o16.2

vivre
confession
016.2

Yerim had requested to visit the famous yellow flower field after lunch since she wanted to take some pictures for inspiration. Jaehyun watched the younger girl stood amidst the withering yellow flowers, her red turtleneck and jeans ensemble contrasting the surrounding. She had ditched her black coat, leaving it on the seat of Jaehyun’s motorcycle.

She turned around and wave to him, pulling him closer for a selfie. He smiled at her as she skimmed through a few pictures they took. “We look good together,” Yerim grinned.

Ya, Yerim-ah, do you remember the first time we met?” He asked out of the blue and she laughed.

“Of course, I do! It still haunts me, believe it. That one dinner. Ah, that was awful,” Yerim shuddered.

Jaehyun chuckled, “I must’ve looked very stiff that time, huh?”

“You’re always stiff, oppa. But yeah, you were very tense and awkward that time. Stiff as a board. You’re much better now.”

“I remembered our engagement too. Everyone from the business industry is there. I felt the need to keep up an appearance you know.”

“But it was hella awkward! And our wedding too... Oh my god I got chills,” Yerim closed her eyes and shook her head.

Jaehyun laughed before stepping closer to her. “But you were very pretty during our wedding. I must admit my breath was taken away when you walked down the aisle with your father. I never really pay any attention on our prior meetings but at that time, you really blew me away.”

“Really?”

He nodded before touching her hair. “You have long, black hair. It was flowing down your back. You have a nice white gown on. You were very pretty.”

“My hair is short now,” she grinned and he smiled before tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

“But I love your short hair too. The brown color looks good on you.”

“You were handsome too on our wedding day. You gave me good butterflies in my stomach, I have to admit. It’s a pity we haven’t had any feelings that time.”

“It’s okay, love can grow, right?” He asked and she nodded with a smile.

“I’m quite happy with where we are right now,” She answered lightly as she bent down to tie her loose shoelaces.

“You’re happy with me?” Jaehyun asked and Yerim nodded wistfully before standing straight again.

“Of course. I have never felt this…. accepted and loved before.”

Jaehyun gulped. “I was planning on confessing to you back then. But you beat me to it,” he pouted.

Yerim laughed and his heart clenched because she looked so ethereal right now, he just wanted to kiss her senseless and embrace her as tight as possible.

“It came naturally. Sooner or later, I would confess to you anyway,” she shrugged nonchalantly as she turned around to watch the setting sun, taking out her phone to take yet another picture.

“I’m sorry I took too long. I was already preparing a surprise but you gave me a bigger surprise so I felt like I lost to you. Hurts my pride a little but well, you told me you love me so it was worth it,” he chuckled.

“What surprise?” Yerim turned her head and he paused.

 

Oh .

 

“What?”

Yerim tugged on his arm with a curious look.

“Come on, why are you keeping secrets?” she whined.

Jaehyun gulped as he watched her beady eyes blinking in curiosity.

 

Uh oh, he might have just spoiled a secret he was dying to keep. Guess the plan had to go down the drain and he’s forced to improvise now.

 

She blinked because he didn’t say anything and instead, he took two steps back.

“What...?”

And suddenly he was on his knees. He took a deep breath. This wasn’t what he had in mind, but oh well.

“Yerim.. I.. I’m not good with words, but I want to let you know that I’m very grateful to have you by my side for almost two years now. You made me feel happy and you made me experience things I didn’t get to experience in life before. I was very touched and thankful that you gave me a song and I couldn’t give you anything back in return. But if anything, I have been planning to do this. I want to… propose to you.”

“We got married in a flash, I didn’t have time to get to know you and give you a proper proposal. I wanted to give you a surprise proposal after we got back in Seoul but you look so pretty right now, and I love you so much, my brain is not working properly and I have to go down with this lame proposal. Every girl deserved one, and I’m not good with this, Oh god I’m sorry. I just… I love you a lot, okay? I want to spend the rest of my life with you, and I want to renew my vows to you with words, my own words. I want to give you a ring that I picked out by myself. I want to propose to you and be like every other couple out there. So, Kim Yerim, you’ve already married me, but will you continue being my wife? And spend the rest of your life with me?” Jaehyun gulped after finishing his speech, taking the view before him.

Yerim with her short hair flying in the wind, her cheeks flaming a pretty shade of pink, and opening in awe. He loves everything about her. He loves her with every fiber of his being and she deserved to know it.

Yerim was speechless. he was kneeling before her with a box in his hand, a simple ring with a small diamond in the middle, much simpler and less attention getting than the rock in her ring finger right now.

“Oh my God..”

And without knowing she already burst into tears, all sobs and snots. Her shoulder racked with sobs as she clamped her hand in front of . Everything’s too good to be true!

“Oh my god! Yerim, why are you crying? Did I say something wrong?” He stood up immediately to gather her in his arms and Yerim spend a good minute sobbing in his embrace. He panicked as he rocked her back and forth, whispered sweet nothings into her ears, and kissing the top of her head repeatedly—hoping the combined actions will calm her down.

“T-these are g-good t-tears, I pro-promise,” she hiccupped and he laughed, feeling instantly relieved.

He pulled back and showed her the ring. “I picked it by myself. It’s white gold. And if you see the inside, there’s an engrave of our initials. Do you like it?”

Yerim hiccupped before nodding, cradling the ring between her thumb and forefinger. “It’s so pretty. A-and much b-better than this ring,” she took off her old ring and gaze at the new ring Jaehyun gave her before slipping it into her ring finger.

“w-wait! Why a-am I pu-putting it b-by myself?” she chuckled as she half hiccupped before taking it off.

Jaehyun laughed before taking the ring from her and slipping it into her ring finger. He felt full and contented and happy.

“Thank you,” she smiled as she cupped his face.

He grinned before wrapping his coat around her small frame.

“Isn’t it cold?” he teased and she laughed, her cold hands caressing his reddening cheeks, fingers softly poking his dimples.

“That’s what husbands are for,” she grinned.

“Now I’m your personal warmer, huh?” He grinned as he swayed their bodies together.

She nodded as their forehead touched.

“Be my warmer forever?”

“Forever.”

“And my music critic too?”

“Forever.”

“My food enthusiast?”

“Forever.”

 

Their nose touched.

 

“Bathroom cleaning partner?”

“Forever.”

“Piano counterpart?”

“Forever.”

 

“Always?”

“Always.”

 

She stood on her tiptoes and their lips finally touched. She sighed upon feeling him tightening his hold around her. He smiled into the kiss.

Forever.

Always.

 

On the other hand, he might have to text everyone that the proposal plan in Cheonggyecheon is cancelled.

 
Notes

it's finally the end!! please anticipate the bonus chapter hehe. i'm still full with jaeri feels and i'm bursting with love for jaehyun after he dropped his lauv cover. boyfriend!jaehyun is to die for gaaahhh!!

 

and anyways, our reve just came back with umpah umpah so please give it a lot of love and support them on music shows and stream!the!!out!of!it!! and oh, i watched the cute interaction between yerim and johnny on soba and i was secretly wishing she did that to jaehyun too lol.

 

ANYWAYS STREAM UMPAH UMPAH! and thanks a lot for reading-subscribing-commenting-upvoting! i love you all!!!

Layout by Fin