Chapter 4(1)

The Dragon and The Enchantress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong’s Pov:

 

Urghhhh…..I feel like my head is blown into million pieces. I have a terrible headache. Maybe, pulling my head off my shoulders will help me reduce the pain. I feel powerless, tired and heavy. I could not move my hands, my head or my body. After what felt like eternity I tried to open my heavy eyelids.

 

I slowly started blinking, desperately trying to open my eyes to see my surroundings. Where am I? Why can't I remember anything? I squinted in an attempt to sharpen the blurred images before me and scrunched as bright light sipped through my tired eyes.

 

As the blinding light slowly subsided I could finally take a look at my surroundings.

 

My mouth was dry and I smacked my lips a few times. I was laying down, in what seemed like a bed and took in the deserted, brightly lit green and white coloured walls around me.

 

It seemed like my senses were coming back to me one at a time, as if my brain’s going through some kind of reboot. First, my hearing came back "online", the beep beep sound ringing in my ears and I slowly turned my head towards the source of the noise. The muscles in my neck were stiff and sore. I think my senses kicked in as the pungent smell of the disinfectant invaded my nostrils. These things seemed very familiar. Then it all hit me with a bang! HOSPITAL!!

 

Oh my God..I’m in a hospital. I hate hospitals. It always reminded me of my Mom's death. Her last days on the hospital bed. Our moments together!! Her suffering. Her pain. Her lifeless body. The feeling that she would never come back to me. How I lost her!! All of my buried memories came back slowly occupying my thoughts.

 

I could feel the room getting darker and darker making it difficult for me to see. My hands became clammy and my eyes teared up. My breathing was getting heavy and I felt an intense bolt of fear crawling in my body. I could feel my heartbeat speed up, only for my chest to weigh me down and throw me into the darkness of despair. I couldn’t breathe, couldn't move, couldn't get sufficient oxygen that my brain and lungs needed. I started sweating and could hear low whispers in my head.

 

I need to get out of this hospital right now!

 

With all my strength, I forcefully pulled out my IV tube and started running out of the room.

 

The moments with my mom kept surfacing in my head causing more pain in my heart. The memories of her smiling lovingly at me even when she was in the hospital bed. The care and affection she showed me until her last breath. The pain and sadness in her eyes…The truth she told me about my birth. The truth of me being unwanted and unloved and being in pain. How my family treated me like a worthless piece of sh*t….Flashes of my past slowly consumed the light in my head. I'm once again getting trapped in the darkness of my horrible memories. The intolerable nightmares are coming back. Why?? Why is it happening again!!

 

Mom!! I miss you, please come back! Mom..help me mom...please..

 

I've found myself crying on the bench outside clutching my head in an attempt to make the pain go away.

 

I felt someone’s presence in front of me, they were speaking to me, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. It seemed as if the world was underwater, everything was dark and blurry and painful, and all sounds were clouded. It was like a fog that descended all my senses. The person started to rub my back in an attempt to decrease the pain...their hand felt soothing and reassuring...To tell me that they were here…. For me...But I am unwanted...Who loves an illegitimate child!...The bastard child that caused nothing but shame and disgrace to the family..The child who was never meant to be born..

My breathing was getting louder and difficult and I quickly reached out to hold my mom's pendant dangling on my chest. It helps me get away from the voices and the darkness. But I couldn't find it. It was gone..

Where’s the pendant?

My Pendant!!

It was the only thing that reminded me of my mother’s warmth and our happy memories together...Mom!!

My only source to find a very important person!!

I tried to push back the feeling but it only got worse…

 

The voices in my head came back but they were incredibly loud this time. They were screaming and constantly shouting, “Everyone hates you,” “You’re worthless” and “Why don’t you kill yourself.” It's frightening. I’ve found myself covering my ears to escape the noise. Someone please make the voices stop. I don't want to go back into that terrifying darkness. Please! Please, Save me!!



 

Dara’s Pov

 

“Don’t worry..you'll be discharged in the evening...”

 

“Please make the discharge papers ready,” I said to the nurse.

 

She nodded and I proceeded to check on my next patient and unexpectedly I was happy

 

Devil Dara: Heyyyyy...remember what I said...It's almost time for him to wake up...just jump on him and make him yours. No more delay~ ~

 

I gritted my teeth loudly and blew on my shoulder that made my imaginary Dara fly away

 

Hahahahahahaha..serves her right!!

 

I was making my way to Jiyong's room when I saw him running out of his room.

 

What is he doing outside? When did he wake up and Why is he running out of the hospital like that? What is happening? He has a head injury, it could be dangerous for him…I rushed after him and found him sitting near the bench.

I could see him shaking....what happened..

 

When I came close to him I found him crying and he was having a hard time breathing. He was completely drenched in sweat... Oh No! I think he's having a panic attack..

I kneeled down in front of him and asked him to focus only on his breathing. But he seemed to be zoned out….

So to comfort him I placed one hand above his, the other hand to rub his back and said soothing words to him. I started to feel the unfamiliar warmth again.

 

“Jiyong, listen to me. You are completely safe here. There's nothing to be afraid of”

 

I thought this would reduce his panic attack but instead it increased his anxiety...

Oh god if this continues he could collapse

‘Jiyong breathe’

“Ji”

“Ji”

 

Panic attacks usually make people detached from reality...I should distract him...with an object or something..but how can I leave him like this

While caressing his hands I told him

 

“Jiyong think of something else..your happy memories”

 

“Focus on your breathing”

 

“Please”

 

But he jerked away from my touch and put them around his chest area, searching for his pendant....His breathing got even more audible.

This could get worse...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter