One

Missing Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback to last night 

 

Eunji throwing her clothes everywhere. Looking for her phone. She can hear it ringing but she can’t find it anywhere near her. 

Her rooms is a mess. So many stuff here and there and she couldn’t find a time to clean it all up and arrange it properly before. 

“Waittt!” Eunji has become impatient and screaming to the phone which she don’t have any idea where is it. It is ridiculous to scream to the phone that obviously not gonna reply her or do what she said but she’s not in her right mind because she has turn the room upside down just to find her phone.

“There you are” Eunji finally found her phone under the piles of papers at the table.

“What takes you so long to answer my call?” The person from the other line said once Eunji pick up the call.

“I couldn’t find my phone. It’s a mess in here” Eunji said while looking at her room. How messier it has became compare to before.

“I’ve told you to tidy up your room before, right?” Clearly the person who’s on the phone with Eunji now know how messy Eunji room is.

“Yeah I know. I’ll do it today” Eunji said realise she really need to start tidying up her room.

“Hey, can we meet tonight? I miss you” the caller voice has softened.

“I miss you too Rongie. But you know we can’t see each other a day before our wedding ceremony right? You know how our parents are so strict with the traditions” Eunji said, missing her fiancée too.

Eunji is engaged to Chorong, a girl who she dated for 2 years before they decided to get married. Tomorrow is their big day. The day where both of them will tie the knot. The day where they can call themselves a wife to someone. The day where they promise to be together through thick and thin.

Due to the tradition, they can’t meet or see each other a day before the wedding ceremony. They are not really religious or really care about the traditions but not their parents. So they just follow whatever their parents want about the traditions. According to them, the bride and groom will lose the wedding glow if they meet the day before and to avoid all the bad luck they gonna get and ruin the wedding. This tradition has been passed down to many generations and all the family members who married, did the same during their time. 

Due to the traditions, Eunji is now staying at hotel room alone. She’s staying at the hotel where the wedding will be held, together with her family, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephew. Everyone from Jung family is staying at the same hotel. For Chorong, she’s at her own apartment which is only 15 to 20 minutes from the hotel. She’s now with her sister at the apartment and her family members some of them stay at the same hotel with Eunji and some of them rented a villa for the whole family to stay together for the wedding. 

So Eunji and Chorong just follow along with the traditions and they thought it’s not a big deal since it just 1 day before the wedding day. But somehow they miss each other so much that night and Chorong feel like she want to meet Eunji even just for a short time.

“We can meet secretly without letting them know” Chorong trying to persuade Eunji to meet her.

“Rong ah, you know my parent’s room just beside mine. And my aunts and uncle all stay in this hotel too. They are like everywhere. I don’t think we can meet up without bumping into them” Eunji said.

All their family busy with the wedding preparation and going in and out from the hotel, getting ready for the big day tomorrow and some of them drinking at the hotel lounge. So yeah, it’s hard for Chorong to come by or Eunji going out without not meeting any of the family members. 

Eunji herself is so busy with her last minute preparation where there are additional family members who is coming with a last minute notice. So she have to rearrange the sitting list with the wedding planner. 

Then she have to meet all her aunts and uncle who has been few years since she last met them. She’s busy going here and there and every time she went back to the hotel room, it is mostly for her to clean up and changing clothes and to sleep only. Because of it, she just throw her clothes everywhere when she change clothes and it has became a mess in her room. Also she is busy with writing her v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter