nervousness. She has been in her car for almost half an hour. Still couldn’t find a courage to get out from her car. 

All night long she’s been thinking about Chorong and Naeun. She have to meet Naeun and at the same time, Chorong wanted to meet her. She’s hesitating to meet Chorong but for Naeun, she need to meet her. She can’t let a small problem to ruin her friendship with Naeun. She had enough with people leaving her.

“Five minute more” she tell herself. In fact she’s been telling herself the same things over and over again since 15 minute ago. Don’t know why she feel so nervous all of sudden.

“Ah whatever. Let’s get this over with” Eunji finally make up her mind to step out from that car and head over to where she intent to go.

After a few minutes walking and a minute in the elevator, here she is in front of the door of the condo owner. She takes a deep breath and press the bell.

“Why are you ringing the bell? You know the passcode” a voice coming from the intercom.

“Hai Naeun, I’m not sure if I can just barge in” Eunji said with a little nervous in her voice. She decided Naeun is more important and she cannot go any longer without talking to her.

“Just press the passcode and come in. I’m too lazy to open the door for you” Naeun said.

Eunji follow the order. In a few seconds she manage to come into the condo. She saw Naeun standing at the kitchen counter.

“Want a juice?” Naeun casually ask while she’s pouring the juice into the glass.

“Yes” Eunji said while her mind still thinking on what she’s want to say to Naeun. 

“So you come here because Namjoo ask you to or you really want to be here?” Naeun hand over the glass of juice to Eunji and take a sit at her couch in the living room. Most of her ordered furniture has arrived and her living room is livelier compared to before.

“Yes Namjoo did ask me to come but no, I’m here not because of her. I wanted to meet you and apologise but I just feel so guilty to meet you and afraid you don’t want to accept my apology” Eunji couldn’t dare to look at Naeun. She know how harsh she sound when she’s mad at Naeun the other day and she know how hurt Naeun is with her words.

“Please sit. I feel uncomfortable with you standing there” Naeun pat a space beside her for Eunji to sit.

“I’m sorry Naeun. I really am. I know I shouldn’t accuse you like that. I’m so stupid for saying things like that to you” Eunji immediately apologise after she take a sit beside Naeun. She’s holding Naeun hand hoping Naeun can feel her sincerity.

“Yeah it is hurt. You sound like I am the reason of you and her became like this” Naeun look Eunji who can’t lift her head.

With that words from Naeun, Eunji immediately lift her head and look at Naeun.

“No, please don’t think like that. I didn’t mean it like that and I didn’t mean any of what I said that day. It just- seeing Chorong so sudden there- I just...it bring back all the memories and the heartbreak she caused me- I..I’m sorry. I lash it out at you” Eunji being so sincere. She really is guilty for getting so mad at Naeun over a small things when the one she really mad at is Chorong.

“I’m sorry too for not telling you that I met her at the realtor office” Naeun apologise too.

“I guess it’s for the best. My emotions maybe become unstable like that day if you tell me about it. So it’s understandable”  Eunji said. She did think about it, why Naeun didn’t tell her. And she come to a conclusion where she agree with what Naeun did. She maybe still not ready to meet Chorong or talk about her even after 4 years.

“You know, I’m almost wanted to slap her when I met her. I was so angry when seeing her looking okay and pretend like nothing happened after what she did. That is why I don’t want you to meet her but I know you both are bound to meet again someday. Not my call to stop that” Naeun remembering her feeling when she saw Chorong the first time after four years.

“I’m so thankful to have you in my life. You always think about me. I don’t know what will happen to me 4 years ago if you are not there. I’m so sorry for yelling at you when all you did was thinking about me” 

“Hey enough with the sorry. I forgive you. It to not talking to each other. I miss you” Naeun smile at Eunji. Assuring that she is okay and forgive Eunji.

“I miss you too” Eunji feel the burden is lifted. She have her best friend back.

“Naeun ah..” Eunji want to talk about Naeun feeling to her. She thought she’s ready and done with pretending to know nothing.

“Yes?” Naeun waiting for Eunji to say what she wanted to say.

Eunji pause for a few second. Looking deeply at Naeun.

“Erm...you- I- erm I think..” Eunji stutters.

Naeun look at Eunji. Waiting for Eunji to finish her sentence.

“Chorong texted me, ask to meet” Eunji end up talking about Chorong. She thought she’s ready but she suddenly don’t know when she’s in front of Naeun. She don’t want to hurt her and thinking to accept Naeun, but at the same time she still not sure if that is the right thing to do. Suddenly she have a thought if she accept Naeun but can’t give her happiness, wouldn’t that hurt her more? So she’s thinking to put it aside for now. She need more time to think it through.

“Oh” Naeun simply respond.

“Sorry” Eunji blame herself for suddenly talking about Chorong when originally she want to talk about them.

“Why are you apologising again?” Naeun confuse.

“It just, we are in bad term because of her and now I’m talking about her again” 

“You know I don’t mind about it and you should talk about it . What you shouldn’t do is keep your emotions to yourself. Especially when it comes to anger and hatred. It can be bad if you keep on bottled it inside” Naeun point her finger at Eunji chest where the heart it. She means it is bad to keep everything inside her heart.

“Yes...so, what do you think? What should I do?” Eunji ask Naeun suggestion about it.

“You really shouldn’t ask me that Eunji. You should know yourself by now if you are ready to meet her or not. If you want to see her or not. But seeing how you thinking about it and ask me, well..I think you already have your answer” Naeun want Eunji to make decisions based on her own feelings not because of her.

“Am I?” Eunji still doubt about her own feelings.

“Yes” Naeun stand up and make a move to her kitchen. She put the empty glass in the sink.

Suddenly Naeun phone ringing with a caller name shows ‘YB’. The phone is at table in the living room where Eunji is right now.

“Naeun ah, who’s YB?” Eunji take Naeun phone and hold it up, shows at Naeun.

“Huh?” Naeun walk closer to Eunji. Didn’t really hear clearly what Eunji said because the phone ringing a bit loud.

“Oh no one important” Naeun quickly take  the phone from Eunji once she saw the caller name. She then reject the call.

“Why are you reject that call? is someone stalking you? bothering you?” Eunji curious and a little worried too looking at Naeun action. Since school days, Naeun always got a lot of admirer and some of them even became a stalker. Followed Naeun around and secretly taking her photo. Eunji just thought of it and thinking if she's experience it again. With Naeun beauty, it is not a surprise anymore.

“No, nothing like that. Don't worry. I just call back later” Naeun said not looking at Eunji.

“Erm, Wanna have lunch together?” Naeun change the topic. 

“You cook?” Eunji look at Naeun with an unbelievable eyes.

“Since when I can cook? I mean lunch outside, as usual” Naeun said.

“Oh hehe sure. Lets” Eunji chuckles, don’t know why she thinks that Naeun will cook.

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter