o17 - epilogue

vivre
epilogue
017

Yerim sat down at her bed as she stared in the package at her hand in horror.

what the ?

It was a silky chemise with a lacey trim. It actually has a nice black color and it would look good on practically anyone but Yerim would never wear something racy like this.

Ever.

It’s been a few months after Jaehyun proposed to her, and thankfully their relationship is getting stronger and better than before. Yerim confided a lot in Herin and the older girl always seemed to have the correct piece of advice for her, but this time Yerim simply thought the latter had lost her mind.

Herin loved the way their relationship blooms and she thought they were very cute. But one thing that irked her the most is the lack of physical intimacy that the couple had. They’ve been married for a little over two years but he had never touched her in a ual way, and Yerim being Yerim never had the courage to initiate any ual activity.

Yerim had been pondering about this problem for quite some time. She knew Jaehyun is a normal male with physical needs and she’s a grown-up woman too. They both longed for it but were both too scared to start. Jaehyun had a very soft personality and he loved his wife too much; the last thing he wanted is to make her feel uncomfortable. And Herin decided, maybe Yerim has to be the one to start. Yerim remembered clearly the words that Herin said.

“Jaehyun’s birthday falls on Valentine’s Day. Go on a vacation, popped open some wine, get a little tipsy, put on my gift, and get laid!”

She was wary of Herin’s gift and when she opened the gift, she had nothing to say. Yerim’s fingers played with the soft fabric. It’s soft and seemed comfortable. The design is pretty too but dear God, it’s too revealing for Christ’s sake!

She had talked to Jaehyun about wanting to go for a short getaway to celebrate his birthday. Jaehyun was very elated and he agreed right away. His birthday fell on Saturday, and he had proposed his idea of departing at Friday night, and they can go back home late on Sunday since they both still have work on Monday.

Yerim shook her head. Jaehyun will be home any minute and she hasn’t finished cooking yet. She hastily stuffed the flimsy attire into her bag before rushing to the kitchen.

♦♦♦

Yerim paced around her hotel’s bedroom. Jaehyun is currently showering and she had a few minutes to collect herself and calm the down before he gets out. She had slipped into the chemise and she groaned at her own appearance. She didn’t feel confident wearing something quite revealing. But they’ll be having his birthday dinner tonight, and she had planned on surprising him later at night.

It’s the perfect momentum. His birthday and Valentine’s day, and also a Saturday night. It’s the best combo, honestly.

Shaking off her fears aside, she ignored the fact that she’s already wearing the flimsy attire and quickly slipped into her mini dress.

Shortly after, Jaehyun emerged from the bathroom, only clad in his pants.

“You’re ready to go?” He asked softly as he went to retrieve his shirt from his luggage.

She gulped upon seeing his half state. She had seen him topless several times since he preferred sleeping without a top. He initially had to endure a year of sleeping in discomfort using a shirt in fear of making Yerim uncomfortable. After telling him it was okay, he started sleeping only in his pajama pants. It did make her feel uncomfortable at first, but having the feeling of his warm chiseled chest pressing against her back when she woke up the next morning is the best kind of feeling so she was okay.

But still, with the thought of what might happen this night, seeing him topless made her nervous. She walked forward with her fingers slightly trembling as she helped him button his shirt. He chuckled and settled his hands on her hips, making her shuddered a bit.

“Thank you, love,” he said as he gave her forehead a peck after buttoning his shirt.

He shrugged into his suit and turned to her with a stupid grin on his face, clearly excited about having a nice, fancy, dinner with his wife on his birthday night.

Yerim patted his cheek, “It’s nothing. Shall we go celebrate your birthday?”

He grinned before interlocking his fingers with hers, “Let’s go.”

♦♦♦

They had a nice dinner and the restaurant served great wine. She’s not drunk nor tipsy, but at least she had a bit of alcohol running through her veins to help ease her mind. And trust her, she needs it.

She took a deep breath as she faced the bathroom mirror, giving one last look at her 'wild' appearance.. Jaehyun is probably already preparing to go to sleep, but she had other things in mind. She took off her hair elastics and let her hair that has grown to her shoulder loose. After spraying a bit of perfume on herself, she took a deep breath before leaving the bathroom.

Meanwhile Jaehyun is already clad on his pajama pants sans the top as usual. He stood in front of the big window that showed the scenery of the beach nearby the hotel. He was checking a few incoming texts mostly giving birthday greetings. He felt happy after the nice dinner with his wife. He scrolled down his inbox and frowned upon reading a message from his friend who’s also Yerim’s brother, Satan’s incarnate, and Devil in disguise, Jungwoo.

Jungwoo

Happy birthday bro, wishing u all the best. Greetings from Herin and baby Lina

Jungwoo

Oh, and you’re finally getting laid tonight. Woo hoo! Goodbye Jaehyun!

Jungwoo

Take care of my sister okay Jungwoo Wear protection!! I gifted u some check your birthday gift lol

Jaehyun furrowed his brows and walked to his suitcase. Jungwoo had been the one to drive him and Yerim to the airport and he had given him a box of present but Jaehyun had yet open it. Jaehyun picked up the small blue colored box and he balked upon seeing what’s inside. There’s a ton of condoms and a small card that simply reads, Enjoy!

He shuddered and threw the box back to his suitcase anxiously, not wanting Yerim to found out. He didn’t think she’s ready for yet. And so far, he’s okay with taking early morning cold showers so…. yeah.

He was mildly in panic mode, trying to figure out how to cover the box, when the door to the bathroom opened. He haphazardly pulled a few clothing, arranging them messily to hide the damned box.

He expected Yerim to come out in her favorite pink pajamas and he nearly choked upon seeing her. She had her hair down, and what the is she wearing?! She gave him a small smile and he visibly gulped as she walked towards him.

He blinked at her.

“Holy —what in the world, Rim?”

He literally got nothing to say.

To his surprise, she stood on her tiptoes, placed her arms around his neck, before pulling him down for a kiss. It was a gentle kiss at first, but after the initial shock passed, he kissed her back. She returned his kiss with more fervor, slightly whimpering when his hands settled on her hips. She felt the skin burning under his touch.

They pulled apart after feeling the need for oxygen and she smiled. “Happy birthday, I guess….?”

He shut his eyes tight and groaned, “Oh my god, Yerim. Did you know the consequence of what you just did?” He raised a brow, squeezing her hips, shaking inside when he felt her body heat emanating from under the flimsy material, causing her to gasp.

What he didn’t expect is for Yerim to step even closer to him. “I think I’m ready. It’s your birthday after all, it’s also Valentine,” she answered nonchalantly, causing him to widen his eyes in complete surprise.

“God, what am I supposed to do with you?” He softly groaned before burying his face on the crook of her neck which he regretted immediately. Her scent is definitely turning him on more and he didn’t want to scare her away.

Yerim pulled him away before whispering cheekily, “Anything, everything, to your heart’s content.” Jaehyun gulped.

She’s turning into a different persona tonight and he didn’t hate it.

Screw, he loved it.

“Are you sure?” He asked, caressing her cheek softly.

Instead of answering, she pulled him down for another heated kiss, letting his chest to press against her which caused him to groan into the kiss. “100%,” she answered as she panted, secretly nervous.

And after that all rational thoughts left his head. He’s glad he had some wine before. And yes, Jungwoo’s gift will totally be useful tonight.

♦♦♦

When Yerim woke up the morning after, her body felt sore but in a good way. She blinked her eyes trying to wake up but she felt really comfortable and warm she didn’t feel like going out of bed soon. She noticed Jaehyun’s bare chest pressed into her back, one of his arms draped around her mid, his fingers are on hers, idly caressing her thumb. His face is buried into her hair and one of his leg is tangled with hers. She felt really close with him and she was grateful she mustered up her courage last night. She lets out a sigh before snuggling into his chest.

She heard him hummed softly, feeling his arm wrapped her tighter and him giving small kisses on the top of her head. “You awake?” he croaked.

Yerim turned around, feeling embarrassed when his hooded eyes stared into her own. She nodded, her face getting flushed almost immediately.

He smiled lazily, still feeling sleepy. “Are you okay?”

She nodded as she let him pull her closer.

“I’m sorry If I hurt you last night,” he spoke softly and she shook her head.

“You were very gentle and loving. I’m alright.”

He leaned in to kiss her and she smiled into the kiss. “Last night was the best birthday present I’ve ever got,” he confessed, making her cheeks turned pinkish.

She giggled before craning her neck to peck his lips though she missed and ended up kissing his jaw instead. “Love you.”

“Love you too."

 

Notes

i was attempting but i changed my mind because boy oh boy i at writing mature stuff. this is the closest i can get at writing something like that lol. anyways, i'm going to mark this as complete now that the epilogue is posted!

thank you for sticking with this fic even though i know i lacked a lot:( english is not my first language so i have a bit of a struggle to find words that could portray the story well without ruining your reading experience with messy grammar:( and plus, i've been learning korean casually so when i wrote a fic, i have a habit of thinking: how wpuld a korean person say this? that's why maybe some dialogues sounded a bit awakward but trust me, it's because i don't know how to translate certain korean expressions into english without losing the original context/feel.

 

anywayysss, thank u again for reading-commenting-subscribing-upvoting! i appreciate all of you:* i am still submerged deeply in jaeri feels and i'm in the process of writing the jaeri detective!au featuring johnny and doyoung. let's pray i can finish it soon so i can post it in aff^^

P.S SINCE IM STILL DEEP IN JAERI FEELS EXPECT BONUS CHAPTERS WHENEVER I FEEL LIKE IT WOOHOO

Layout by Fin