Eleven

Missing Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of Namjoo crying can be heard on the other side of line. Eunji is taken aback by it. That’s the only sound she heard after she answer the call and it makes her panic.

“Namjoo, what’s wrong? Are you okay?” she ask with a little nervousness can be detect in her voice.

“Unnie...” Namjoo continues wailing after that one word.

“Yes Namjoo, takes your time. Tell me slowly what’s happened” Eunji tries to calm Namjoo down when she herself almost lose it because of worrying about Namjoo.

“I’m at hospital now...”

“What?! Are you okay?!” Eunji completely lose it. She cut off Namjoo sentence when she heard about hospital.

“Yes, I’m okay. But- Hayoung...unnie- drunk driver..”Namjoo sobbing in between.

“What the ?!” again Eunji cut off Namjoo in the middle of telling what happened.

“Text me which hospital. I go there now” with that, Eunji hang up the call.

Eunji didn’t take long to grab her things and leave her office. Once she received the text from Namjoo, she send a text to all their friends informing about Hayoung is in hospital right now.

 

It took Eunji almost half an hour to reach the hospital. She straight away go to the ward where Hayoung is. Namjoo has texted her all the details so it’s easy for her to just find the ward without have to go to the reception.

“Is she...o-“ Eunji said while opening the ward door. But her word were cut off by what she sees in front of her.

“Wait- didn’t you in accident? Why you look okay?”Eunji confuse.

Once she open the door, there’s Hayoung at the hospital bed, sitting with her left legs and arm wrapped in bandage. But she doesn’t look in pain or in bad condition because she is now playing games at her laptop.

“Who said I’m in accident?” Hayoung ask back. Looking back and forth at Eunji and Namjoo who is sitting at the chair beside the bed.

“Namjoo said you got hit by a drunk driver” Eunji said while shifting her eyes between Hayoung and Namjoo. Looking for an explanation.

“And she cried like you are dying when she called me earlier” Eunji continue and pointing her finger at Namjoo.

“No, I didn’t”

“Yes, you did”

“Unnie, you should know by now how dramatic your sister is” Hayoung interrupt the two sisters.

Eunji give herself a faceplam and glare at Namjoo. “Tell me what happened actually”.

“I didn’t get hit, but almost” Hayoung begin to explain once Eunji take a chair to side beside her bed.

“Then, how this is happened?” Eunji pointing at Hayoung broken leg and arm.

“I manage to see the car coming and avoided it. But it happened to be in the area where it have a huge drain. I avoided the car and fell into the drain and this happened” Hayoung shows her broken leg and arm.

“You makes me panicking so much. Why you told me she’s got hit?” Eunji said to Namjoo.

“I didn’t. You are the one who hang up on me before I finish telling you about it” 

“Then why are you sobbing like she’s dying”

“Any scratch on Hayoung is the same as dying to me. I hate to see Hayoung injured like this” She said while on the verge of crying again thinking about Hayoung.

“Awhhh babe, you are so sweet, cares about me like that” Hayoung caress Namjoo cheeks.

“Ugh, gross. So dramatic. I really thought Hayoung got into serious accident. You guys scare the out of me” Eunji actually relieved that nothing serious happened to Hayoung.

 

Almost 10 minutes after that, Naeun came with her worried face but shows the same expression as Eunji was once she saw Hayoung. The three of them has to explain again the situation to Naeun to clarify the misunderstanding about Hayoung accident.

Few minutes after, Chorong comes with Bomi. Then the explanation session start again.

“You shouldn’t cut her off when she’s trying to tell you about this”

“You should hear how she sobbing like Hayoung is dying”

“Then, you should be the one to calm her and listen to her until finish”

“That’s why I cut the call short and immediately came here, to calm her down”

“You makes me panic, you know”

“I’m panic too when I received her call”

“Guys, please. I’m okay” Hayoung have to stop the two of them. Chorong is accusing Eunji the one responsible to makes they all be in panic and Eunji defending herself that Namjoo is making she assume worst things has happened.

“Hey why don’t you all go get something to eat instead of just keep bickering here? Or maybe you all can go home and come back tomorrow. It’s late already and this is hospital, you may interrupt other patient” Namjoo trying to get everyone out from that ward.

“You are the main reason we all almost got panic attack, you know” Eunji still don’t want to back down.

“Okay let’s leave them alone” Naeun step in to avoid them bickering about the same topic all over again. Naeun pull Eunji out of that ward while Chorong and Bomi just follow along.

“You guys want to follow us? We may want to stop for a little supper” Eunji turn her head, look at Chorong who is walk side by side with Bomi. Both of them just follow Eunji and Naeun since they exit from Hayoung ward.

“emmm..” Chorong look at Bomi. Want to know if Bomi okay to follow Eunji and Naeun or she want them to go separate way.

Bomi just shrug. “I’m okay with anything”, she said.

“Emm, okay. If you don’t mind us to join you”  Chorong said to Eunji and look at Naeun if she comfortable they joining them. Because looking at their history together, she and Naeun not in a good term since the last time they met. So Chorong afraid Naeun is not comfortable with her be around Eunji.

“I’m okay too” Naeun said, link her arm with Eunji’s and continue walking to the car park.

 

 

+++++

 

 

“How are you?” Naeun start the conversation once Chorong and Eunji leave the table to make an order. They decided to just hang out at the fast food restaurant because it's  late at night already.

“I’m good” Bomi give a short answer to Naeun. Find it a bit awkward with just the two of them considering what happened between them.

“It’s been a while since we last talk. I hope you are not mad at me anymore” Naeun said. Her finger fidgeting over the end of her sleeves and her eyes not looking at Bomi. She still can remember Bomi confession and she’s hoping Bomi will not bring up that topic again because she still not sure how to respond to that.

“I’m not-“ Bomi take a deep breath

Naeun bring her gaze up to Bomi. Not believe t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter