o12

vivre
jongdae's proposition
012

“Hey, oppa..”

“Hmm..?” Jaehyun looked up from the book he’s reading to Yerim who was staring at him.

Yerim had put down the laptop from the lap and now sitting cross-legged while sipping on the bottle of health tonic in her hands.

“Both our mothers called me today.”

Jaehyun folded the edge of his book before putting it away. Whenever the mothers called, something not good is bound to happen.

“My mother called me earlier this morning, and your mother called me in the afternoon.”

Jaehyun brushed his own face in annoyance, “Ugh. And what did they said?”

“They were sort of talking me into going to this fertility clinic, that doctors, and tons of health product. And even your mother sent me a whole bag filled with healthy tonic!” She complained as she pointed at the glass bottle on her hand.

“Should I give my mom a call then?” Jaehyun asked worriedly. He knew Yerim is uncomfortable being pushed to have a kid with him. They were both victims of an arranged marriage. They are barely comfortable with several kinds of skinship, how are they going to jump straight to having and making babies?

“No, no. They actually meant good things, it’s just... with this kind of relationship that we have, I don’t think is ideal to have kids at this time. Don’t get me wrong, I love kids. I love my nephews and niece, yours too. But I don’t think we’re ready for that commitment yet. We still need to work on our…. feelings towards each other? Don’t you think so?”

Jaehyun gulped. Did Yerim have any kinds of feeling for him?

Because heck yeah, he did.

He wouldn’t mind starting a family with her and spending the rest of his life with her. 16 months living with her was his happiest and he would love to keep it that way. But if anything, he would wait for her first. Her comfort and feelings are his top priorities.

So, he softly nodded, “Alright.”

“And the tonic your mother sent me tasted nice so I’m okay,” she quickly added as she turned her attention back to her laptop while sipping on the said drink, earning a string of laughter from her husband.

♦♦♦

Yerim furrowed her brows as she supervised SRG’s recording. She wrote their title track and two other songs. They have finished recording the songs she made but she decided to supervise the rest of the recording. A few other members are sitting behind her practicing their own lines and their lead vocalist is currently recording right now.

“Jihoon-sshi, who wrote this song again?”

Jihoon, one of the AR team responsible for this comeback look up from the monitor.

“MonoTree wrote this, Yerim-sshi.”

Yerim nodded. It’s a good ballad and the lyrics are relatable to a lot of females in her opinion regarding one-sided love whatsoever. Yerim sipped her coffee as she listened to the lyrics that got her thinking.

Her mother and mother-in-law had been a total bother, forcing her to start having kids. With the current state of her marriage it seems impossible.

Yerim listened as Yiyang sang her lines.

Somehow the sappy lyrics seems to speak to her.

She has feelings she can’t explain towards Jaehyun. After sharing a bed and living under the same roof for 16 months? Yeah, it’s a given. It’s not difficult to fall for Jaehyun, really. And after the recent events where he stood up for her regarding her love for music, it’s very easy to continue falling for him. But to be honest, Yerim didn’t know how Jaehyun feels towards her. Jaehyun naturally had a gentle and kind personality. He can also be a bit playful when he feels like it. And that becomes a problem because he’s always that way to everyone else so it’s hard to see if he’s doing anything special to her.

Yerim sighed and threw the empty coffee cup into the trash bin. She had been zoning off too long the girls are almost finished with their recording.

“Girls, I think I might have to clock out early, I had something to finish. Please continue working hard, you’ve all done such a good job today,” Yerim said as she stood up, earning bows and a chorus of thank yous. She exited the recording booth and went straight to her office to pick up her lyric’s books. Inspiration strikes, better get to work, right?

♦♦♦

Yerim was about to leave her office when her brother popped in with a grin.

“You busy?”

She shrugged, “No, I was about to leave.”

“It’s still…” Jongdae glanced at his wristwatch, “fifteen to five. It’s pretty early to go home.”

“I have finished supervising SRG’s recording. NCT has finished promotion, what else do I have to do? You’re not asking me to debut another group, right?” Yerim chuckled.

Jongdae laughed and shook his head before making himself comfortable on the couch near Yerim’s table. “Go sit down. I’m making a proposition, but it has nothing to do with debuting a new boy group.”

Yerim reluctantly sat next to her brother. “I got an offer from Hong PD. You recognized him, right? Hong PD from JTBC?”

“He was the one who directed Sugarman right?”

“Yes, that’s right. He’s making a new program that will air every Friday night. That’s a great air time. This is a special program that will only air for 6 episodes.”

“Is this regarding NCT or SRG’s participation?”

“You’re partly correct. The program will be called PD’s note. It will feature several artists and their producers. Banana Culture’s new girl group that was set to debut at the end of this week? Yeah, they will participate alongside with Shinsadong Tiger. Teddy and Somi is set to participate. Jay Park and Hoody is set to participate as well.”

“Who else?” Yerim asked.

“There will be 6 teams. Antenna music is discussing Lee Jinah’s appearance as a rising producer with the artist Minseo and Percent. Also, it was rumored that Rain will come with his agency’s boy group. And you, I hope.”

“Me???” Yerim raised her brow.

Her appearing on a tv show will receive nothing but her parent’s wrath.

“They invited you to come with a few members of NCT and SRG. I was thinking around 3 or 4 members from each group. I’m also going to let you decide the members since you know them best.”

“Look, oppa, I don’t think me appearing on a nationwide TV is a good choice. You knew and you’ve seen it yourselves what happened a few months ago when dad pulled me out of the agency. I don’t think it’s a good idea.”

“But, here, listen. It’s a good exposure for NCT and SRG. And you. The public knew the creator of NCT and SRG as Katie K, but they were curious about the face behind it. The publicity will be good for the agency because after knowing what you’ve done, they will appreciate your future works more. It’s going to be good. And it will showcase your musical talents, as well as NCT and SRG.”

Yerim sighed. “What’s the show format again?”

Jongdae grinned.

“6 episodes. Each week, there will be a theme, and each team should create a song with choreography and stuffs, I guess according to the theme. The PD told me that the theme each week will change, and there will be times that you’re going to be asked to perform on stage, the artists I mean, and there will be times when you’re asked to showcase a music video. It depends. There will also be a talk show after each performance, sort of, a commentary? And also, to talk about each team.”

Yerim sighed.

“I think Lucas will be great for these kinds of stuff. He’s good at reality show. Add Ten too. Ten has a good voice, and he’s a great dancer so he’ll be great for choreographies. Renjun can be one of the vocalists, and maybe…. Yoonoh? He has a distinct voice that is different from Renjun and Ten’s vocal color. From SRG… I think Hina and Lami should make the cut. And Yiyang?”

Jongdae nodded. “I think 4 NCT members and 3 SRG members will be enough. I’ll go call the PD again, okay? Thank you very much I love you sister!”

 
Notes

byuntaefangull here. thank you for reading! someone commented saying the fonts are too small so i have edited every chapter. is it easier to read now?  please do comment if you have any suggestions or if you found any mistakes! see you on future chapters^^

 

p.s STREAM ZIMZALABIM EVERYONE! it's such a bop and the whole album got me spazzing! my favorite track is sunny side up and LP. and a small fact: sunny side up was written by cazzi opeia and moonshine who created milkshake, power up, peek a boo, and blue lemonade! ah, they are my favorite songwriters! another kpop composer I like is Andreas Oberg who wrote a lot of songs for SM such as EXO's COming over, wait, and stronger. He's also the one who composed RV's Would U! So, who's your favorite Kpop composer? ;)

Layout by Fin