Twelve

Missing Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong stare at the woman who is lying, sleeping at the couch in front of her. Blinking a few times, clearly didn’t expect to see that person there.

“Eunji” She said softly and gently poking at the woman shoulder.

No movement. Not a single sign that she bothered by the poking.

“Eunji” Chorong raise her voice a bit and shakes Eunji body.

“Em..” Eunji answer with a minimal movement.

“Eunji, wake up” Chorong tap Eunji shoulder.

Eunji stretch her body with her eyes still shut. Then she rub her eyes, “Chorong?” She ask with her eyes half open.

“Yes. Why are you here?” Chorong ask. Confuse why Eunji is there.

“Why are you here?” Eunji ask back.

“I thought Hayoung is alone. So I came” Chorong came to Hayoung and Namjoo apartment because she remember Hayoung told her that she will be alone for 2 days. Namjoo have to work out of town and Hayoung ask if Chorong is free to spend some time with her. But she have other things to attend to, so when Hayoung ask before, she said she maybe cannot come. Since it’s finished early, she decided to just straight away come and hang with Hayoung. She never thought that Eunji will be here too.

“Namjoo ask me to play with Hayoung”

“Play? She’s not a kid” Chorong chuckles hearing Namjoo ask to play with Hayoung.

“I know right. But she really use that word. She said Hayoung has become like a kid since she can’t do much with her arm and leg broken.”

“That spoil brat. And Namjoo just put up with it?” Chorong shakes her head listening about Hayoung.

“Namjoo love that kid like crazy. And Hayoung said this is the only time she can be like that without putting much effort to make Namjoo treat her like a queen. In conclusion, they both weird and in love. So..Whatever..” Eunji shrug. Didn’t really care on how Hayoung and Namjoo handle their relationship as long as it is not causing harm to each other.

Chorong just nodded. “Where’s that kid now?”

“In her room. Sleeping. After spending almost all of her time playing game only”

Chorong look at Eunji. Giving a judgemental look.

“Hey, she already in front of the TV and playing game when I came. Don’t you dare blame me” Eunji know Chorong want to say that she being there just to be Hayoung game buddy.

“And you didn’t stop her”

“What you expect us to do in this house? We are bored” Eunji lowered her head. Admit defeat.

She rolls her eyes with Eunji excuses. “Why are you sleeping here? They have guest room right?”

“I watched movie after Hayoung went for a nap. Then I got sleepy and lazy to go to the room. So I just sleep here” Eunji said while stretching and fixing her messed hair from the nap she had.

“What’s that?” Eunji look at the paper bag holding by Chorong.

“I’m thinking of making dinner. Pasta. Simple and easy to cook” Chorong walk towards the kitchen counter and pull out the stuff she brings fromj the paper bag and arrange it at the kitchen counter.

“Can I help?”

Chorong turn her head. Raise her eyebrow at Eunji.

“Hey, you know I can cook”

“I didn’t say you can’t”

“Then, what with that look?”

“You’re going to make a mess. You know I hate it and you will purposely do it just to irritate me. I know you too well”

“Cause you look cute when you irritates at me” Eunji making a face, mocking Chorong.

“Don’t come here. Just sit there” Chorong give her a glare.

“Ah Rong..sorry, sorry. I promise not to make a mess and just follow your order. Please Chorong, I’m bored. Let me help you” Now she’s begging after annoyed Chorong.

“Fine, okay. Here help me cut these vege” She put the vegetables aside for Eunji.

“Yeay” Eunji face light up and skipping her step towards Chorong like a little kid.

“That’s why I love you…” Eunji stop. She really didn’t think before say that.

Now both Eunji and Chorong look at each other. Awkward, total awkward between them No one saying anything. Few second passed that fells like hours.

Eunji swallow her saliva even though she’s pretty sure all liquid in her body has dried up because of the awkwardness.

“These..these vege need to be wash first right…” asking the obvious. Eunji scratch her head and move towards the vegetable. Try her best to pretend that she didn’t say what she just said.

“Oh- yes..yes. Wash first then cut it” Chorong stutters a bit. Not sure how to react on that situation and she’s a bit relieved that Eunji change the topic immediately.

They both continue with the cooking in silent.

“What pasta are you making?” Eunji break the silent. Can’t stand to be in that dreadful, awkward situation any longer.

“Seafood aglio olio” She answered then pointing her finger at the sink “You have to help me clean that clams also”

Eunji look at the clams, “did you know I’m here before you came?”

“No. If I knew, I wouldn’t ask you why you are here earlier. Why?”

“Don’t you think it’s kind of a lot for you and Hayoung?” Eunji point her finger at the clams inside the sink.

“I was thinking to invite you for dinner here too. That’s why I bought that much”

“oh..so whether or not I’m here, you still going to invite me huh” Eunji smirk thinking that Chorong thought of inviting her.

“You live alone. So I just thought to ask you to join me accompany Hayoung if you free. Seems like you can read my mind even before I invite you” Chorong explained.

