o16.1

vivre
jeju again
016.1

Yerim sat on her chair as she watched the boys record a song. After the immense success of the show, NCT and SRG had been receiving offers for shows. Including her of course. But she declined all offer. One show performance led her to confessing to Jaehyun! Shows are wild! For the time being, she’s contented with being behind the screen so, no more public appearance. And plus, she didn’t want to give her parents another headache.

NCT and SRG had been invited for Immortal Songs and it’s a very prestigious program so Yerim is doing her best directing their performance. The past week has been really busy. She’s busy with the Immortal Song preparation and Jaehyun, he’s busy with work stuffs now that winter is almost coming. Companies are always busy nearing the end of the year anyways.

After the sudden confession she made, her relationship with Jaehyun began to change, bit by bit, for the better. They got a lot, lot closer. And Jaehyun became more vocal about his feelings about her which she was thankful for because she’s a bit shy to voice out her feelings. But these past few weeks they have been a little distant and he had been coming home very late, and always busy checking his laptop so she’s a little bit upset about it. Sometimes, he went home after she went to sleep and when she woke up, he already went to the office for meetings. She wanted to be mad at him but on the other hand, her mind is also pre-occupied with the upcoming Immortal Song performance. Let’s just say they were both at fault here.

Yerim snapped out of her reverie before focusing at the boy inside the recording booth. “Renjun, you did well. But I need you to sing that part a little softer. Imagine floating on clouds? That’s the feeling I want you to convey. Let’s try again okay?” She said before pressing some buttons so Renjun can record his part again.

After a gruesome 2 hours of mixing she finally exited the room. She was walking towards her office when her cellphone buzzed inside her pants pocket.

Jaehyun oppa

Oppa! What’s up?” She beamed as she answered his call. Oh boy, how much she missed him.

“Hi, baby. Was just asking, are you free this Thursday and Friday?”

Yerim mentally read her schedule in her head. “I don’t know for sure. Tomorrow the kids will be having their Immortal Songs performance. I supposed I’ll be free starting from Wednesday, but I guess I’ll have to check on my schedule first. Why?”

“I have a business meeting in Jeju on Thursday and Friday. I was thinking of bringing you along. Might as well extend my stay until Sunday. I want to meet Uncle and Auntie. And plus, we’ve been very busy I think we deserve a short getaway; don’t you think so?”

Yerim chuckled, “I’ll go ask my brother first if he had any projects waiting for me, okay?”

“All right. Tell me what he said soon, okay?”

“Sure thing. Alright, I gotta hang up. See you at home?”

“Yeah, see you at home. Love you.”

“Mm hmm. Love you too.”

Yerim decided to head straight on to her brother’s office after ending her phone call with Jaehyun. She knocked the door, heard a soft come in, before popping her head in.

Oppa?”

“Oh, Yerim-ah! Come in!” Jongdae stood up from behind his desk to move to the couch.

Yerim made herself comfortable on the leather couch before smiling. “Do I have any projects scheduled for the rest of this week?”

Her brother furrowed his brows, “Immortal Songs?”

“Well, other than that. We’ve finished recording for it, by the way. Tomorrow’s the shoot.”

Jongdae nodded, “That’s good to hear. Wait, let me check my phone.”

Jongdae scrolled his phone before shaking his head. “I think you’re clear after Immortal Songs. Why asking?”

Yerim shrugged. “Jaehyun asked me to accompany me to Jeju for his work.”

“Oooh, romance time after the long-awaited confession?” Jongdae teased.

Yerim rolled her eyes, regretting her decision of telling her brothers regarding the confession she made for Jaehyun.

“Anyways, you’re free to go. Bring back some Jeju tangerines for Seungwan, won’t you?”

Yerim beamed before flinging her arms around her brother and kissing his cheek, “Gee, thanks oppa!”

Jongdae watched his sister skipped out of his office happily. He shook his head and a soft smile played on his lips as his eyes wandered into the text message currently opened on his phone.

Jaehyun

Hyungbu, can you please give Yerim two days off on Thursday and Friday? Hehe, I want to surprise her with something...

♦♦♦

Jaehyun stares at the cellphone for a good few seconds. He had just finalized his plan of re-proposing to Yerim. He planned on proposing to her after they went back to Seoul. Yerim loved Cheonggyecheon so he will propose to her there. He had bought a ring and his friends including her brother Jungwoo had all agree to help him do his missions. For now, he wanted to build the atmosphere first and take her for a short vacation to Jeju so they can have some time for themselves. He actually didn’t have anything scheduled in Jeju, he was lying to Yerim as an excuse to bring her to Jeju.

He almost gave a heart attack to the officers at the Hyundai Dealer Shop here in Jeju when he came unannounced. They genuinely thought he came for an audit or something and went in panic mode when actually he was trying to act as if he was working.

"Work stuffs?"

He snapped out of his thoughts, quickly locked his phone, and looked back to see Yerim circling her arms around his waist, leaning her cheek on his back.

He chuckled and patted her hands, "Sort of. Everything's okay. I’m out of work, finally."

She smiled and turned him around, "I'm glad I came along with you to Jeju. I visited Uncle and Auntie Baek again while you worked today. Learned some new recipes today! We should visit Jeju as often as we could," she grinned.

He laughed and patted her head. "Of course, baby. Anyway, should we visit them again today? We'll be leaving for Seoul tomorrow, right?"

He watched her eyes gleamed, "I'll grab my coat," she smiled before pecking his dimple and running away to grab her coat.

She went out from the room and he grinned upon seeing her get up.

"We matched!" She beamed. She had put on a similar red turtleneck sweater and the Timberland boots they bought on Christmas last year. Only her jeans are different and she had a black coat on instead of the beige one like he had.

"Come on," Jaehyun tugged her hand to lead her to the awaiting motorbike. He secured the helmet on her head before helping her to get on the bike.

"I never knew there will be times where I'd travel Jeju in a motorbike," she mused as she hugged his back. He chuckled as he looked at her through the side view mirror. "I'm no ordinary husband!"

After a few minutes of riding, they arrived at Uncle Baek's shikdang.

"Welcome to—oh, Yerim-ah!" Uncle Baek grinned as he ushered them in.

"It's quite packed in here," Jaehyun mused.

"We shall help, right?" Yerim grinned as she took off her coat.

"Ya, Yerim-ah, you've helped us enough in the past few days. You should sit down and enjoy some food!" Uncle Baek insisted.

"I don't mind helping, samchon. Besides, I'm learning a lot from imo!" She winked and patted Jaehyun's arm before disappearing into the kitchen.

Jaehyun shrugs and picked up a menu book to help take orders.

"Thank you, Jaehyun-ah," Uncle Baek said.

Jaehyun smiled, "I'm glad we can help, samchon."

The couple worked diligently to help the Baek elders. The number of customers begin to cease as lunch time ended. Jaehyun sat down on an empty table as he helped Uncle Baek dry some of the washed chopsticks.

"Samchon, can I tell you something?" he asked as he put down the chopsticks and drying towel on his hands.

"You know you can tell me anything," uncle Baek smiled reassuringly.

"I'm going to re propose to Yerim. I mean, our wedding... was conducted by our families. We had no say regarding it. This time, I want to marry her again, because I've figured out my feelings for her," he said carefully.

Uncle Baek grinned. “I’ll have you know that I’m very delighted to hear that.”

“Please wish me luck. I’m scared I’ll turn into a stuttering mess and ruin everything. I mean, you’ve watched the TV show where Yerim created a song for me, right? Uncle?”

Uncle Baek nodded. “It was very sweet of her. Your auntie cried when she watched that.”

Jaehyun chuckled, directing his gaze to the short haired female currently chatting away with a customer who seemed to be a fan of her. He was lucky he had her, and he can’t wait to go back to Seoul tomorrow to give her the best proposal of her life.

 
Notes

the end is even nearer:)

i split the final chapter into two, and i have an epilogue prepared as well. i was sad that my favorite couple is ending soon and i was bored so i made a bonus chapter as well, lol. anyways, i've been very busy since the new semester just started and i'm in my last semester of college so i've been in a constant race with tons of stuffs. besides this fic, i actually have another jaeri fic in the making, but i'm not too sure about it. it's a detective!au story with a hint of medical touch (((since i'm a medical student))) and it has forensic stuffs in it. i'm lucky since i'm going to be learning about forensic medicine this semester, so i think i'll have to postpone publishing that fic right away since i want to learn as much as i could about forensic first so the story will be more believable.

besides that, i went to college away from home and there was no plane ticket left so i had to take a 15 hours train trip (((yes, freaking 15 hours))) to reach the city where my college is in, and during the journey i managed to whip a Kun x OC fic lol. it's not my proudest creation but i'm in a big kun mood nowadays, so i'll probably post that story once Vivre is finished, and once I finished polishing my kun fic, I'll get going with the jaeri fic.

WOW SO MUCH PLANNING

 

anyways, thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing, upvoting! today will be RV's comeback with Umpah Umpah, please support yerimie and the girls!!!

Layout by Fin