bonus // oo1

vivre
bonus 1
001

Jaehyun groaned as he shut his laptop down. The dull ache in his temples began to spread and he felt a little lightheaded. He had a meeting with the company’s BOD early this morning followed by two very important meetings to seal a deal. The meetings went according to plan but he felt drained right now. After those meetings, he still had to review several business proposals and also work on some documents regarding the new Hyundai project. He had a light dinner thanks to Taeil who paid a visit to his office after having a meeting with one of Jaehyun’s subordinate but somehow he felt weak.

He didn’t have the energy to drive and already requested one of the company’s stand by driver to drive him home. The office is getting dark and it’s some time passed 11 pm and all he wanted to do is go home and snuggle with his wife. He’s pretty lucky tomorrow’s at least Saturday so he still had some time to regain his energy back.

The drive home was quiet. His head is still throbbing, and he felt feverish now. After thanking the driver, he closed his car door and staggered slowly into his apartment, trying his best not to lose his balance and fell face first flat on the floor before reaching his unit. After several unsuccessful tries of entering the password to his own home, he finally heard the familiar beep before he can go inside.

As he expected, it’s already dark and Yerim is already asleep. He groaned as he cracked his neck, he felt sore and tired and all he wanted to do is hit the mattress right now. He didn’t have the energy to even go shower or change his clothes.

He entered his dark bedroom, finding his wife already deep in sleep under the covers. Trying not to make any noises he stripped out of his clothes, letting them fall on the floor, deciding he’ll deal with them tomorrow after he felt better. Clad only on his boxers, he slipped under the cover, letting a small moan upon feeling the soft bedding underneath him. He snuggled closer to Yerim’s back, sighing upon feeling her warmth.

Realizing the sudden dip on the mattress and also the ragged breathing and warm aura emitting behind her, Yerim lazily opened her eyes. She turned around to see Jaehyun, his eyes closed tightly, and there were beads of sweats on his forehead. He looked like he’s very much in pain.

Oppa?”

Jaehyun groaned, feeling his head throb as he tried to open his eyes.

Yerim sat up and put her palm onto his burning forehead, gasping at the rising heat. On the other head, Jaehyun shivered at the sudden coldness.

“What happened? You’re burning with fever! And why aren’t you wearing any clothes?” Yerim fussed as she gets out of bed.

“I’m fine, please just stay here,” he croaked, trying to pull her back by holding her wrist and putting it against his blazing head. The coldness of her palm against his forehead felt nice.

Yerim ignored his whines and immediately rose from the bed and went to their closet, picking up a comfortable long-sleeved tee and some sweatpants.

“Help me out a bit, okay, babe?” Yerim whispered gently as she tried to lift his upper body into a sitting position. He leaned against the headboard weakly, letting Yerim dress him up. He felt her putting socks on his cold feet and tucking him back under the covers.

“Lay down again, I’ll get some medicine,” Yerim coaxed him gently as she hurried out, stepping over the arrays of clothing on the floor, ignoring the mess completely.

Jaehyun was getting in and out of sleep while feeling a bit delirious when she came back.

“Drink some water first, and then swallow these pills,” She said as she put a straw through his dry chapped lips.

He hummed as the cold water passed through his throat. He swallowed the bitter pills, and gulped down some more water to ease his dry throat. He felt something cold on his forehead which happened to be a fever patch. He let out a sigh as he enjoyed the coldness.

“Go back to sleep, you’ll be fine tomorrow, I’m right here,” Yerim whispered as she slipped under the cover and hurried to his side. She pulled him closer, letting his head rest on her chest and she felt his arms wounding themselves around her waist immediately. She runs her finger through his hair and he hummed appreciatively.

“Keep doing that, it eases the pain,” Jaehyun muttered. She nodded and continued brushing his hair softly, praying inside that he’ll be okay tomorrow.

♦ ♦ ♦

When Jaehyun cracked open his eyes the next morning, he felt much better. His head is not throbbing anymore and he felt his temperature going down. He sat down with a small groan, frowning when he realized his wife is not beside him. He tried to adjust his eyes with the sudden brightness, rubbing his face to try to rouse himself up.

“You’re awake. How do you feel?”

He glanced up at his wife who’s picking up his clothing that he discarded recklessly when he got home last night.

“Much better, thanks to you.”

He watched her put his clothes down into a laundry basket nearby before approaching him. She peeled off the fever patch and put her palms on his forehead and then his neck, sighing gratefully that his fever had come down a lot.

“I’ve made some samgyetang. I’ll bring them over, alright?” She smiled after kissing his cheek.

“I can get out of bed just fine,” he insisted as he stood up, wobbling a little as he walked to the door following her closely. She chuckled at his stubbornness as she let him held onto her elbow. She pulled him softly to sit on the dining room before walking into the kitchen. She brought back a steaming bowl of samgyetang and a cup of honey lime tea for him.

“Eat up,” she said as she pushed his cutleries towards him. He thanked her before digging in, humming in satisfaction at the warmth that spreads to his whole body. He finished eating quickly and sat down patiently as she washed the dishes. He wanted to help but she insisted she can do it herself so he decided to finally sit down.

He rested his chin on his palms as he stared at her. He was very thankful he had Yerim by his side to take care of him. Back then when he was still a bachelor in the States, he got sick once and he was so bad at taking care of himself his assistant had to call 911 after finding him unconscious on his apartment.

“What are you thinking about?” Yerim asked as she approached him, pulling him out of his trance. Jaehyun smiled and opened his arms, beckoning Yerim to come closer. She walked towards him and yelped when he pulled her down to sit on his lap. She relaxed when he hugged her tight and nuzzled his face on the crook of her neck.

“Still feeling unwell?” she asked as she ran her fingers through his hair, earning an appreciative hum from him. The way she massaged his scalp calmed him down a lot.

He kissed her neck and smiled. “I’m already fine. I just love cuddling with you,” he muttered, earning a laugh from her.

“You big baby,” Yerim chided softly.

Jaehyun pulled away to stare at her, she was still combing through his thick hair.

“Kiss me?” he asked and she scrunched her face, “I don’t want to get sick.”

He pouted and she laughed as she settled her hands on his nape.

“Just kidding,” she said before pulling him in for a kiss.

Let’s just say, Jaehyun was instantly healed. ."

 

Notes

i love this pairing so much that i made a pointless fluff short chapter because i'm bursting with feels.

 

and people! since i'm swarming with so much jaeri feels (and a whole lot feels for johnny) i decided to post a new jaeri story like i said previously! it's a detective/mystery au starring forensic doctor!yeri and detective!jaehyun ((plus detective!johnny and detective!doyoung because why not)). since the chapters i wrote for this story is mostly short, i'm now trying to write longer chapters. i'm halfway done with writing the story and will get down to posting a chapter once i finished my midterm.

do check my new jaeri story out here: catch him if you can

bye y'all thank you for reading//commenting//subscribing//upvoting i love y'all!!

 

and p.s// if i felt bored of writing that story and i am suddenly striked with inspiration, i might add another bonus fluff chapter to this story wheeee

Layout by Fin