“Well, here I am. What a luck I have today to get free dinner”

“Yeah, your luck”

“It’s been awhile since I last eat something that you cook. I hope it still taste good” Eunji tease the girl.

“Hey, I cook and give you free food. Don’t you dare to judge it. And yes, it is obviously still good” Chorong give another glare at Eunji.

“Okay. Hey I’m just joking. You holding a knife there. Please spare my life” Eunji had both her arm in the air. Kind of regret to tease the woman when she’s holding the knife. Not that she thought Chorong will kill her or anything, just looking at Chorong with a knife right now scare her.

“Can we just cook in peace? I know this is going to happen” Chorong just shakes her head.

“Hehe, sorry Rong. Are you sure we can finish all this?” Eunji ask when she look at all the ingredient. She just realised after she look around the kitchen. Chorong bought a lot.

“If we can’t, I can bring it home or give it to Bomi”

“Oh, don’t worry. We can finish all this. I and Hayoung is hungry as now. I don’t think we can have any leftover for you to give Bomi” Eunji quickly say.

Chorong look at Eunji who is now clearly avoiding her gaze. She just chuckles and shakes her head look at Eunji.

“She’s my friend, Eunji”

“Yes, I know” she turn to look at Chorong, “I’m your friend too.” Eunji give a look that is hard to understand.

“Yes..yes, we are friend” it’s Chorong turn to avoid Eunji gaze.

“Let’s just cook” Eunji and Chorong back at focusing with their cooking.

 

 

“Can I taste it?” Eunji walk to the stove area. Standing beside Chorong who is now stirring the pasta so it can season well.

“You really are not trusting my cooking skill anymore?” Chorong look at Eunji unbelievably.

“No, no. I just really hungry right now. Can I have a bite, please..” Eunji begging, making a pity face so Chorong will give her a taste.

“Grab a fork”

“Oh yeah!” Eunji exclaimed. Excited to have a taste of that pasta.

“Oh god, this is so good” Eunji practically moan over the pasta she just put into .

“I’m not sure it because of I’m too hungry of this pasta just so good” Eunji continue.

“Hey, it is because the pasta is good and I cook it well”

“Okay, yes you cook it very well. When can we eat it?”

“We have to wake Hayoung up first. Gosh, you just has one roll of pasta and you manage to spill it all over you” Chorong grab a kitchen towel and use it to wipe the mess at Eunji shirt and mouth.

Not realizing that they are getting too close with each other, Chorong keep on wiping Eunji mouth and Eunji just let her be. It was until they can feel each other breath. Chorong slowing her hand movement when it reach Eunji lips. Eunji suddenly tense at the touch. She swallow the ramining pasta in .

“Rong…” Eunji not able to say any further before Chorong lips meet hers.

“So-sorry..” the kiss doesn’t last long. Chorong pull away immediately.

But Eunji hand quick to stop Chorong from moving further away from her. She kiss the woman again. Even deeper.

**ding dong**

The doorbell sound interrupt the two woman.

“” Eunji mutters. Surprise by the sound of the doorbell, she push herself away instinctively from Chorong.

Eunji and Chorong trying to catch their breath. None of them saying anything. Just staring at each other. The doorbell keep ringing but it not bothers the two of them.

“For god sakes why no one answering the door? Eunji unnie?” Hayoung is awake from her sleep because of the doorbell keep on ringing.

“Ha-hayoung..you up?” Eunji said once she heard Hayoung voice.

“Yes. Didn’t you hear the doorbell? Oh, Rong unnie. When did you come?” Hayoung just saw Chorong at the kitchen with Eunji.

“Earlier. When you sleep” Chorong avoiding everyone eyes and turn to look at the pasta she made.

“Oh okay..” She can feel something is happening. Chorong act oddly.

“God, are we expecting someone else? Who is that at the door?” She’s become annoyed at the doorbell that keep on ringing since then till now. She go to her intercom to see who is coming.

“Eunyoo unnie? Why is she coming here?”

“, I forgot about her. Let her in” Since Hayoung at the intercom already, she ask Hayoung to let the guest in from the intercom.

Eunji then rush to the door to welcome her guest.

“Who?” Chorong ask Hayoung after she saw Hayoung seems to know that person.

“Jo Eunyoo. Eunji unnie assistant who is also practically Eunji unnie ‘office wife’”

“Office what?” Can’t believe what she just heard.

“Oh..” Hayoung look at Chorong face. She looks curios and a little uneasy with what she just said. “They are close and that’s what people at their office called them” Hayoung explain.

“How do you know that?”

“Namjoo told me. I met her few times before with Namjoo and Eunji unnie”

“Oh..I forgot that Namjoo work at the same company with Eunji…”

“Hey, they just friend. You don’t have to worry”

“I’m not”

“But you look like it..more to..jealous?”

“God, I’m not jealous. We just friend and she can be with whoever she want”

“Careful of what you say, don’t regret it later” Hayoung mutters quietly. More to herself.

“Huh?” Chorong nudge her. Didn’t hear what Hayoung just say.

“Nothing” Hayoung just shakes her head.

 

 

“What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter