Fourteen

Missing Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tell me again, why are you here?”

“To help you packing”

“Again, I’m almost 30. I know how to pack”

The woman moves mimicking the latter. “You know how to packing but you are too lazy to do it until the last minute”

“I still get it done and Naeun, you are not lifting even one finger to help me. So…that excuse is bull” Eunji put down the pants she just folded into her suitcase and look at the woman who is lying at her bed.

“Last week you said you miss me, so I came to hang out with you. I’m guessing if I’m not doing this, you going to miss me even more when you at your parents later” Naeun has roll onto her stomach to face Eunji.

“It’s just for 3 days. I don’t think I’m going to miss anyone. It’s not like I’m going to other country”

“Whatever just let me hang out here” Naeun roll herself back with her back at the mattress, playing with her phone.

“Okay, but can you at least help handing me my clothes from closet. It’s tiring to stand and sit, then stand again to grab another”

Naeun turn her head to look at Eunji, “the closet is just there” Naeun point her finger.

“You said you come here to help me. So either you come here and help or go back to your condo” Eunji jokingly threaten the woman.

Naeun squint her eyes and shakes her head looking at Eunji. She slowly rolls out of the bed and walk towards Eunji, “Which cloths you want?”

Eunji grins. She knows Naeun will help her instead of just walk away.

“Have you told Chorong?” Naeun said after a few seconds in silent helping Eunji packing.

“About what?”

“The anxiety, that you seeing a therapist now”

“Do I have to?” Eunji stop whatever she’s doing and look at Naeun.

“You said you love her, don’t you think you guys need to talk?”

“I don’t know if she still loves me. So, is it necessary to tell her something that can make her feel worst about herself? She’s going to blame herself for my illness”

“Your therapist said it can be cure right?, as long as you have a strong will to fight. So she don’t have to blame herself and you can be with her”

“Tell me honestly, did you really think it’s going to be that simple?” Eunji ask.

Naeun pause for a few seconds, then she let out a heavy sigh. She knows Eunji’s right. It is not that simple. She can only say but to actually tell Chorong about it will definitely not going to be easy.

“I don’t even know if she loves me still. So, better not to tell anyone about it for now”

“But please tell your family at least. You know supports from family always play important part when in this situation. I bet your therapist will agree with me” Naeun know even she did her best to be help for Eunji in curing her anxiety; it will always be different from the support she will get from her own family. Especially her mom.

“Yes, I know. I’m planning to do so this weekend while I’m there. But..Namjoo and Hayoung will be there too. I’m not ready to let so many people knows.”

“Just tell your mom if you not ready for the others to know. You will feel a lot more relived when your mom knows about this and you can easily ask for her help” Naeun try her best convincing Eunji to tell her mom about her anxiety.

“Yes, I will. Don’t worry” Her mother has been her big supporter all this while. She knows she will need her mother support and help to get better. Only her mother knows her the best.

Naeun just nodded and they continue with packing. They end up re arrange Eunji entire closet.

“Naeun..” Eunji start the conversation again after they are only focusing on re arranging the closet for a few mins.

“Hmm?” Naeun hum her respond.

Eunji doesn’t say anything. Naeun turn to look at Eunji after a few seconds of silence. “Eunji?”

Eunji didn’t look at Naeun. Eyes focus on the shirt that she’s folding.

“I..” Eunji hesitates. “I knew something. And… I’m not sure that I’m supposed to know about it or not..”

“About what?” Curious but Naeun didn’t really pay attention to see the hesitation at Eunji’s words.

Eunji bring up her gaze to Naeun that is now has go back to arranging her closet.

“Who are you ing with?” Eunji blatantly ask.

“Huh? What?!” in a flash, Naeun turns her head looking at Eunji. She’s obviously surprise and confuse with the question. A bit nervous, wondering if Eunji knew.

Eunji look at Naeun, not saying anything for a few seconds, “who are you ing with?” she repeat the question.

“ing as in…screwing someone over? Cause..I’m not that kind of person..” she’s stalling, trying to calm herself and convince herself that Eunji knows nothing.

“I went to your condo few weeks ago. Wanted to hang out with you. Then…I saw you kissed someone at your door, so I just cancel my plan and walk away from there”

“What?!-you what?” Naeun can feel her face going very pale now. Eunji saw her with Bomi. Her mind went blank.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” Eunji ask.

“You..you saw me?” No one answer anyone question and keep on asking each other. Looking for a clear picture of what Eunji saw.

“Yes, but I didn’t see that woman face. I just walk away without looking much. I don’t want to interrupt you. Who is she? Do I know her?”

“No-no one..why..why didn’t you said anything  about this earlier?” part of her relieved that Eunji didn’t saw Bomi face. It will be a lot of explanation she need to do if Eunji know who is it that she kissed.

Eunji shrug, “You didn’t tell me anything about it. I’m waiting for you to say something” She look at the women in front of her, yes she is waiting for Naeun to tell her about it but it has been too long and she’s dying to know. That is why she brought it up now.

“Oh..It’s no one. You don’t have to know”

“No one? Really?”

“Yeah. That is why I didn’t tell you about her”

“Are you sure? Cause I saw you twice with the same woman” Eunji said nonchalantly. Not realising that her words makes Naeun panicking once again.

“Are you stalking me or what?” Naeun can’t believe that Eunji saw her with Bomi more than once.

“You are the one who is kissing in public, it’s not my fault if I happened to be there and saw it” It is true tho that she didn’t know that she will saw Naeun there last week with the same woman.

“How do you know it’s the same woman?”

“The height and hair is same even though I still not manage to see that person face and..cause I know you are not the type to fool around and obviously not fooling around with a lot of people.”

“What type of woman I am then?” She’s hoping to divert the topic slowly by asking question not related to woman she’s kissing that Eunji saw.

“You fall in love, Naeun. You never do anything that you don’t like and in this context now, it’s either you really like that person a lot or you has fall in love” Every single words sputters from Eunji mouth hits Naeun like a sharp knife stabbing her.

 “No..no..it really is nothing. You shouldn’t be bother about it” Naeun avoiding eye contact and denying everything that Eunji said about her.

“I’m not bothering by it, I just curious why you didn’t tell me” Eunji look directly at Naeun. Looking at the flustered face in front of her.

“Because it’s nothing. It just for fun. We didn’t do anything” She lied. Naeun don’t know why she scared to tell her best friend that she’s sleeping with Bomi without any string attached. Maybe now is not the right time even though Eunji already caught her.

“Okay...just..be careful” Eunji said with a deep meaningful look.

“Hey it’s not like I’m doing anything dangerous” Naeun let out a nervous chuckles at Eunji. Not sure why Eunji said that but she gave a looks that is hard to read.

“I know...just be careful, please” Eunji almost pleading.

“Okay weirdo” Naeun just shrug off Eunji weirdne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter