oo8

vivre
halloween
008

“It's been a little over a year of marriage between them. Jaehyun stared at their wedding picture hung above the TV. They were both smiling, yes, fake smiles. She looked pretty in her wedding gown, her bangs and her long black locks framing her face nicely, and he looked dashing in his black suit. He glanced at the kitchen where she was cooking dinner. Her hair is no longer black, it is now brown. She has also outgrown her bangs. Instead of pristine white gown, she had one of his hoodies and her own leggings under a purple floral apron. It's not like he's complaining though, he loved how she looks especially in his clothes.

"Dinner's about to be ready," she turned her head and offered him a soft smile, effectively cutting his train of thoughts. And that was his cue to start prepping the table.

“Oh? Alright.” He went to the kitchen to retrieve some bowls and chopsticks.

It was almost a routine. Her cooking, him setting up the table, and after popping the dirty dishes on the dishwasher, they will put them back to their own respective shelves together. Back then when he was still young, he had everything done for him. Even after moving to the States, there's still someone coming to cook and do the cleaning up for him. Being with her gave him a sense of responsibility and he loves it. He felt like he was useful and productive. His parents would be baffled to know their children didn't have a cook and a cleaning lady but he was contented with scrubbing their bathroom by themselves every Saturday. It was tiring, but seeing her flushing face as she wiped the window and later on enjoying Chinese take-outs together, he wouldn't trade it for anything.

To be honest, he wasn't sure of his feelings towards Yerim. At the first few months of their marriage, he was still busy transitioning from the States to Korea, so he spent most of his time travelling. Even after going back to Seoul, he'd rather stay at a hotel than going back home to their apartment knowing that he will fly off again go another destination the next day. And plus, he found it awkward to interact with her since he barely knew her. After he finished everything back in Fresco, he had no choice but return to his marital home. He wished he could prolong his stay in the US but his father was persistent on stripping his son away from the west so he could start being serious with his marriage. It was weird, especially when he discovered that she liked cooking and doing chores. She never pushed him to do the work, but he was just curious so he did them anyway. It was fun.

After being strangers despite being married, they slowly turned into friends. He began to know about her likes and dislikes. He figured out they both love singing and playing the piano, and he loved every Sunday night they spent huddled on the corner of their living room, playing some random tunes on her keyboard. He loves how she loves music. He really enjoys seeing her doing magic on her laptop, accompanied by either her guitar or her keyboard. He was amazed by her passion. She was brave and courageous, and she did everything to pursue her dream, something he has never been able to do in his 28 years of living.

They slept together on the same bed. They held hands. They hugged. He leaves occasional kisses on her temple, her forehead... And she leaves some on his dimple and his jaw. Everything's innocent and un-married couple like.

Her brother was a good friend of his. He knew his story of hating his wife, before they finally reconciled and now, they're having their first child. His relationship starts after lust. After discovering their physical needs of each other they got into better terms, finally falling in love, and starts building their own little family.

Having a belief that having can solve anything, Jungwoo gifted Jaehyun and Yerim a week of vacation to Australia. Contrary to Jungwoo's beliefs, nothing ual happened. Instead, they took pictures with lots of animals, eat tons of good food, and explore lots of places. It was like a great vacation between best friends instead of lovers.

He wanted some progress. He wanted to achieve what Jungwoo and Herin had. He wanted to be like that with Yerim.

And now, Fall has come, and they're about to go on another vacation since Taeyong is planning out a trip to Jeju for Halloween.

♦♦♦

The flight to Jeju was with the Lee's private jet. It was a convenient flight, and soon they were brought to the Lee's summer villa. It was big and comfy, and Jaehyun vaguely remembers staying there one summer. He was to share a room with Yerim—obviously—and their room was at the end of the hallway on the second floor.

"The view is great from here," Yerim grinned, now sporting a short hair. She cut her hair just a day before the vacation, and truthfully, she looked great in her new haircut.

"Is it?" Jaehyun asked, peering over her shoulder to see a nice view of the sea.

"Taeyong oppa said we can have a free day today. What do you want to do?" She asked. Jaehyun glanced at his watch. It's a little over 4.

"Shall we buy some street food, and then watch the sunset?"

She beamed. They noticed from the window some of their friends already taking the cars to explore the cities. Instead of using the car, he opted to take Bureungie out for a ride.

“When did you have it delivered here?” Yerim asked as she ran her fingers along the cool metal of the bike.

“I asked someone to bring it here this morning while we were flying here. I prefer my bureungie over those Lambos,” he grinned as they stared at Taeyong’s impressive Lamborghini collections.

"Is it weird that despite having ridden this before I’m still scared?" Yerim asked.

He laughed, "I thought you're already well acquainted to him?" He asked before securing the helmet on top of her head.

"Well, we never ride on this in Seoul. I forgot how it feels like," she pouted.

He shook his head and helped her get on the seat. "Hold on tight, it's going to be a great ride like always," he smiled as he eyed her worried expression from the sideview mirror.

She clasps her fingers around his torso, her body glued to his warm back. She can feel the wind on her shoulders and it made her feel free.

"Nice wind, right?" Jaehyun shouted amidst the noises. She grinned and nodded her head.

Soon they arrived at the market and Jaehyun helped her get off the bike.

"What shall we have?" He asked as he offered her his hand. She squeezed his hand before pulling him into the market. They ended up going home with the signature Jeju delicacy, the bingtteok, along with some of their other favorite street foods like tteokbokki, fishcake, and bungeoppang. It was nearing dusk when they got back. They hurried to the sea shore, and he set down a blanket on the sand. They both sat down and silently munched on the tteok while sipping on beer.

" It's beautiful. I wish I had my guitar with me," She said as she took pictures of the purple and orange sky.

"Got some inspirations?" He asked, taking out his own cellphone. He took a few pictures of the sun setting before changing his focus to snap a few candid shots of her. She looked ethereal in pictures, and even more beside him in real time.

She nodded. "I'll write some lyrics later on while looking at these pics," she smiled.

"So, ready for the Halloween party tomorrow?" Jaehyun asked. She grinned. "They will probably mock our costumes but hey, we love it," She shrugged.

And she was true.

♦♦♦

The next day, the house was decorated into a great Halloween setting, there were a lot of Halloween themed food. Everyone dressed up including the kids. Taeyong and his wife dressed up as Jack Frost and Elsa. Jungwoo and Herin dressed up as Anna and Kristoff, and they dressed up their little daughter as Olaf which was cute. Taeil dressed up as Belle and funnily, his wife dressed up as Beast. Their children dressed as Lumiere and Chip respectively. Mark and Donghyuk dressed as toothpaste and toothbrush as a joke. Doyoung dressed as a vampire. Youngho cracked everyone up as he dressed as Willy Wonka. Meanwhile Jaehyun and Yerim dressed in school uniform, confusing everyone. They actually dressed up like the character from the famous anime Your Name. Jaehyun was pretty proud of his look and Yerim with her now short hair really resembles the main character. Being called otakus by their friends didn’t hinder them from having a lot of fun.

"The food is great," Yerim mused as she picked a slice of cheesecake with cobwebs pattern on it.

"Well, check out these punches," Jaehyun grinned as he showed her his martini glass, filled halfway with red liquid and something that looked like an eyeball.

"Ooh, it's cute!" She gushes, reaching out her fingers to touch the cool glass. He gave her his glass and he walked to pick another glass for himself, bringing along some canapes with bats on them.

“Taeyong oppa really went all out organizing this party,” Yerim muses. Jaehyun shrugged as he sipped his martini.

“Shall we see Uncle and Auntie before we left? Tomorrow?” Yerim asked, tugging on his sleeve, slightly tipsy after all the drinks.

He brushed off strands of hair that covered her head and smiled, “If you’re not too hungover, yes we could.”

Yerim noticed his soft ways of telling her to stop drinking and she rolled her eyes, “Alright, father.”

The two of them continued their trip in Jeju happily, not knowing the storm that awaits them.

 

Notes

hulloo! it's me again:) sorry for missing but i'm having my exam month so i'll be gone for the next few weeks, but i'll try to squeeze in time to update. here's chapter 8 and look forward for the upcoming 'storm' ;) thx for reading commenting and subscribing!


Layout by Fin