Ten

Missing Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What should I do?” Naeun just stare at the cup of hot coffee in front of her. Her right index finger circling the cup.

“There’s nothing you can do. Just let her be and follow whatever she want”

“But we work together. It’s going to be so awkward. People going to notice something is going on between us”

“Obviously something is going on. You can’t avoid it forever, unnie. People going to know about it sooner or later”

“Yeah, to you and our friends only. Not my colleague. There is no reason for them to know”

“Why didn’t you think about that before you start all this ‘friend with benefits’ with your workmate”

“I agree to tell you all this for you to help me, Kim Namjoo” Naeun glares at the girl.

“What is there to help? You want to continue having with her? What did you expect to gain from doing that actually?” Namjoo trying to understand why Naeun decided to have a fling with her workmate and more importantly, Naeun is not that type of girl who likes to sleep around with random people.

“Namjoo ah – actually I.. I like – how to say this..” Naeun hesitating to say what she want to say to Namjoo. Didn’t know if she should tell her or not.

“Who you like? Bomi or my sister?” Namjoo look straight at Naeun. She can predict what Naeun want to say and just cut it short with Naeun hesitating to say it. She know Naeun likes Eunji but now Bomi suddenly come into picture, she want to know if Naeun still like her sister or not.

Naeun completely shock with what Namjoo just said. “You knew?”

“About your feelings to Eunji unnie? Of course I know”

“But- how?..”

“It’s so obvious, Naeun unnie. So now, you still like her?”

“Wa-wait..did- did Eunji know?” The one thing she afraid the most. Eunji figured about her feelings towards Eunji.

“I don’t know. She never mention about it” Namjoo decided to lie. She promise Eunji to not say anything about it to anyone. One thing about Namjoo, she may seems like a busy body but she never break her promise. Secret will remain a secret if she already promised not to tell anyone about it.

“I really don’t want her to know”

Namjoo just shrug her shoulder. “Unnie, you didn’t answer my question yet”

“About what?”

“What makes you start having casual with Bomi and did you still like my sister?” Namjoo still curious about it.

“I like your sister a lot...and you know those 1 week that we have a fight about Chorong, it pissed me how she mad at me about Chorong, me who stay with her when she almost lose her life because of Chorong. I know it’s partly my fault but I’m still mad and I needed a distraction. Then Bomi come and keep on being nice to me, wanted to be my friend. That is how I got an idea to have a fling with her. I didn’t know any of our friends will know her and she’ll end up to like me for real. I just want to have a casual with no string attached. So I can use it to distract me. I thought- she stayed in London long enough for me to think she is open for that kind of thing” Naeun explaining her original intention in having the casual with Bomi.

“But you never like it and you are not that type of woman, unnie”

“I know. But Namjoo- until when..until when should I just let myself suffer by liking someone who never like me back. Maybe..maybe that is why I decided to did this- all these things that I never did before.” Naeun look at Namjoo hoping that the girl can understand her. Namjoo is the only one she can talk to about this now because she caught her with Bomi before. Part of her feel relieved that she can talk to someone about that and obviously she don’t have much friends and can’t tell Eunji about it. Namjoo is her saviour for now.

“Sorry unnie” Namjoo suddenly apologizing.

“Why are you apologizing? You didn’t do anything wrong to me”

“I should have known how hard it is for you. Sorry for knowing about your feelings but not doing anything to help you” Namjoo love Naeun. She love Naeun like her own sister. She do love Chorong but she don’t mind if Eunji end up with Naeun and not Chorong because she know how kind hearted Naeun is and how patient she be around Eunji when Eunji was so down few years back. But she don’t want to meddle with who Eunji choose as her life partner because at the end it’s all about a person heart, Eunji heart. She can’t force anyone to like someone. But after what Naeun said, maybe she should have confront her sister, Eunji sooner just to end the suffering that Naeun experienced now.

“Hey it’s better for you to not do anything, coz I’m actually a bit scared thinking to actually hear the rejection from her own mouth. So yeah, it’s better this way” She did thinking to confess her feelings to Eunji few years back but to imagine that Eunji will turn her down directly to her face, scared her, afraid it will ruin the friendship. So she decided to leave it this way. Just keep her feelings to herself.

“So you will never confess your feeling to her? You don’t want to take your chances of maybe she will like you back?”

“Will she?” Naeun look deep in Namjoo eyes, hoping for her slight chance that the girl will say that Eunji may like her back.

Namjoo move her gaze from Naeun. She herself doesn’t have the answer to that question and she doesn’t want to lie or giving false hope to Naeun.

“See, you also don’t have the answer for that. Don’t worry about me. I have decided it’s time to move on and find my own happiness.” Naeun giver her sincere smile to Namjoo and take a sip at her coffee.

“and you mean by happiness..is it Bomi?” Namjoo raise her right eyebrow. Analysing Naeun expression.

“Hey, do you think my feeling is like an object that I can toss away and pick a new item for me to like? Don’t be ridiculous.” Naeun hit Namjoo shoulder lightly.

“I’m just saying. Who knows right? Maybe she is your answer to your happiness”

Naeun pause, stares at Namjoo for a few seconds.

“Bomi...I don’t know…I just feel oddly comfortable after spending some time with her. Maybe because she is someone who doesn’t know me, like a stranger who doesn’t know my history, so it makes me feel comfortable to talk about anything, knowing that she will not judge me or pitying me…”

Naeun pause to take another sip of her coffee. “Let’s stop talking about this”

“Okay. Just, don’t break someone else’s heart while finding your own happiness okay, unnie” Namjoo agree to drop the topic.

“I think one heart already broken”

“I think…its not broken yet, maybe bent a little” Namjoo wink at the girl.

“What do you mean by that?”

“Nothing. Just keep apologizing to her, okay”

 

 

 

*********************************

 

 

 

Bomi pressing the button at the remote control, switching from one channel to another. Don’t know what she’s looking for. More like she’s not even aware of what she is doing now.

“What’s with her?” Hayoung nudges Chorong. Chorong is cutting the fruits, now turn around to look at where Hayoung looking at.

“She’s so out of it and awfully quiet too. Usually she will crack a stupid jokes, but today..she does not look like her usual self.” Hayoung continues.

“Yeah, you are right. Why didn’t I realize it earlier” Chorong just notice the different in Bomi behaviour.

The three of them at Chorong house now, spending the Sunday evening hanging out there. Hayoung is the one who ask to come over after Namjoo said will spend time with Naeun and she has no other plan and decided to just hang out with Chorong. Apparently Bomi also had the same idea and said its been some time since the last time she met Chorong and Hayoung. So here they are at Chorong house and having a tea time together.

“You wanted to hang out but you lost in your own world. Mind to share what is bothering you?” Chorong put down the fruits just just cut at the table in living room and take a sit beside Bomi at the couch.

Hayoung followed and sit at the single couch near them. Not sparing a single glance at Bomi because she can feel it might be Naeun’s related and she afraid her face will show that she knows everything. She had promise to Namjoo to not speak anything of it and she didn’t have any plan to disobey the order.

Bomi takes one of the fruits and take a bite of it, “nothing bothering me. I’m trying to look for something interesting to watch” she continues switching the channel.

“Bomi unnie, you make me dizzy. Just choose one channel already” Hayoung said, stole a quick glance at Bomi.

“Um? Oh-ohh, sorry” Bomi then put down the remote control.

Chorong look at Bomi then look at Hayoung, “why I feel like you both so awkward with each other. Is it me or s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter