Eight

Missing Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayoung resting at the couch inside the hotel room once they check in. Tired after spending time at the flea market just now. While Namjoo still got energy, taking out all the stuff she bought at the flea market and starting to try on the clothes and handbag she bought.

Hayoung oddly quiet the entire way from the flea market to the hotel just now. They did talk a bit but after that she seems deep in her own thought. And now she just resting at the couch without saying much. Namjoo can feel that her girlfriend is bothered by something; otherwise she will be so talkative.

“Why are you suddenly quiet?” Namjoo ask without looking at Hayoung. Eyes fixed at her newly bought stuff.

“She seems familiar…” Hayoung suddenly said. She’s not focusing at her girlfriend who is busy trying her newly bought clothes.

“Who?” Namjoo ask. Still not looking at Hayoung.

“The girl Naeun unnie kissed with just now” Hayoung said. Her face shows how hard she tried to recognize that person but it seems nothing come to her mind. She just saw the girl figure and unable to have a closer look at the person and her face. But somehow she feel like she saw her before.

“You know that girl?” Now only Namjoo focus at Hayoung. She quickly takes a sit at beside Hayoung.

“I don’t know. Her figure seems familiar” Hayoung got that crease between her eyebrows, tells that she really is trying to recall all of human being she ever met and maybe she can find out who that girl is because she pretty sure she met her before.

“If you think she seems familiar, than you must have met her before” Namjoo thinking the same as Hayoung.

“Yeah, but I’m not sure who. Too bad we’re not able to see her face just now” Hayoung still trying to remember every single one person she ever met in her life.

“Try remember anyone you met recently or maybe anyone who is close with anyone you know” Namjoo pushing Hayoung to recognize that girl. She’s so eager to know who that girl is and if Hayoung can remember who she is, she don’t have to wait till Naeun tell her and it give her a little bit peace at mind because she can be bothered by it during the entire their vacation until she know who that mystery girl is.

“I’m trying, Namjoo. But no one come into my mind” Hayoung said.

“Try harder!” She pushes her girlfriend again with her eyes getting wider. Excited to know who the girl is.

“Okay Kim Namjoo, chill. You’re starting to scare me."

“But you still love me, baby”

“Of course. You are my sweetest dreams but…also my nightmares” Hayoung girlfriend and “ah!” she earn a smack in her forehead.

Namjoo just grinning looking at Hayoung rubbing her forehead.

“OH MY GOD! Namjoo ah” Hayoung grab Namjoo hand. Her eyes opened so big, surprise at her own memory recognizing who that girl is.

“What? Don’t scare me” Namjoo move a bit distant from Hayoung. Surprise that Hayoung suddenly screaming like that.

“I think…I think I know who that girl is” Hayoung said but still not sure if that is the person Hayoung thought she is.

“Really? Who?” Namjoo move closer to Hayoung. Eyes glinting, can’t wait to know who the girl is.

“But I’m not so sure if she is who I thought she is. It just she is the closest one that match with figure of the girl earlier” Hayoung said.

“Okay, put aside that thing for now. Just tell me who you think she is. Do I know her?” Namjoo getting impatient.

“No you don’t know her. I never tell you about her”

“Who?”

Hayoung look at Namjoo. Namjoo patient has gotten slimmer. She squeeze Hayoung hand, wanting her girlfriend to tell her immediately.

“She is...”

 

 

 

 

*********************************

 

 

 

 

Naeun walk away from that place once Namjoo and Hayoung make their way out from the market area. She’s no longer have the mood to stroll at the market and maybe her mood has ruin for the rest of the day.

“Is that Hayoung?” The girl who walk beside her ask.

Naeun immediately turn her head facing the girl, her face clearly surprise with the question “You know Hayoung?”

“I’m- I’m not sure if that the same Hayoung, but she sound exactly like Hayoung that I know” she’s a bit taken aback with how surprise Naeun are with her question.

“So who is this Hayoung that you know?” Naeun can feel her palm start sweating. Nervous.

“Her surname Oh I think. Oh Hayoung” The girl said.

“Oh Hayoung?! !” yes what she afraid of has become reality. She can’t believe it is the same Hayoung.

“Hey- hey..why? What are you nervous about?” The girl surprise at how Naeun react hearing Hayoung name.

“The two girls’ just now- they are Namjoo and Hayoung. Oh Hayoung that you know” Naeun start telling the girl beside her who the two girls that interrupt their kissing just now.

“Oh…okay- so, I know Hayoung..why- why you don’t look pleased about it” the girl ask, not sure the reason of Naeun behaving that way.

“Hayoung is Namjoo’s girlfriend. And Namjoo is a step sister to the person that I really like” Naeun stop walking and turning to that person to explain. Her facial expression asking that person to get what she is trying to say.

“Oh..okay..” She didn’t reply much. Probably understand what Naeun trying to say.

“How you know Hayoung, anyway? I thought you just got back from living in London for how many years again?” Naeun totally ignoring the disappointed expression that clearly shown in the girl face. She knows the reason behind that disappointment but she decided to ignore it and she believed that girl also know why she did that.

“4 years. And I know Hayoung from my friend actually. I just met her once I’m back here. Apparently they are so close and even their family is friend with each other. That is how I know Hayoung. So…. you close with everyone related to your crush huh?” The girl explained and at the same time still can’t let go the disappointment of Naeun has a huge crush on someone and close with her crush’s sister.

“Yoon Bomi, I’ve told you about it. I like her a lot and this- this is just a- a lil fun between us” Naeun finger pointing at her and that person, Yoon Bomi, indicating that what happened between them is not something serious.

Bomi is a one of project manager in an advertising company that has been doing a lot of advertising for Naeun company. Their companies have a few years long contract between them where the company Bomi worked for is in charge for every advertising that Naeun’s company required. Naeun worked in a sport wear company and she is in charge for all the marketing and PR. So basically she is in charge to oversee all the advertising for her company and that is how she met Bomi, the new person in charge that she will meet often from now on.

Naeun saw how Bomi look at her when they first met and she know that woman has interest on her. But little did she know Bomi will do something about it and not hesitate to show it in front of everyone in the advertising team and her team too. Now everyone encouraging Bomi to win Naeun heart and Naeun don’t know what to do and trying her best to ignore the teasing. At some point it annoys her so much. However it does not mean she hates Bomi and anyone who encouraging her. Sometimes she just play along with the teasing when Bomi not around. But that’s it, she never speak to Bomi besides than the topic about work until this one night where the beginning of what happening to her and Bomi right now.

 

 

+++++

 

 

“How about we all go for dinner and have drinks after that. And since Bomi has join us now, we all can get to know her better over a drink. Don’t you all agree?” Someone in the room said.

Naeun lift her head immediately. Surprise with the sudden suggestion to go for a dinner and drink. It’s not like she had any plan after this but she just want to go back and rest at home after a long day at work she had today. Besides, she don’t feel comfortable around Bomi since she openly shows how attracted she is to Naeun.

Bomi was so bold and Naeun don’t know if she intentionally did that or it is just accidently slip from that she said “You are so gorgeous” to Naeun in front of everyone when they first met last week. Since then, everyone is teasing them and encouraging Bomi to go after Naeun and it is also because of Naeun has been single since forever. Yes, Naeun’s coworker, never saw Naeun with anyone before. That is true though. Her last boyfriend is when she is in college. They dated only for Naeun to keep her mind off of Eunji after Eunji dating Chorong and it last only a year. A one whole miserable year for Naeun pretending to like that guy and she decided to call it off once she realize how it is not fair and how mean for her to do that because that guy is sincerely like her.

“That’s sound great. I would love to get to know you all better” Bomi said with an excitement can be heard clearly from her voice and her eyes directly looking at Naeun.

Naeun know what that means. Bomi only excited that she can have a drinks with Naeun outside their workplace and have a casual conversation after Naeun has rejected her invitation to go out before.

Naeun stand from her chair. Picking up all her stuff and getting ready to go out from that big meeting room. She open to make up an excuse so that she can escape from the sudden company dinner.

“No Naeun, you cannot skip this dinner. You have to come” Naeun didn’t even get to say a word before her boss interrupt her. Looks like she cannot escape this time. She can see Bomi is grinning from her seat. She obviously not hiding it.

“Okayyyy” Naeun said, dragging her word. She then leave the meeting room with a heavy heart because she have to go to the dinner with the team and Bomi’s team.

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey” Bomi approach Naeun. They are done with dinner and all of them is just having a drinks. Naeun didn’t answer Bomi. She just nodded. She really doesn’t have the mood to entertain whoever trying to flirt with her right now.

“I’m sorry- sorry for making you uncomfortable” Bomi take a sit beside Naeun. Doesn’t give up on trying to have a conversation with Naeun. And the apologies from Bomi did caught Naeun attention. She is now turning her head looking at Bomi but still not saying anything.

“I should correct all of this since the start but I just let them tease us. I mean, I really want to be friend with you. We are going to be working together for a long time and I don’t want you to hate me or maybe starting to hate your job because of me”

“I don’t hate you” Naeun finally said something.

“You don’t?” Bomi face clearly shows that she surprise with what Naeun just said.

“No, I don’t. I just uncomfortable with all the teasing and it just seems not going to stop. Ever. It’s irritating but not to the point where I hate you. Nor I like you, to be honest” Naeun be totally clear with how she felt about Bomi and it is a surprise for her to be that honest when she really never wanted to speak with Bomi before this except for about work.

“Ouch, you gave me little hope there for a second” Bomi playfully put her palm at her heart, jokingly shows she’s hurting with what Naeun said.

“Well, don’t blame me. I’m not the one who make things awkward between us” Naeun take a sip of her drinks. Wondering how can she suddenly feel comfortable to be talking to Bomi right now.

“Okay okay that’s my fault. But I’m so glad that we are talking right now and amazingly not talking about work or you are leaving me and let me talking by myself here” Bomi chuckles remembering how she tried to talk to Naeun before at the office pantry. But Naeun totally ignore her and just leave her talking alone at the pantry.

Naeun just shrug her shoulder. Still wondering why she haven’t left yet when all this while she didn’t take a second to walk away from Bomi whenever she come close. Maybe the alcohol make her stay, that’s what she conclude with.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter