Four

Missing Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback to 4 days ago

 

“Naeunie?” Naeun heard someone called her. A familiar voice that has been years since she last heard it. It may has been long but, she still recognised it. 

Her heart beating a bit fast. She know that voice but she don’t want to believe it. She’s hoping it is not that person. She bring up her gaze to where that voice come from.

“Cho-Chorong?” Is not a question. She know her. But somehow it come out from like she asking, asking if it really her. How she hope so badly that the person in front of her right now is just someone who look like Chorong but not really Chorong.

“How are you?” Chorong find her courage to make a small talk with Naeun. When she saw Naeun there, she can’t help herself from calling her but now she kind of regret of doing it because Naeun doesn’t look like she’s okay with seeing her there and she understand why.

“I’m good” Naeun reply with a short answer. Still can’t believe her eyes.

“Why- how...what are you doing here?” Naeun try her very best to be calm, suppress her emotion.

“Same as you I guess. Got appointment with the real estate agent” Chorong sound so soft. She notice the awkward situation between her and Naeun but they are at the real estate office. She don’t want to create any drama in there. So she thinks with her soft voice can at least bring down the tension.

“No- I mean..here, in Korea. Why are you here?” Naeun voice start to sound a bit strict. Her gaze so sharp looking directly at Chorong. She’s obviously not liking what she see and what situation she is in right now.

“I’m moving here. I’m back..for good, I guess” Chorong take a sit a the opposite couch. She start feeling very much uncomfortable. 

“Good for who?” Naeun voice has mixed with anger. She no longer can have the conversation with a calm manner.

“Naeun..” Chorong can feel her palm start to sweating. 

“How stupid I am to ask you that question. Of course it’s for your own good. Same with 4 years ago right? It’s for your own good also. No one else matters” Naeun cut Chorong sentence and sound sarcastic when she’s talking.

“You don’t know what happened!” Chorong starting to sound firm too. She don’t think it’s good to be nice any longer when Naeun clearly doesn’t respond the same way.

“Enlighten me then” Naeun counterattack. Naeun cross her arms and leg. Act like she’s ready to listen to Chorong excuses.

Chorong shakes her head. She don’t want to tell Naeun her reasons. At least not now and not to her.

“How-How is she?” Chorong wanted to change topic but somehow that question slip from . The question that she’s dying to ask the moment she saw Naeun.

“No-stop” Naeun raise her hand. Naeun is now has stand up from the couch that she’s sitting since she arrived there.

“What makes you think that you have the right to act like this? Act like nothing happened, ask that question? You-don’t. I’m done with you” she’s taking her handbag and wanted to go out from that office. Bailed on her appointment.

“I know you always have feelings for her. And I believe it’s not just a little crush, it’s...love-you love her” Chorong said. She’s hurt by Naeun words and wanted to hurt her too by stating the fact that she knew from the first day she met Eunji. But Eunji never see her that way, Naeun is Eunji forever best friend. And she know Naeun has keeping it secret from everyone including Eunji but Chorong can see it in her eyes and the way she care for Eunji. So she thinks by revealing this can make Naeun flustered and tone down her madness at Chorong.

“How-why does it concern you? Don’t make this about me” Naeun grab the door handle. Not looking at Chorong face at all and leave that place.

 

 

 

“Naeunie, I’m sorry. This time it’s not my fault. I’m stuck in a jammed” Eunji saw Naeun has stepped out from the real estate office. She quicken her step to meet Naeun.

Naeun doesn’t reply Eunji at all. Her head is so messed up after meeting Chorong and the fact that Chorong know about her secret feeling.

“Hey, just remember I love you and please don’t be mad at me” Eunji thought Naeun is mad at her.

“No I’m not. It’s okay. I cancelled the appointment” Naeun grab Eunji hand and pull her to be far from that office area.

“Huh? Why?” Eunji confuse. They supposed to go through the contract again today after they made some changes.

“Got urgent things. Let’s go” 

“What urgent things?”

“Just-nothing. Stop asking me so many questions” Naeun turn around to face Eunji and asking Eunji to just follow her.

Eunji just nodded and take them to her car and drive away from there.

 

“Care to tell me what is your urgent thing?” Eunji asking again the reason why Naeun cancel their appointment.

“Nothing. Please stop asking” without her realise, she raise her voice to Eunji. A bit harsh.

“Okay” Eunji stole a glance at Naeun while driving and continue driving without further questions to Naeun.

“Sorry-I met....” she’s thinking whether should her or should her not...

“Who?” Eunji being impatient and interrupts.

“forget it. Can we go to Seoul Forest? You are not going back to office right?” And Naeun decided to not tell Eunji about what just happened in the real estate office just now.

“Now? It’s quite far, don’t you think?” Eunji surprise with Naeun sudden suggestion.

“I have cancelled the appointment and I think there’s nothing in your schedule anymore right? So, why not? Please..” Naeun trying to convince Eunji so she agree to go to Seoul Forest right now.

“Yes I have nothing to do now and we can go there, but...Naeun ah- is something bothering you?” Eunji place her left hand at Naeun right hand. Hold it, figuring what is it bothering Naeun.

Naeun is the type when she’s in a mess up situation or when she needed to clear her thought, she always want to go to a calming and peaceful place like the beach, forest, mountains etc. So when Naeun suddenly ask to go to Seoul Forest, she figured that something must bothering her right now.

“No, nothing you should worry of” Naeun squeeze Eunji hand that hold hers, reassure Eunji that nothing is bothering her when it is all lie. But she don’t think Eunji should know about it. She decided to let it be. Eunji maybe meet that women again one day but, not now. Naeun make that decision for Eunji.

 

 

+++++

 

 

Naeun open the the apartment door. Seunghee gave her the passcode to the apartment after she politely ask her permission. She know Eunji is there. She have to be with Eunji at time like this. Eunji asked to be left alone but she know Eunji too well to not let Eunji be alone otherwise Eunji will buried herself in the darkness of her sorrow. She can’t let that to happen.

“Hey” Naeun said once she saw her best friend sitting at the right side of the bed, in the dark inside the bedroom, alone. Her heart breaks looking at her cheerful, bright, strong friend be in that despair.

“Naeun ah” Eunji can feel a hot tears starts running down her cheeks.

Naeun walk towards her friend. Sit beside her, pull her into a hug. A tight, warm hug that she wish can ease up a bit of her sorrow. She patted Eunji backs.

“I’m sorry” Naeun said.

“I want her” Eunji said in between her sobbing.

“I know” Naeun has witnessed those two peoples love story since they first met. She saw how deeply in love Eunji and Chorong are. She herself confused with what just happened today.

“Why...why is she left me? Did I do anything wrong?” Eunji release the hug and look at Naeun, hoping Naeun have the answer for all this.

“Eunji, how I wish I have the answer for you. And please don’t ever b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter