o15

vivre
aftermath
015

Jaehyun had gone to work and Yerim had nothing to do in the company today.

But? She’s freaking out. She’s freaking the hell out. All pounding heartbeats, clammy hands, kinds of freaking out.

First of all, her father called. He did give her a ‘little’ scolding on the stunts she pulled at the show, but thankfully her brother is quick at damage control. With proofs of her song reaching the number one position in various charts—she received an all-kill for God’s sake, and even SRG hadn’t been able to achieve one themselves—and the value price of Lotte ent. stocks’ skyrocketing, her father was quickly calmed down. If anything, the old man values money a lot. As long as it brings him money, he’s probably fine. And contrary to his beliefs, Yerim’s brand value increased a lot, which boosted the company’s image. It’s almost like she’s up to par with current famous Korean composers and several companies had started contacting her to produce some songs from her. And it seems like Hyundai is benefitting as well after the love confession song she released for one of its directors—none other than the Jung Jaehyun himself, her husband, and the source of her next headache.

After the confession she hastily made last night, the dynamic of her relationship with Jaehyun changed drastically overnight. This morning she woke up in his embrace, and even though she loved it so much, when they both woke up it became a tad bit awkward.

She needs to solve this problem and gather her s together because she can’t keep walking on eggshells and being antsy forever. She needs to let it out. After pondering a bit, she called someone she could trust with this problem.

“Hello, unnie?”

Ah, Yerimie! What’s up?”

Unnie, you’re at home, right?”

“Of course, I have to take care of my daughter. Why?”

“Can I visit you?”

“Of course! Accompany me! It’s getting a bit lonely these days.”

“Alright, alright. I’ll dress up first then I’ll head there okay?”

♦♦♦

When the front door opened, she was greeted by a big warm hug by her sister in-law, Herin.

“Oh, Yerim, I missed you! Come in, come in!”

Yerim smiled as she entered her brother’s home. “Oppa’s at work?”

Herin nodded as she sat down in the couch with Yerim in tow.

“He just left when you called me. Anyways, want to drink something?”

“Nah, I’m good. Where’s Lina?”

Herin smiled, “Asleep after her breakfast. We have approximately… 2 hours before she wakes up and demands attention.”

Yerim nodded.

“Anyways, I watched your show! A song for Jaehyun, huh?” she teased.

Yerim blushed.

“But the song is gorgeous though. Jungwoo and I watched it and we were shocked because you really decided to sing. How did your parents react?”

Yerim closed her eyes and groaned, “I received an earful from my father, but thankfully Jongdae oppa salvaged me pretty well so we’re cool.”

“That’s good to hear. It’s nice to see you perform. Jungwoo always said about how you’re very talented but we never got to hear you until yesterday. You have a beautiful song and the meaning was very sweet. What was Jaehyun’s reaction?” Herin clapped her hands enthusiastically.

Yerim sighed.

“That was why I came here.”

“Oh no, did he hate it?” Herin’s facial expression changed immediately.

“No, no, no. He liked it. And… and… how do I describe this, gosh. He was working overtime when the show aired so he watched it from his office. I wasn’t there with him so I didn’t really know his initial reaction.”

“And then?”

“Then when he went home, he... he suddenly hugged me.”

“WHAAT? YES!” Herin squealed.

“And one thing leads to another. I mean, he said he was thankful that I wrote such a meaningful song to him. And then... I don’t know he was just staring at me intently and I was in his embrace, I don’t know what has gotten into me and I ended up confessing to him. God, it was embarassing,” Yerim groaned as she buried her face in her palms.

Herin laughed before hugging her sister-in-law.

“Good for you then! It’s been more than a year, it’s about time! And it’s the millennial era right now, girls can confess first!”

Yerim shrugs.

“How did he respond?” Herin asked curiously.

“He… he said he loved me too, hehe.”

Herin had widely opened before trying to scream as quietly as possible so she won’t wake her sleeping daughter up.

“He WHAT? Oh my god, I’m so happy for you, Yerim-ah!”

Yerim smiled, “Thank you. But now I’m… I’m all awkward, what should I do??”

Herin laughed.

“Oh, sweetheart. It’s so cute hearing this story of yours. My advice is just taking it easy, you’re lucky you both professed your love with such cute confessions after a sweet song. In my case and Jungwoo’s we did it after having which makes it awkward like… tenfold! Just take it slow, just be like how usually is around him. But then, don’t be shy to show him your concern and feelings. Honesty is key to every relationship.”

Yerim nodded, “That’s a good piece of advice actually. Anyways, my brother’s nice to you, right?”

Herin laughed again, “Well sweetie, if he isn’t nice then I wouldn’t be having a kid with him. Your brother’s a sweetheart, you don’t have to worry. Just focus on your relationship with Jaehyun, okay? You are confused and giddy and I bet my that that poor boy is feeling the same thing and I have a gut feeling he’s probably talking his heart out to my husband right now!”

♦♦♦

Jaehyun finished his work of revising reports that he abandoned yesterday after watching Yerim’s show. As much as he enjoyed Yerim’s impromptu confession yesterday, it still having to be buried in paperworks. It’s worth it though. He cracked his neck and send the reports back to his secretary. Just before he wanted to leave for lunch, his secretary came in.

“Oh, Gyunghwan-sshi! I just sent you the revised reports. Two of them are approved, the 2 remaining need some minor corrections.”

His secretary nodded.

“I’ll e-mail them back to the finance division right away, sir. Anyway, you have a guest, sir.”

“Guest? I was thinking of going for lunch. Geez, can’t people give me a break or something? Is it really important or can I—”

“So, you wanted to ditch your brother-in law for lunch?”

Jaehyun nearly have a heart attack when Jungwoo’s head popped from behind Gyunghwan’s back, scaring the short secretary as well.

“Jungwoo?!”

Jungwoo grinned.

“Come on, I’ll treat you lunch. Please let me borrow your boss for lunch break, Gyunghwan-sshi! I promise, I’ll return him back in one piece later,” Jungwoo winked before pulling Jaehyun out.

Jaehyun bombarded the guy with questions on why he decided to emerged in his office out of nowhere but the latter ignored him entirely. In the end, Jaehyun let Jungwoo drag him into a restaurant just across his office.

“What’s with the sudden visit, eh?” Jaehyun asked again after they placed their order.

“Your wife visited my home a while ago.”

“Yerim?”

Jungwoo nodded.

“And then?”

Jungwoo chuckled, “I watched the show last night with Herin. Boy, my sister was so whipped for you!”

Jaehyun blushed and shook his head, trying to appear fine.

“And she visited to see Herin. Herin called me and she said that now Yerim and you had come into terms. Tell me your side of story then,” Jungwoo grinned.

"Oh, God please, Jungwoo!"

"Hey, I want to know what happened to my baby sis! Come on!"

Jaehyun sighed, “I told her I was thankful for the song, and just for her existence in general. And then she told me she loved me…. and of course, I told her I love her too!”

Jungwoo furrowed his brows, “So she said it first. You don’t say you love her out of respect, right? Like, you really love her, right?” 

Jaehyun smiled at his friend’s concern towards his sister. “Dude, of course not. I do love her. And I’ve been trying to find the right time to tell her my feelings, but it’s hard to explain. We started off our relationship in a weird note, and I was scared of becoming awkward, and I was scared she hasn’t developed feelings for me, so I never got the chance to tell her and yesterday, she beat me to it!”

Jungwoo let out a sigh of relief. “So, you were already planning to tell her?”

Jaehyun nodded enthusiastically, “yes! But I never got the chance to. Actually… I was thinking back then of proposing to her.”

Jungwoo raised his brow, “Propose? You guys were already married.”

Jaehyun nodded.

“I know. But… When I married her… It was all more of our parents’ doing.We didn't get a say in the whole process. We didn't even get to pick the rings ourselves. It will be too much of a hassle to hold another wedding, but I think she at least deserved a real proposal. Don’t you think so?”

Jungwoo smiled.

“You’re a good guy, the right one for my sister. My sister always put out a tough exterior but deep down she likes sappy stuff. I can guarantee that if you indeed proceed with that plan of yours, she will be crying buckets and she will probably be super happy.”

Jaehyun nodded, already forming a plan inside his head.

“Oh, and bonus tip, my sister like the simplest things,” Jungwoo winked just in time as the waiter served their food.

 
Notes

the end is near:)

ANYWAYS GO SUPPORT OUR DREAMIES IN THEIR LATEST COMEBACK!! I like the title track a lot! and oh, 127's Highway to Heaven English version is also a very dope track. One thing i love the most about it is how well produced the MV is, like the wide shots and the camerawork is seriously amazing, the coloring too like god please, i love the mv a lot! and the fact that there's a lot of jaehyun shots there got me flailing as well. anyways support nct!!

and oh, RV just changed their hair color! our baby yerim looked smoking hot in that blonde hair, gosh I love her  lot in blond. comeback is near... i guess?? well, i'm being well-fed in 2019 by SM!

 
Layout by Fin