Five

Missing Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bomi open the refrigerator, taking out a bottle of orange juice and pouring it into a glass. Then she turn around and facing the living room. Take a sip of the orange juice. Then she stop, her gaze fixed at the person in the living room.

“You make me dizzy, Rong” Bomi finally said something after quite a long time she just leave her in her own world.

“Erm?” Chorong bring her head up and looking at Bomi.

“Stop circling at my living room and Rong- you going to make a hole at your phone with your staring” Bomi point her finger at Chorong phone.

“Oh, sorry” Chorong just realise what she’s been doing, then she take a sit at the couch.

Bomi walk over to the living room and take a sit at the couch, beside Chorong.

“You are waiting for a call, a text or- you want to call someone?” Bomi take another sip of her orange juice. 

Her living room have a 2+3 couch only because she just moved to the condo. Not even a television. So not many stuff in her condo yet. Her eyes wandering around her condo, thinking what else she needed to fill up her condo besides than the necessities.

“Eunji” Chorong back to staring at her phone and not giving attention to Bomi.

“Huh?” Bomi’s head immediately turn to face Chorong. 

“Hayoung said- Eunji - well, I think - what do you think? Should I call her or just text her?” Chorong head has been preoccupied with a thought of Eunji all day since she met Hayoung few days ago. Hayoung did have a good point and she did make her think about it for several days already. She think maybe it’s time. Time to confront Eunji.

“You want to meet her?” Bomi ask. Still focus at Chorong who her eyes still fixed at her phone.

“Should I?” Chorong finally bring her gaze looking at Bomi.

“Should you?” Bomi put down her glass of orange juice at the floor near the couch because she don’t have a table yet. So floor is her only choice to put that glass down.

Bomi adjust her body to fully face Chorong and grab her hand.

”Rong, I’ve told you before. I can’t even rememberer how many times already I told you to meet her, tell her everything” 

“But- I...I don’t deserve her” Chorong look at Bomi.

“Nothing happened Rong. Nothing makes you not deserve her. And obviously she deserve an explanation after all these years you left without any word” Bomi convince Chorong for how many times already, she can’t remember, ask Chorong  to tell Eunji everything.

“But it almost happen Bomi. That enough to make me traumatised” Chorong can still remember everything that happened that night.

“I know, I’m sorry for saying like it’s nothing when I’m the one who should know better how it traumatised you. But- Chorong...you know yourself very well and you know she’s the one you can rely the most at that time. She definitely going to do her best to heal you from your trauma and she won’t mind any of it” 

“Yes that’s what makes it is not fair to her. Why should she settle for me when she can get someone better”

“You are that ‘someone better’ Chorong. No one can be better than you for her” Bomi look deeply in Chorong eyes. Hoping she can finally convince Chorong to at least tell the truth to Eunji.

“That was 4 years ago Bomi. Now-She..she hate me. I think we are never meant for each other” Chorong turn her head, avoiding Bomi gaze and looking at her phone again. Looking at Eunji name in her contact list. A number that she save as ‘Eunji ❤️’. 

Apparently, Eunji still using the same number as per Hayoung and Chorong never delete or change the contact name. When she scroll over her contact list and found Eunji name with a love emoji, she felt all the emotions she used to feel when she was with Eunji. All the memories of her keep on coming back.

“Do you still love her?” Bomi ask. She never ask that question to Chorong before. But now, she feel like she need a confirmation. Confirmation about Chorong feelings.

“I-Honestly...I don’t know. Meeting her the other day definitely makes me feels like what I used to feel before, but- I’m not sure if it is a temporary because of our memories or- I don’t know, really” Chorong can’t really figure out her own feelings even after 4 years separated from Eunji. But she did felt nervous and her heartbeat increased rapidly when she saw Eunji the other day and it remind her what she used to felt when she saw Eunji the first time.

 

 

 

 

+++++

 

 

 

 

Eunji just finished with her group discussion. She walk into library, looking for someone at the area that a bit secluded from the others. 

When her eyes finally found the one she’s looking for, a smile forming at her face.

There is Chorong who is sitting alone with the table full of her books, doing her assignments. 

Chorong has texted her earlier that she will be at library and also informed her where she sit at because Eunji said wanted to meet her after her group discussion.

Eunji went over to Chorong. Don’t want to interrupt Chorong, she quietly take a sit at the seat opposite from Chorong.

Chorong bring up her gaze from her laptop to Eunji and she give her a smile and say hi.

“Continue with what you are doing” Eunji said and take out her ear phone to kill some times with playing game at her phone while waiting for Chorong to be done with her work.

“Okay” Chorong nodded.

Chorong back to what she’s doing. Eunji put down her phone, don’t feel like want to play a game anymore when her eyes stuck at Chorong. She look at Chorong who is so immersed in doing her assignments. Scrolling here and there in the Internet at her laptop, looking for her writing materials. That’s what she thought.

If has been 2 months since they first going out. It more like casual relationship where they meet up after class, went to gym together, sometimes stay over in each other apartment and have . Never thought of putting a label to the relationship. Neither of them ever said about it but they know they like each other and like the presence of each other in their life.

“Is pizza okay for you?” Chorong suddenly ask and makes Eunji realised she stare too long at that girl in front of her.

“Pizza?” Eunji ask back.

“Yes. I’m feeling pizza for dinner today” Chorong turn her laptop and shows choices of pizza menu to Eunji who is looking so confuse now.

“You look so serious and immersed just now for this?” Eunji point her index finger at the laptop screen.

“Yup. I’m done getting my writing materials and looking for food while waiting for you here” Chorong said without have any expression and continue scrolling the menu of pizzas in her laptop.

Eunji chuckles listen to Chorong. She really thought that Chorong so focus on her assignments but to her surprise, she just looking at food.

“What?”

“You didn’t say anything when I said ‘continue with what you are doing’ earlier. You know how to be playful huh?” Eunji give a smirk at Chorong.

Chorong just shrug her shoulders and ignore Eunji. Still focus at pizza menu at her laptop.

“So pizza? Okay?” Chorong ask again.

“Yes dear. Im okay with pizza” Eunji rest her chin at her palm with her arm as a stand to support her head. Looking dearly at the girl who is eyes wandering around cutely at her laptop.

“Let me see. Erm...this, no..this? Ugh. Babe, what you want?” Chorong ask still not looking at Eunji, focusing on what type of pizza she want to order.

“Up to you” Eunji gaze fixed at Chorong.

“I don’t understand why they put pineapple at pizza. I mean-the sweet taste mix with meat-ugh, weird much? Who come out with this. I tasted it once, but, nah not my taste” Chorong blabbering about the pizza topping, scrunching her nose when thinking about the taste of pineapple at pizza but still not aware about Eunji that is staring at her, amuse with whatever Chorong did.

Eunji chuckles hearing Chorong going on and on about pizza.

“You like it? I mean pizza with pineapple?” Chorong finally look up at Eunji and meet with a sweet looks at Eunji face. Eunji just look at her with a loving eyes without saying anything.

“What?” Chorong wonder if anything that makes Eunji quiet.

Eunji pause. She tilt her head a bit. Eyes still not moving from Chorong face.

“I love you”

Both of them freeze. For like a few seconds, no one said anything. Eunji just realised what she just said few seconds after she said it.

“I..” Chorong wanted to say something.

“Sorry. I- forget that I said that. I mean- I don’t- no, I do love...no, I like you a lot. Erm..”Eunji stutters. She can’t believe that 3 sacred words can accidentally slip from when they both never really have a conversation what kind of situation or relationship they are in right now.

“Don’t be sorry. Eunji- I- that..that was amazing. That- I..you are- Eunji” Chorong still processing what Eunji just said and she is surprised with that sudden confession. She couldn’t really arrange her word properly.

“Sorry- Rong- you..you settle everything here. I- I’ll wait at outside. I just- okay. You want anything? No? Okay- I’ll be at the bench outside okay” Eunji face flushed and she flustered by her own action. She quickly grab her stuff and bag and dash out from that library, ignoring Chorong who call for her.

A few eyes are on them because they mak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter